Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Witchfire Announced

The Astronauts announce Witchfire an Unreal Engine 4 shooter. This sounds like a departure from the developer behind The Vanishing of Ethan Carter, so the studio's three cofounders remind us of their tenures at People Can Fly, where they helped create Painkiller and Bulletstorm. Here's a teaser trailer and here some details:

Also, as you can see in the teaser, Witchfire uses the photogrammetry tech we previously used in The Vanishing of Ethan Carter. This tech allows us to 3D scan real-life objects even entire buildings! and use them as digital assets in our games for unparalleled visual quality, and natural, organic look and feel. We believe we can push the tech even further, with new tools, hardware, and all the experience we gathered during the development of our first game.

You can read our blog post on the photogrammetry tech here.

View
6. Re: Witchfire Announced Dec 8, 2017, 15:01 Slashman

Nullity wrote on Dec 8, 2017, 14:09:
Slashman wrote on Dec 8, 2017, 13:41:
Nullity wrote on Dec 8, 2017, 12:45:
Well this is definitely going on my list to check out. Graphically and thematically, that looks amazing.

*crosses fingers for co-op support*

Sure! Let's take a promising atmospheric and dark FPS which would benefit from interesting environmental interactions and effects and fuck it up with co-op support to limit single player possibilities.

I'm in!!!

The presence of co-op does not preclude these possibilities. The fact that some co-op games are lacking in these areas is the fault of the developer, not the concept of co-op itself.

At the very least (given a lazy or unimaginative developer), it could be handled like how Halo did it, where the story, cinematics, interactions, etc behaved as if it were a single player game with only one Master Chief, and the co-op partner is completely ignored.

Games are more fun with a friend. I'm sorry you don't have any friends.

And I'm sorry you're so insecure that you need someone else to validate your fun for you.

Back on the topic of co-op, I prefer single player games that focus on story, RPG elements and environmental interaction to stay that way. Because either you get a watered down experience or you get silly situations where players get ignored and the game tells you that you're playing alone, which breaks immersion anyway.

If I want to play an FPS with friends, I'll plat Vermintide, L4D or some other game that is built from the ground up with co-op. Shoehorning in co-op for no other reason than to check a box is dumb and produces lower quality games.

Your silly comment about lazy developers is actually about applying time and resources where they make the most sense. Of course that's hard to see when playing a single player game makes you piss your pants with fear that you won't have a friend to along to let you know you enjoyed yourself.

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Dec 8, 12:34 Re: Witchfire Announced Creston
  2. Dec 8, 12:45  Re: Witchfire Announced Nullity
  3. Dec 8, 13:41   Re: Witchfire Announced Slashman
  4. Dec 8, 14:09    Re: Witchfire Announced Nullity
>> 6. Dec 8, 15:01     Re: Witchfire Announced Slashman
  7. Dec 8, 15:11      Re: Witchfire Announced CJ_Parker
  9. Dec 8, 15:34       Re: Witchfire Announced Nullity
  8. Dec 8, 15:26      Re: Witchfire Announced Nullity
  10. Dec 8, 15:47     Re: Witchfire Announced Osc8r
  5. Dec 8, 14:10  Re: Witchfire Announced CJ_Parker