Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

X-Series and The Division Free Weekends

Valve announces two different free-to-play game promotions running this weekend. Everyone with a Steam account can play any game in the X Franchise until Sunday afternoon, and the entire space game series is currently on sale for up to 80% off. They also announce the promised free weekend for Tom Clancy's The Division is free for the same period, and that game is also on sale for 70% off.

View
2 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

2. Re: X-Series and The Division Free Weekends Dec 8, 2017, 14:07 yuastnav

Creston wrote on Dec 8, 2017, 10:25:
I can heartily recommend X3: Terran Conflict or X3: Albion Prelude to anyone. Unfortunately, a two day free-play will let you get basically nowhere, really.

Ah, Terran Conflict. That feeling of awesomeness when I finally had my big ass Terran destroyer fully outfitted, and I just went and utterly annihilated entire Xenon sectors with it. It was glorious. I didn't play AP much, for some reason. Probably because I had put 1000+ hours into X2, X3 and X3:TC in the few years before and was a bit burned out.

But now I kinda miss the X series. I saw one of my Steam buddies play X Rebirth yesterday, and briefly entertained the thought of giving it another try, but then I realized I have like 15000 better games to play instead.

I still have a slight hope that X4 will return to be being awesome. Please be awesome.

Yeah, I hope so, too. But I think it will be awesome.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

1. Re: X-Series and The Division Free Weekends Dec 8, 2017, 10:25 Creston

I can heartily recommend X3: Terran Conflict or X3: Albion Prelude to anyone. Unfortunately, a two day free-play will let you get basically nowhere, really.

Ah, Terran Conflict. That feeling of awesomeness when I finally had my big ass Terran destroyer fully outfitted, and I just went and utterly annihilated entire Xenon sectors with it. It was glorious. I didn't play AP much, for some reason. Probably because I had put 1000+ hours into X2, X3 and X3:TC in the few years before and was a bit burned out.

But now I kinda miss the X series. I saw one of my Steam buddies play X Rebirth yesterday, and briefly entertained the thought of giving it another try, but then I realized I have like 15000 better games to play instead.

I still have a slight hope that X4 will return to be being awesome. Please be awesome.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo