Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Fortnite 50v50 Playlist Launches

The Fortnite website announces a 50v50 mode is available for a limited time in the survival game's battle royale mode. They offer this trailer showing this off, and provide the following details on how this works:

The 50v50 playlist is available from Dec. 8 to through Dec. 17, so make sure to grab your friends and jump into the battle for a limited time.

How does it work?
Just load up Battle Royale and select the 50v50 playlist. You can jump into the mode solo or with up to three friends. Once the Battle Bus gets flying, you’ll see your squad on the map and communicate like a normal squad/duo match. You’ll also see green markers on the map and above the heads of the remaining 50-player team. The circle closes in. Last team standing wins.

Are there any special rules?

• Friendly Fire Off (But you will still see hit indicators.)
  • Limited visibility of non-squad teammates.
  • Squad VoIP only.
  • You can revive ANY friendly teammates.
  • You won’t see non-squad teammates until you land.

In the future we’ll be running additional event playlists and limited-time modes to spice up that Battle Royale action in unique and different ways!

View
17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

17. Re: Fortnite 50v50 Playlist Launches Dec 9, 2017, 15:31 Osc8r

Muscular Beaver wrote on Dec 9, 2017, 04:29:
Osc8r wrote on Dec 9, 2017, 03:33:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Dec 9, 2017, 00:58:
Osc8r wrote on Dec 8, 2017, 15:32:
Uhhh...

Console players don't team up against PC players - if they did, console players would get absolutely wrecked even with their aim assist. There's already enough complaints about kb+ms users on console being unfair.

Cheaters were a massive problem about 2 months ago, hardly ever see one now with their introduction of Battle Eye and suing attempts.

Not sure why you guys feel the controls are sluggish on a PC, they feel perfectly fine to me. Only thing I hate is the random bloom when firing certain weapons - but they are working on that as well.

50 v 50 is a nice change of pace but they need separate buses and team colours for a start.

All in all i'm having a lot of fun. Just hope they continue with their frequent updates and introduce a new map soon.
Watch H2O Delirious play it with a console controller and get 20 kills a round, even though hes not a try hard player. I want to see you against him or better players that also use a controller. This whole game is made for console controllers, all the delays, sluggishness and inconsistencies play into the hands of console players and close the gap between m/kb and controller and beyond. You can even detect people hiding due to the aim assist.

If I was a console gamer, I would love this game. But as a PC gamer it just makes me nervous and insecure, because its so inconsistent.

Watch ninja play on a PC and get 30 kills solo in squads, then tell me which one looks like they are playing in slow motion against a bunch of 8 year olds who's only other game to their name is minecraft.

Building quickly is key to winning in this game, and controllers simply can't compete.

I don't find anything clunky about the controls or experience any delay. The only real issue is bloom / rng - which is what makes fights so inconsistent with certain weapons.

That said it's not an e-sport game by any stretch, it's more of a casual take on the BR genre and I think they're doing a pretty good job so far.

-edit- after playing 50 v 50 some more I can't say I'm a big fan. Not enough loot, endless rezzing, and it's pretty much who has the bigger deathball wins.
Ninja is full try hard. And he doesnt do so many kills as you describe consistently. And I dont know how, but Ive never seen such bad players in a game he is facing all the time. Your point is null.
You obviously dont even know the videos I am talking about. People with controller can build very quickly. Ever heard of the XBox elite controller?

Aim assist doesn't work with all weapons (eg snipers) and it doesn't remove bloom - so console users are still at a huge disadvantage even with their artificial assistance.

Like I said, watch a decent PC player then watch a decent console player. It's nite and day.

Point still stands.

And what was your point again? Oh right...

"I think the whole game is made to troll PC players. They even have to play against autoaim console/controller players."

Which is 100% factually incorrect.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: Fortnite 50v50 Playlist Launches Dec 9, 2017, 04:29 Muscular Beaver

Osc8r wrote on Dec 9, 2017, 03:33:
Uhhh...

Console players don't team up against PC players - if they did, console players would get absolutely wrecked even with their aim assist. There's already enough complaints about kb+ms users on console being unfair.

Cheaters were a massive problem about 2 months ago, hardly ever see one now with their introduction of Battle Eye and suing attempts.

Not sure why you guys feel the controls are sluggish on a PC, they feel perfectly fine to me. Only thing I hate is the random bloom when firing certain weapons - but they are working on that as well.

50 v 50 is a nice change of pace but they need separate buses and team colours for a start.

All in all i'm having a lot of fun. Just hope they continue with their frequent updates and introduce a new map soon.
Watch H2O Delirious play it with a console controller and get 20 kills a round, even though hes not a try hard player. I want to see you against him or better players that also use a controller. This whole game is made for console controllers, all the delays, sluggishness and inconsistencies play into the hands of console players and close the gap between m/kb and controller and beyond. You can even detect people hiding due to the aim assist.

If I was a console gamer, I would love this game. But as a PC gamer it just makes me nervous and insecure, because its so inconsistent.

Watch ninja play on a PC and get 30 kills solo in squads, then tell me which one looks like they are playing in slow motion against a bunch of 8 year olds who's only other game to their name is minecraft.

Building quickly is key to winning in this game, and controllers simply can't compete.

I don't find anything clunky about the controls or experience any delay. The only real issue is bloom / rng - which is what makes fights so inconsistent with certain weapons.

That said it's not an e-sport game by any stretch, it's more of a casual take on the BR genre and I think they're doing a pretty good job so far.

-edit- after playing 50 v 50 some more I can't say I'm a big fan. Not enough loot, endless rezzing, and it's pretty much who has the bigger deathball wins.
Ninja is full try hard. And he doesnt do so many kills as you describe consistently. And I dont know how, but Ive never seen such bad players in a game he is facing all the time. Your point is null.
You obviously dont even know the videos I am talking about. People with controller can build very quickly. Ever heard of the XBox elite controller?

I also call BS on you saying you dont have delays on simple (UI) actions, like drinking a jelly when you just picked it up or similar.
Everyone has those.

This comment was edited on Dec 9, 2017, 04:44.

Waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.

15. Re: Fortnite 50v50 Playlist Launches Dec 9, 2017, 03:33 Osc8r

Uhhh...

This comment was edited on Dec 9, 2017, 04:13.

14. Re: Fortnite 50v50 Playlist Launches Dec 9, 2017, 00:58 Muscular Beaver

Uhhh...

13. Re: Fortnite 50v50 Playlist Launches Dec 8, 2017, 22:45 Creston

Muscular Beaver wrote on Dec 8, 2017, 12:41:
I think the whole game is made to troll PC players. They even have to play against autoaim console/controller players.
I mean the game is really nice, but the controls are just so unbelievably sluggish, inaccurate, delayed... just weird. It just feels like a full blown console game without any effort put into the PC version.

An Epic game that's an afterthought on the PC? Why I never!

(ie, yeah, that's pretty much what you should expect from Epic.)

12. Re: Fortnite 50v50 Playlist Launches Dec 8, 2017, 15:32 Osc8r

Uhhh...

11. Re: Fortnite 50v50 Playlist Launches Dec 8, 2017, 15:03 Beamer

Cutter wrote on Dec 8, 2017, 14:54:
I don't think millenials view cheating as cheating anymore, just winning and losing regardless of how its done. I think they see it as you wouldn't be able to do it if it wasn't really permitted. Look at the rampant cheating in high schools and universities now. God help anyone that has to use a bridge some cheating engineer used or medical help from a doctor who cheated their way through med school.

This is getoffmylawnism. You're not IN these schools, and never were, so you have no idea.

Also, to pretend that cheating wasn't common when we were that age is also a fallacy. It's more prevalent now because it's easier now. For $2.99 a month or whatever you can be a cheater, doing absolutely no work. In the old days, you needed to find the cheats or make them, then hope they worked in the next patch, etc.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

10. Re: Fortnite 50v50 Playlist Launches Dec 8, 2017, 14:54 Cutter

I don't think millenials view cheating as cheating anymore, just winning and losing regardless of how its done. I think they see it as you wouldn't be able to do it if it wasn't really permitted. Look at the rampant cheating in high schools and universities now. God help anyone that has to use a bridge some cheating engineer used or medical help from a doctor who cheated their way through med school.

"They call me a chauvinist pig. I am . . . and I don't give a damn!" - Steve McQueen

9. Re: Fortnite 50v50 Playlist Launches Dec 8, 2017, 13:59 Beamer

SpectralMeat wrote on Dec 8, 2017, 13:38:
Ozmodan wrote on Dec 8, 2017, 13:22:
I just do not understand why so many feel cheating is ok.
Oh they're well aware cheating is not ok but they don't really give a crap
Every online MP game has cheaters in them

According to that kid Epic is suing, cheating doesn't hurt anyone if you aren't trying to win.

He's a doof, his mom is even more of a doof, and it's fun watching them constantly mess up.

-------------

8. Re: Fortnite 50v50 Playlist Launches Dec 8, 2017, 13:38 SpectralMeat

Ozmodan wrote on Dec 8, 2017, 13:22:
I just do not understand why so many feel cheating is ok.
Oh they're well aware cheating is not ok but they don't really give a crap
Every online MP game has cheaters in them

Steam: SpectralMeat

7. Re: Fortnite 50v50 Playlist Launches Dec 8, 2017, 13:22 Ozmodan

I really enjoyed this game initially. Just a lot of fun. Unfortunately it is rather dead now except for the battle royal segment and that is full of aimbots.

I just do not understand why so many feel cheating is ok. Adding more players just means more aimbots and no thank you. The game is now dead to me.

6. Re: Fortnite 50v50 Playlist Launches Dec 8, 2017, 12:56 HoSpanky

Muscular Beaver wrote on Dec 8, 2017, 12:41:
I think the whole game is made to troll PC players. They even have to play against autoaim console/controller players.
I mean the game is really nice, but the controls are just so unbelievably sluggish, inaccurate, delayed... just weird. It just feels like a full blown console game without any effort put into the PC version.

It doesn't feel like that to me, the menu system in particular seems console UN-friendly. I don't notice any delay or sluggishness....inaccuracy is just down to weapon type/rolls. Keep in mind, I DO NOT play Battle Royale, only Save The World, which are completely different animals. STW is drastically visually superior, to the point that it feels like the sequel to BR. It's mostly due to lighting/fog effects that aren't present in BR...character/weapon/landscape models appear to be the same.

5. Re: Fortnite 50v50 Playlist Launches Dec 8, 2017, 12:41 Muscular Beaver

HoSpanky wrote on Dec 8, 2017, 11:20:
Due to popular demand, the hitching and second-long lags in PVE have been reintroduced. That super great feeling of missing headshots due to the game becoming unresponsive for quarter-second sections of time is back! Epic felt that their customers were making too many accurate shots or wall placements after "the smoothness" patch, and has brought back this unpredictable "feature". They've also added random disconnects from matches, and CTDs that haven't been around for a long time. Also, placing a trap may also place a random wall segment, often right in the path you intended to leave open!

Also, to address the annoying leeches who join matches and do nothing the entire time (but still get rewards at the end), Epic has introduced a feature called "you can't see your teammates on the map anymore". This will keep you from noticing who doesn't move for an entire match, lowering your personal frustration. Also, required objectives will occasionally not show up on the map anymore, making time-constrained matches even MORE exhilarating!

So many new fun additions!

4. Re: Fortnite 50v50 Playlist Launches Dec 8, 2017, 12:39 SpectralMeat

Creston wrote on Dec 8, 2017, 12:37:
Also, to address the annoying leeches who join matches and do nothing the entire time (but still get rewards at the end), Epic has introduced a feature called "you can't see your teammates on the map anymore". This will keep you from noticing who doesn't move for an entire match, lowering your personal frustration.

Hehe, that's actually pretty clever.

My bosses at work have the exact same mindset about problems. Don't fix the problem, but let's mask the symptoms so we can HIDE the problem. It's much easier.
Out of sight out of mind

Steam: SpectralMeat

3. Re: Fortnite 50v50 Playlist Launches Dec 8, 2017, 12:37 Creston

Also, to address the annoying leeches who join matches and do nothing the entire time (but still get rewards at the end), Epic has introduced a feature called "you can't see your teammates on the map anymore". This will keep you from noticing who doesn't move for an entire match, lowering your personal frustration.

Hehe, that's actually pretty clever.

My bosses at work have the exact same mindset about problems. Don't fix the problem, but let's mask the symptoms so we can HIDE the problem. It's much easier.

2. Re: Fortnite 50v50 Playlist Launches Dec 8, 2017, 11:22 Beamer

This sounds kind of fun.  
-------------

1. Re: Fortnite 50v50 Playlist Launches Dec 8, 2017, 11:20 HoSpanky

Due to popular demand, the hitching and second-long lags in PVE have been reintroduced. That super great feeling of missing headshots due to the game becoming unresponsive for quarter-second sections of time is back! Epic felt that their customers were making too many accurate shots or wall placements after "the smoothness" patch, and has brought back this unpredictable "feature". They've also added random disconnects from matches, and CTDs that haven't been around for a long time. Also, placing a trap may also place a random wall segment, often right in the path you intended to leave open!

Also, to address the annoying leeches who join matches and do nothing the entire time (but still get rewards at the end), Epic has introduced a feature called "you can't see your teammates on the map anymore". This will keep you from noticing who doesn't move for an entire match, lowering your personal frustration. Also, required objectives will occasionally not show up on the map anymore, making time-constrained matches even MORE exhilarating!

So many new fun additions!

17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo