now offers Getting Over It with Bennett Foddy
, described as "a
punishing climbing game" and an "homage to Jazzuo's 2002 B-Game classic 'Sexy
'." The Windows and macOS game is quite simple for something said to
be so challenging, but that's not too surprising since Bennet Foddy also
made the basic act of running a near-impossible task. Here's
Getting Over It with Bennett Foddy is a punishing climbing
game, a homage to Jazzuo's 2002 B-Game classic 'Sexy Hiking'. You move the
hammer with the mouse, and that's all there is. With practice, you'll be able to
jump, swing, climb and fly. Great mysteries and a wonderful reward await the
master hikers who reach the top of the mountain.
To quote Jazzuo himself: "The hiking action is very similar to way you would do
it in real life, remember that and you will do well".
- Climb up an enormous mountain with nothing but a
hammer and a pot.
- Listen as I make philosophical observations about
the problem at hand.
- Between 2 and ∞ hours of agonizing gameplay,
depending. The median time to finish for my playtesters was 5 hours, but the
mean was closer to ∞.
- Lose all your progress, over and over.
- Feel new types of frustration you didn't know you
were capable of.
- Magical reward awaits hikers who reach the top.