Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Consolidation

View
19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

19. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 9, 2017, 02:38 Sempai

Fuck Equifax.. And fuck this country for not going after them and nuking them into orbit. What a joke. Fuck the entire thing.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 7, 2017, 13:37 Creston

Flo wrote on Dec 7, 2017, 04:39:
Targeted phishing is nowhere near that major fuckup of Sony 2011. Same goes for the other links you provided.

It's just the scale of things that made the Sony thing so much more worse in everyone's eyes. The level of the hack was in no way more complex or anything, so it's just MS' luck that they didn't have anything that huge sitting there waiting to be taken.

I'm not defending Sony, their security was non-existent, and they got off WAY too easy (though they're probably looking at Equifax and going "What? They get NOTHING in fines??"), but Microsoft has had absolutely similar breaches.

17. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 7, 2017, 13:34 Creston

MajorD wrote on Dec 7, 2017, 00:31:

My bad Creston I read through post too fast, and misunderstood, and was fired up about something else at the time. Mea Culpa

Alrighty, no worries man.

16. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 7, 2017, 06:04 Redmask

Ozmodan wrote on Dec 6, 2017, 13:07:
Third, I have yet to see a PS4 exclusive worthy of my gaming money.

You're lying, Sony has numerous highly rated exclusives and you probably own a PS4. As opposed to Microsoft who just keeps making the same three franchises over and over, even their own fans are tired of them.

15. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 7, 2017, 04:39 Flo

MajorD wrote on Dec 7, 2017, 00:31:
Creston wrote on Dec 6, 2017, 23:40:
MajorD wrote on Dec 6, 2017, 17:41:
Creston wrote on Dec 6, 2017, 17:36:
Flo wrote on Dec 6, 2017, 16:20:
this, I will never forgive Sony for this. Say what you will but Microsoft knows its security and they never had a major incident like this.

Ahem

Cough

Hurgh

etc etc etc.

All other things you said, sure. It's a nice box.

Yeah, because Microsoft is the 'ONLY' company the suffers from these breach issues. Rolleyes

Where do I say that? Flo said Microsoft had never suffered from these issues, which is laughable, so I linked just the first three I found in a 5 second google search.

But that sure is a nice little straw man you're rolling your eyes at there.

My bad Creston I read through post too fast, and misunderstood, and was fired up about something else at the time. Mea Culpa

Targeted phishing is nowhere near that major fuckup of Sony 2011. Same goes for the other links you provided.

Supporter of the "Chewbacca Defense"

14. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 7, 2017, 00:31 MajorD

Creston wrote on Dec 6, 2017, 23:40:
this, I will never forgive Sony for this. Say what you will but Microsoft knows its security and they never had a major incident like this.

Ahem

Cough

Hurgh

etc etc etc.

Yeah, because Microsoft is the 'ONLY' company the suffers from these breach issues. Rolleyes

Where do I say that? Flo said Microsoft had never suffered from these issues, which is laughable, so I linked just the first three I found in a 5 second google search.

Still counting...

13. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 6, 2017, 23:40 Creston

Ahem

Cough

Hurgh

etc etc etc.

12. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 6, 2017, 19:00 jdreyer

Creston wrote on Dec 6, 2017, 10:53:
1) It's cheaper
2) It has better exclusive games.
3-6) ???
7) Profit!
VR?

Stay a while, and listen.

11. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 6, 2017, 18:59 jdreyer

Beamer wrote on Dec 6, 2017, 18:08:
Neither purchase is bad. One is cheaper. The other is much more powerful, but who cares unless you have a pretty great TV? One has better exclusives, the other seems to have given up. One has a far superior controller, but everyone thinks the one they prefer is that one.

I'd go Xbox, but have no plans for either. That cheap Steam Link has been treating me well, though I haven't grabbed a "real" game with it yet. Will Fallout 4 or Wolfenstein 2 be playable with it? I'm wagering nothing multiplayer will be. But Broforce has been so much fun.
BroForce is great couch co-op. My twitch skills suck tho so my son always has to wait for me.

Stay a while, and listen.

10. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 6, 2017, 18:08 Beamer

Neither purchase is bad. One is cheaper. The other is much more powerful, but who cares unless you have a pretty great TV? One has better exclusives, the other seems to have given up. One has a far superior controller, but everyone thinks the one they prefer is that one.

I'd go Xbox, but have no plans for either. That cheap Steam Link has been treating me well, though I haven't grabbed a "real" game with it yet. Will Fallout 4 or Wolfenstein 2 be playable with it? I'm wagering nothing multiplayer will be. But Broforce has been so much fun.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

9. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 6, 2017, 17:41 MajorD

Ahem

Cough

Hurgh

etc etc etc.

Still counting...

8. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 6, 2017, 17:36 Creston

Ahem

Cough

Hurgh

etc etc etc.

7. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 6, 2017, 17:03 Sempai

Ozmodan wrote on Dec 6, 2017, 13:07:
Verno wrote on Dec 6, 2017, 11:16:
Reason #1 - actually has games.
Reason #2 - dogshit OS and store on the Xbox
Reason #3 - You can now play the few remaining Microsoft exclusives on the PC.

I see the article agrees with me on two of these.

Nonsense, the Xbox X owns the PS4 pro. Number one, you don't have to deal with POS Sony!!! That alone makes it a top choice. Secondly, there is a big performance difference, easy to see on any of the demanding games, the Xbox X out performs the Sony in many games. Third, I have yet to see a PS4 exclusive worthy of my gaming money. Four, once games start taking advantage of the Xbox X graphics you will really notice the difference.

So if you really want to be a Sony bigot and miss out have at it.

Thus far It's actually not. The more DF comparison analysis videos i watch the less i'm impressed with Microsoft's box. As far as i can tell they both still run everything at 30fps(same dogshit jaguar cpu)while ps4 pro generally runs at 1440p, X1X=1800 or less. The sad part is X1X appears to be running most games with worse frametime/rates and less consistency overall. It's pretty disappointing actually.

One of many examples, sadly. Fps analysis around the 4:30 mark.
https://youtu.be/BuqKiQm8eIo?t=4m30s

6. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 6, 2017, 16:20 Flo

I bought an Xbox One X because I won't invest in another ecosystem for maybe one game (Horizon Zero Dawn) I'd like to play on PS.
And this, I will never forgive Sony for this. Say what you will but Microsoft knows its security and they never had a major incident like this.
Back to the X. Despite the stupid name I was actually really surprised that non patched games run so much better on it. I think that's one area where (from what I've read) the PS4 Pro just didn't do much.
Also: the build quality and cooling of the X is actually pretty nice. The fan kicks in only when running a 4K patched game like AC:Origins or Evil Within 2 and even then it's still quiet. The OS and its GUI is actually really fast and clean now (was a a fucking nightmware in the past, agreed).
So overall I don't regret it at all but a PS4 was never really an option anyway for me.

Supporter of the "Chewbacca Defense"

5. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 6, 2017, 14:11 Flatline

Let's be honest. You play on the system all your friends play on, unless you have money to burn to get both or you have a killer app you *have* to have that is exclusive to one system or another.  

4. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 6, 2017, 14:07 Cutter

Yet you only need one reason to buy a PC over a console, and that's it's better at everything and does a metric shit ton more.

You've got to be cruel to be kind...in the right measure.

3. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 6, 2017, 13:07 Ozmodan

Verno wrote on Dec 6, 2017, 11:16:

Nonsense, the Xbox X owns the PS4 pro. Number one, you don't have to deal with POS Sony!!! That alone makes it a top choice. Secondly, there is a big performance difference, easy to see on any of the demanding games, the Xbox X out performs the Sony in many games. Third, I have yet to see a PS4 exclusive worthy of my gaming money. Four, once games start taking advantage of the Xbox X graphics you will really notice the difference.

So if you really want to be a Sony bigot and miss out have at it.

2. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 6, 2017, 11:16 Verno

Playing: Super Mario Odyssey, Wolfenstein II, SNES Classic
Watching: An Inconvenient Sequel, The Orville, Star Trek Voyager

1. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 6, 2017, 10:53 Creston

1) It's cheaper
2) It has better exclusive games.
3-6) ???
7) Profit!

19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer