Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

SOULCALIBUR VI Announced

BANDAI NAMCO offers this trailer showing off SOULCALIBUR VI, a new installment in the fighting game series coming next year to PC and consoles. This comes with this announcement with details on what to expect:

BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc. returns to the stage of history with SOULCALIBUR™VI for the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, Xbox One, and STEAM® for PC. Enter into a new chapter of weapons-based 1 vs 1 fighting with returning fan-favorite characters and all-new gameplay systems.

The SOULCALIBUR franchise has been the premier 3D weapon-based fighting series since the original SOUL BLADE released in arcades in 1995. SOULCALIBUR VI retains the series’ signature 8-Way Run movement system, providing super smooth 3D movement, while integrating new gameplay systems such as the exciting Reversal Edge. Reversal Edge enables characters to clash against each other and follow-up with powerful counterattacks based on their opponent’s actions. Challenge the computer AI, compete against friends, or challenge fighters from around the world in high-speed dynamic battles with jaw-dropping visual effects.

Taking place in the 16th century, revisit the events of the original SOULCALIBUR to uncover hidden truths with a diverse lineup of new and returning characters with their unique fighting styles including series mainstays; Mitsurugi and Sophitia.

“The fast and kinetic gameplay of SOULCALIBUR is on full display in SOULCALIBUR VI,” said Mark Religioso, Brand Manager for BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc. “A stellar lineup of characters and weapons, combined with a simple control layout means gamers of all skill levels can jump into the action and decimate the competition.”

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 8, 2017, 21:54 UttiniDaKilrJawa

Loved the Dreamcast version and 3. Remembered 4. Have absolutely no memory of 5. Curious to see where 6 lands.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 8, 2017, 20:25 Tom

The legend will never die.

I played the first SC to death on the DC as well. One of the best games ever. I happened to get back into it a little recently via the DEmul emulator, works great.

5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 8, 2017, 16:18 Mordecai Walfish

Bamco's been on a roll lately! Perhaps it's helped them a bit that they are largely using Unreal Engine 4 for everything now instead of having to design their own engines in-house as they had in the past. As an added bonus they are generally releasing on PC alongside consoles now as well which is a *very* welcome change!  

4. Re: SOULCALIBUR VI Announced Dec 8, 2017, 13:35 SirKnight

Definitely getting this! Probably on PS4.

I loved the first one on the Dreamcast. As a matter of fact, I have my Dreamcast hooked up in my living room right now through the Framemeister using S-Video (since I recently bought the excellent Dynamite Cop). I may throw Soul Calibur in there later. It's been quite a long time since I last played it.

I can't remember if I even have any of the other ones.

3. Re: SOULCALIBUR VI Announced Dec 8, 2017, 13:25 theglaze

Glad to see they added more talent to the boob design team, Sophitia's rack is bombin in this latest installment!

/whateveryoneisthinking

2. Re: SOULCALIBUR VI Announced Dec 8, 2017, 11:15 mch

Soul Calibur II on the Gamecube was amazing.

Yeah, I'm in.

1. Re: SOULCALIBUR VI Announced Dec 8, 2017, 11:09 Pineapple Ferguson

I played this shit outta the original on my Dreamcast back in the day.  

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo