Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Get Homefront for Free

Humble Store is offering Homefront for free to anyone who picks up the insurgent shooter from them over the next two days. Here's a refresher:

The year is 2027. The world as we know it is unraveling after fifteen years of economic meltdown and widespread global conflict over dwindling natural resources.

A once proud America has fallen, her infrastructure shattered and military in disarray. Crippled by a devastating EMP strike, the USA is powerless to resist the ever expanding occupation of a savage, nuclear armed Greater Korean Republic.

Abandoned by her former allies, the United States is a bleak landscape of walled towns and abandoned suburbs. This is a police state where high school stadiums have become detention centers, and shopping malls shelter armored attack vehicles. A once-free people are now prisoners… or collaborators… or revolutionaries.

Join the Resistance, stand united and fight for freedom against an overwhelming military force in Homefront’s gripping single player campaign penned by John Milius (Apocalypse Now, Red Dawn). Stand alongside a cast of memorable characters as an emotional plot unfolds in this terrifyingly plausible near-future world. Experience visceral, cinematic first-person shooter action as you fight your way across Occupied USA using guerrilla tactics, and commandeer military vehicles and advanced drone technology to defeat the enemy.

Multiplayer brings epic warfare to the online arena as infantry, tanks, attack helicopters and combat drones battle across huge, open battlefields. A rich feature set offering layers of tactical depth combined with a game-changing innovation in the multiplayer space will set a new benchmark in online warfare.

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: Get Homefront for Free Dec 8, 2017, 12:16 Agent.X7

The campaign was very short, but OK. The multiplayer was great at the time. Very battlefield like.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Get Homefront for Free Dec 8, 2017, 11:02 Acleacius

Strange, there's several Steam reviews of people who got this for free and still feel scammed. Never heard of it but think I'll pass.  
“It’s a sad day for America when people believe women,” The Drumpf

10. Re: Re: Get Homefront for Free Dec 8, 2017, 10:53 Turd Ferguson

Rigs wrote on Dec 8, 2017, 05:27:
jdreyer wrote on Dec 8, 2017, 01:49:
Is this the game where China was supposed to be the invader, but they switched it to DPRK so they could sell it in China?

In Homefront 3, the USA will be invaded and captured by the citizens of Grenada, in revenge for the USA invasion in the 1980s.

Anyway, as folks point out, free is free even though I'll probably never get to it.

You know, I kinda dig the alternate stuff. It takes some creativity (not much, but more than the normal). If it was Grenada or Panama or Nicaragua instead, even better. Like, they're games, the crazier, the better. You have this infinite medium to explore, let your mind run wild. Sure, there's room for the simulations but I think a WW2 shooter where reptile aliens joined Hitler and the 3rd Reich to take over parts of the US (like that two-parter at the end of the Xindi-arc on Enterprise) would be really awesome! Kinda a mashup of Wolfenstein and COD and Warhammer...Britain builds that iceberg carrier (in exile in Greenland) and Japan builds a triple-decker carrier, Germany gets the bomb, Stalin takes the Communist leadership and blasts off to Mars after being overrun. Then 40 years later, they come back and invade and he's been augmented with cybernetic implants to keep him alive ...go crazy!

=-Rigs-=

Commies on Mars....Ha! The true meaning of Red Planet

9. Re: Get Homefront for Free Dec 8, 2017, 05:27 Rigs

jdreyer wrote on Dec 8, 2017, 01:49:
Is this the game where China was supposed to be the invader, but they switched it to DPRK so they could sell it in China?

In Homefront 3, the USA will be invaded and captured by the citizens of Grenada, in revenge for the USA invasion in the 1980s.

Anyway, as folks point out, free is free even though I'll probably never get to it.

You know, I kinda dig the alternate stuff. It takes some creativity (not much, but more than the normal). If it was Grenada or Panama or Nicaragua instead, even better. Like, they're games, the crazier, the better. You have this infinite medium to explore, let your mind run wild. Sure, there's room for the simulations but I think a WW2 shooter where reptile aliens joined Hitler and the 3rd Reich to take over parts of the US (like that two-parter at the end of the Xindi-arc on Enterprise) would be really awesome! Kinda a mashup of Wolfenstein and COD and Warhammer...Britain builds that iceberg carrier (in exile in Greenland) and Japan builds a triple-decker carrier, Germany gets the bomb, Stalin takes the Communist leadership and blasts off to Mars after being overrun. Then 40 years later, they come back and invade and he's been augmented with cybernetic implants to keep him alive ...go crazy!

=-Rigs-=

8. Re: Get Homefront for Free Dec 8, 2017, 01:49 jdreyer

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.

7. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Dec 8, 2017, 01:39 Kajetan

SirKnight wrote on Dec 8, 2017, 00:16:
Free is good.
Much better is the freedom to say: "Thank you, but no, thank's!"

Homefront ... *shudder*

6. Re: Get Homefront for Free Dec 8, 2017, 00:16 SirKnight

Free is good.

Snagged and bagged.

5. Re: Get Homefront for Free Dec 7, 2017, 23:09 Nucas

i liked this enough to play it twice but that was as much due to being one of the shortest shooters i've ever played; i think i beat it in about 4 to 5 hours, right up there (down there) with medal of honor 2010.

it is just kind of aping early call of duty but that's not so bad in my book.

it was from the frontlines: fuel of war guys. polygon ran a fascinating and thorough post mortem on it and it's development a few years ago.

4. Re: Get Homefront for Free Dec 7, 2017, 22:56 Jerykk

GinRummy wrote on Dec 7, 2017, 21:36:
FYI: This is the first game in the series, from 2011, not the 2016 Homefront: Revolution which was pretty good. I just grabbed it, so I have no idea if it is better or worse than the sequel.

I liked the sequel a lot more. The first game is basically just a lower-budget version of CoD. The multiplayer was apparently good but I don't think anyone plays it anymore.

3. Re: Get Homefront for Free Dec 7, 2017, 22:53 Cutter

Don't know if I'll ever play it but free is free.

"I like oak myself, that's what's in my bedroom. How 'bout you Jimmie? You an oak man?"

2. Re: Get Homefront for Free Dec 7, 2017, 21:36 GinRummy

FYI: This is the first game in the series, from 2011, not the 2016 Homefront: Revolution which was pretty good. I just grabbed it, so I have no idea if it is better or worse than the sequel.  

1. Re: Get Homefront for Free Dec 7, 2017, 20:50 RedEye9

Sweet, snagged.

Nullity's Law
There's an easy and fool-proof way to tell if anything related conservative/right-wing/Republican politics is true or not. If anyone calls it "fake news", you can be sure it's the solid truth.
https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo