Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Dang, I forgot to make picks for Thursday Night Football in our friendly NFL pool. I'm not usually happy about being wrong, but in this case get to avoid too much frustration with this, as I know I would have picked the Saints both straight up and to beat the minute spread. So yay for picking the loser?

Losing Links: Thanks Ant.
Play: Short Life.
Story: Darren Berg, 'Seattle's mini Madoff,' escapes prison after bilking investors out of $100M.
Science: Earth’s Hum: Scientists Record the Very Sound of Earth—But Don't Know Why It Happens.
Media: How Star Wars was saved in the edit.
Guy Pulls Over Next To Huge Wildfire, Saves Wild Rabbit. Thanks ViperFour.
ISS (International Space Station) Lunar Transit. Attn: FlatMooners.

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 10, 2017, 10:04 Mr. Tact

WarPig wrote on Dec 9, 2017, 00:59:
Don't worry, I'm way over-due for another five win week.
Speaking of that, this could be a tough week. I was just looking over my picks and I see several games which could easily go either way. One website I looked at has eight of the games as having a point spread under three.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 10, 2017, 03:41 Numinar

Cutter wrote on Dec 8, 2017, 15:03:
Berg was sentenced in 2012 to nearly two decades behind bars for bamboozling his clients – many of whom were senior citizens – out of their life savings to fund a Ponzi scheme Berg was using to support his high-flying life.

So why was this motherfucker in a minimum-security work camp? How is that any less worse than some punk who robs a store with a gun for $50? If anything it's a million times worse because not only the crime itself but he's destroyed peoples lives. He's destroyed their ability to trust anymore. That's far more violent than an armed robbery. Pigs like that should be in a Supermax until the day the die. Let them live out their remaining days in hell on earth.

Because their economic and justice system is a holdover from the days when people actively wanted to keep blacks incarcerated and working for free after they lost a civil ware over the issue. White collar crime is just a bit of wayward ambition!

11. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 9, 2017, 00:59 WarPig

Oh, and WarPig... back off and give me some space would ya'?

Don't worry, I'm way over-due for another five win week.

GO SEAHAWKS!

10. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 9, 2017, 00:19 jdreyer

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 8, 2017, 20:15:
It snowed and that means global warming is fake.

True. True.

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 8, 2017, 23:08 Zoom

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 8, 2017, 19:41:
Trump’s Slurred Speech Tied to Low Battery in Putin’s Remote
That was hilarious.

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 8, 2017, 20:15:
That was sad

Also that ISS Lunar Transit comments make me lose faith in humanity. Are there so many complete retards ? Flat moon, really ? WTF ?

8. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 8, 2017, 20:15 RedEye9

Democracy Is Not a Spectator Sport
If You’re Not Scared About Fascism in the U.S., You Should Be
Vote like your rights depend on it

7. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 8, 2017, 19:41 RedEye9

Trump’s Slurred Speech Tied to Low Battery in Putin’s Remote

Democracy Is Not a Spectator Sport
If You’re Not Scared About Fascism in the U.S., You Should Be
Vote like your rights depend on it

6. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 8, 2017, 16:42 Hoop

Interesting seeing the rough cuts of Star Wars, brings home just how much the amazing sound effects & scoring were in it's success.
Yes the editing & breakthrough visual effects were huge contributors, but seeing takes without finished sound demonstrates just how much of an aural experience it was.

Um .. Behind you...

5. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 8, 2017, 15:03 Cutter

Berg was sentenced in 2012 to nearly two decades behind bars for bamboozling his clients – many of whom were senior citizens – out of their life savings to fund a Ponzi scheme Berg was using to support his high-flying life.

So why was this motherfucker in a minimum-security work camp? How is that any less worse than some punk who robs a store with a gun for $50? If anything it's a million times worse because not only the crime itself but he's destroyed peoples lives. He's destroyed their ability to trust anymore. That's far more violent than an armed robbery. Pigs like that should be in a Supermax until the day the die. Let them live out their remaining days in hell on earth.

"He who is not angry when there is just cause for anger is immoral. Why? Because anger looks to the good of justice. And if you can live amid injustice without anger, you are immoral as well as unjust" - Thomas Aquinas

4. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 8, 2017, 12:32 Killer Kane

"WE'RE GONNA HAVE WOAST WABBIT, WE'RE GONNA HAVE WOAST WABBIT!"  

3. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 8, 2017, 11:49 Mr. Tact

Blue wrote on Dec 8, 2017, 10:51:
Dang, I forgot to make picks for Thursday Night Football in our friendly NFL pool. I'm not usually happy about being wrong, but in this case get to avoid too much frustration with this, as I know I would have picked the Saints both straight up and to beat the minute spread. So yay for picking the loser?
I actually watched most of the game, unusual for TNF since often the games are teams not worth watching. I was one of nine people who actually picked Atlanta and I thought for sure Brees would screw me at the end of the game there. But he threw an Int. instead of a TD. Whew! Oh, and WarPig... back off and give me some space would ya'? Wink

This comment was edited on Dec 8, 2017, 12:21.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 8, 2017, 11:27 Beamer

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Dec 8, 2017, 11:01:
I wonder how much luck went into that rabbit going to that guy or if it's indeed understanding of a dire situation of aid to risk a predator for help.

People seem to be saying that messing with the rabbit was a bad idea, that it likely had a burrow full of baby rabbits to wait out the flames.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

1. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 8, 2017, 11:01 Tipsy McStagger

I wonder how much luck went into that rabbit going to that guy or if it's indeed understanding of a dire situation of aid to risk a predator for help.  

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo