Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Dying Light: Bad Blood Battle Royale Expansion

Polish developer Techland announces Bad Blood, a new expansion coming to Dying Light which gets in on the Battle Royale bandwagon with online matches that combine PvP and PvE gameplay (musical interlude). They invite players to participate in a global playtest on Steam, so those interested should sign up here. Here are the relevant details:

As a response to numerous fan requests for a Player-vs-Player approach to Dying Light, and the recent popularity of the battle royale genre among the survival horror fans, today Techland unveiled its new standalone expansion - Dying Light: Bad Blood. While retaining the core of what made people fall in love with Dying Light in the first place, Bad Blood will offer violent and dynamic online matches that blend PvP and PvE styles of gameplay.

“Our aim is both to satisfy players’ demands for competitive PvP gameplay and to explore new directions for Dying Light’s multiplayer experience,” said Tymon Smektala, Producer at Techland. “Since Bad Blood was inspired by fan requests, we want player feedback to be an integral part of our development. That's why we’re inviting Dying Light fans to take part in our Global Playtest. They can play the expansion early and share their thoughts, knowing their feedback will have a major influence on Bad Blood's development.”

Global Playtest is a closed online event that allows selected players to try out Dying Light: Bad Blood before its release. PC players can register for the playtest now.

View
17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

17. Re: Dying Light: Bad Blood Battle Royale Expansion Dec 7, 2017, 23:07 Jerykk

Ozmodan wrote on Dec 7, 2017, 11:15:
Enough with the stupid battle royal nonsense, you can't shoehorn it very easily into an existing game and it usually turns into an disliked part of the game. Just a waste of developer resources.

What you just said is pretty much the exact opposite of what has actually happened. H1Z1 gained significant popularity when it added a Battle Royale mode (which is now the primary mode of the game). Same with Fortnite.

Making a Battle Royale mode for Dying Light seems like it would be pretty straightforward. The game already had co-op. Just turn on friendly fire and add some sort of time pressure factor. Bam, Dying Light Battle Royale. I could totally see this being successful.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: Dying Light: Bad Blood Battle Royale Expansion Dec 7, 2017, 19:03 Mordecai Walfish

Acleacius wrote on Dec 7, 2017, 14:21:
Lmao, how could this possibly be PvE? They are spinning some utter bullshit there.

Zombies, how else?

"No, let me clarify - if you don't watch it, I'll be wearing your ass for a shoe."

15. Re: Dying Light: Bad Blood Battle Royale Expansion Dec 7, 2017, 18:39 Acleacius

It's freaking 'warner bros' doing this milking. Flamethrower

In case you guys don't remember, all these addons are the reason Techland had to stop working on their Fantasy Coop game Hellraid (It's a google link, case anyone wanted to see pics).

Stop. Lose all scripted responses. Improvisation only.

14. Re: Dying Light: Bad Blood Battle Royale Expansion Dec 7, 2017, 16:50 Cutter

Enough with the stupid battle royal nonsense, you can't shoehorn it very easily into an existing game and it usually turns into an disliked part of the game. Just a waste of developer resources.

Well said. They would have been way smarter to just do a new expansion. I can see this going over like a lead balloon.

You've got to be cruel to be kind...in the right measure.

13. Re: Dying Light: Bad Blood Battle Royale Expansion Dec 7, 2017, 16:04 Wallshadows

This definitely cost us a raid tier.  

12. Re: Dying Light: Bad Blood Battle Royale Expansion Dec 7, 2017, 15:16 aka_STEVE

I loved this game,..... but ,...no... this sounds so dumb.

PUBG is terrible also ,..so this just might work out great for them. Obviously my tastes don't align w/ that crowd.

11. Re: Dying Light: Bad Blood Battle Royale Expansion Dec 7, 2017, 14:21 Acleacius

Lmao, how could this possibly be PvE? They are spinning some utter bullshit there.  
Stop. Lose all scripted responses. Improvisation only.

10. Re: Dying Light: Bad Blood Battle Royale Expansion Dec 7, 2017, 13:36 Darks

Creston wrote on Dec 7, 2017, 11:50:

It seems an odd decision, but hey, let's all jump on the PUBG bandwagon! PUBG IS THE NEW MOBA!

Trust me that ship has long since sailed, these developers trying to now jump on that bandwagon missed that opportunity long ago.

It was the same with many of those devs who tried making MOBA to compete with LOL. they all failed miserably.

Sins of a Dark Empire anyone?

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

9. Re: Dying Light: Bad Blood Battle Royale Expansion Dec 7, 2017, 13:31 Darks

totally agree, I cant believe they are doing this. such a waste of time. They could be expanding the game with real and good content instead of this wannabe bullshit.

Or how about lets get working on Dying Light 2? Boy, wouldn't that be something!!

Edit: I see after reading most of the post here that we all agree, Dying Light 2 is the preferred game we want them working on.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

8. Re: Dying Light: Bad Blood Battle Royale Expansion Dec 7, 2017, 13:24 Creston

Phasenoise wrote on Dec 7, 2017, 12:32:
It's a "standalone expansion", which I would take to mean they are reworking a lot of stuff for PvP in a way which is completely separate from the main game.
I'd also assume that would mean there is no shared character.

Ah, you're right, I missed the stand-alone part.

7. Re: Dying Light: Bad Blood Battle Royale Expansion Dec 7, 2017, 12:32 Phasenoise

It's a "standalone expansion", which I would take to mean they are reworking a lot of stuff for PvP in a way which is completely separate from the main game.
I'd also assume that would mean there is no shared character.

6. Re: Dying Light: Bad Blood Battle Royale Expansion Dec 7, 2017, 12:29 Nullity

Please no. Get back to Hellraid! (or Dying Light 2 would be good as well)  

5. Re: Dying Light: Bad Blood Battle Royale Expansion Dec 7, 2017, 12:11 El Pit

I'd rather have new single-player areas to discover. Or even better: Dying Light 2!  
They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!

4. Re: Dying Light: Bad Blood Battle Royale Expansion Dec 7, 2017, 11:50 Creston

I LOVE Dying Light, but this just makes me go "Errr, what?"

First off, anyone who is Legend lvl 250 will make mincemeat out of you if you're substantially lower than that, so everyone get ready to grind Stuffed Turtle for ~ 90 hours to get to 250.

And the entire skill set / weapon set is not really designed for PvP. Everyone at that level will have a 32K damage shotgun which one-hit-kills everything, and melee would just be frantically click until you hopefully last longer than your opponent who is also just frantically button mashing.

It seems an odd decision, but hey, let's all jump on the PUBG bandwagon! PUBG IS THE NEW MOBA!

3. Re: Dying Light: Bad Blood Battle Royale Expansion Dec 7, 2017, 11:41 Verno

I don't think it's a good fit for this game at all but uhh ok.  
Playing: Super Mario Odyssey, Wolfenstein II, SNES Classic
Watching: An Inconvenient Sequel, The Orville, Star Trek Voyager

2. Re: Dying Light: Bad Blood Battle Royale Expansion Dec 7, 2017, 11:15 Ozmodan

1. Re: Dying Light: Bad Blood Battle Royale Expansion Dec 7, 2017, 11:07 jdreyer

And so the clone war begins...  

Stay a while, and listen.

17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo