Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Destiny 2 Curse of Osiris Released

The Curse of Osiris expansion is now available for Destiny 2, adding new content to Bungie's first-person shooter sequel. This comes alongside a new patch, detailed here, which updates the game to version 1.10 with a bunch of changes and bug fixes. Here's the launch trailer from the add-on, and here's the brief description:

Destiny 2 Expansion I: Curse of Osiris continues your Guardian’s journey with all-new story missions and adventures set in a new destination, Mercury. Journey through time and space to learn the secrets of Osiris, avert a dark future, and rebuild the ties between the legendary Warlock and his greatest student – Ikora Rey.

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: Destiny 2 Curse of Osiris Released Dec 7, 2017, 08:28 SpectralMeat

Sacrifex wrote on Dec 6, 2017, 09:21:
I think I'll continue to play Warframe, where I've had so much awesome content thrown at me for nothing that I've now put in 250 hours and I still can't keep up with the constant flow of new things the game puts in my lap to use/do.
Thanks for this comment, I've checked out Warframe finally and I am enjoying the game so far.
Gunplay is definitely not nearly as fun as Destiny but the gameplay is fun regardless.

Steam: SpectralMeat
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Destiny 2 Curse of Osiris Released Dec 6, 2017, 15:14 aka_STEVE

I've had enough shooting fun so far to warrant later buying the expansion when it hits @ $20 or so

Pretty solid game.

12. Re: Destiny 2 Curse of Osiris Released Dec 6, 2017, 14:19 SpectralMeat

Flatline wrote on Dec 6, 2017, 14:16:
SpectralMeat wrote on Dec 6, 2017, 08:44:
I do like Destiny 2. I'll probably grab the season pass if it goes on sale during Christmas time.

It was on sale for Black Friday. It'll probably be on sale for Christmas.

I got the legendary edition or whatever that had the season pass in it for about 62 bucks. So far, I'm feeling like I"m getting my money's worth. Combat is lots of fun albeit a little repetitive. I miss the wacky gonzo combination of weapons from Borderlands. But otherwise, it's like a mashup of Halo and Borderlands.

Was the expansion pass on sale?
I know the game was, but I already have the game.

11. Re: Destiny 2 Curse of Osiris Released Dec 6, 2017, 14:16 Flatline

SpectralMeat wrote on Dec 6, 2017, 08:44:
I do like Destiny 2. I'll probably grab the season pass if it goes on sale during Christmas time.

It was on sale for Black Friday. It'll probably be on sale for Christmas.

I got the legendary edition or whatever that had the season pass in it for about 62 bucks. So far, I'm feeling like I"m getting my money's worth. Combat is lots of fun albeit a little repetitive. I miss the wacky gonzo combination of weapons from Borderlands. But otherwise, it's like a mashup of Halo and Borderlands.

10. Re: Destiny 2 Curse of Osiris Released Dec 6, 2017, 13:40 Flatline

Sacrifex wrote on Dec 6, 2017, 09:21:
I think I'll continue to play Warframe, where I've had so much awesome content thrown at me for nothing that I've now put in 250 hours and I still can't keep up with the constant flow of new things the game puts in my lap to use/do.

Looking back, I can't believe I almost paid $100-some bucks for what I've heard Destiny 2 brings to the table. No offense, but when someone can say in a thread that they're happy that they haven't run out of stuff in the *two hours* they've played of an expansion pack DLC, that's just criminal. Consumers deserve better than that.

I loved Warframe and actually dropped 30 bucks on it way back when it was in beta. Problem is none of my friends play it so I burned out.

Then they like massively overhauled the entire inventory/skill system at some point, reset your progress, and when I went back in like a year later I was a starting warframe that had end-game equipment. I kind of got lost and without friends to play with, I moved on.

But yeah, Warframe is pretty cool.

9. Re: Destiny 2 Curse of Osiris Released Dec 6, 2017, 13:38 Flatline

Asmodai wrote on Dec 6, 2017, 07:20:
Slick wrote on Dec 6, 2017, 06:09:
Oh and for those keeping track, D2 already has microtransactions for cosmetic items.

Cosmetic items are fine, PoE has been doing cosmetics for years (in sometimes very high cost packs).

The XP fiddling to drive people to the vendor and show little for grinding is far more egregious, you would have at least had a point about that... ; )

It feels like that got fixed. Of course, I level capped at 25 already on night one, but leveling feels *much* faster after you hit level cap. Loot drops seem to be higher rate too. In an hour I got more loot drops that I could use than in a full night of playing pre-patch.

8. Re: Destiny 2 Curse of Osiris Released Dec 6, 2017, 09:21 Sacrifex

Looking back, I can't believe I almost paid $100-some bucks for what I've heard Destiny 2 brings to the table. No offense, but when someone can say in a thread that they're happy that they haven't run out of stuff in the *two hours* they've played of an expansion pack DLC, that's just criminal. Consumers deserve better than that.

7. Re: Destiny 2 Curse of Osiris Released Dec 6, 2017, 08:44 SpectralMeat

6. Re: Destiny 2 Curse of Osiris Released Dec 6, 2017, 08:21 Darks

Undocumented Alien wrote on Dec 6, 2017, 06:40:
Oh and for those keeping track, D2 already has microtransactions for cosmetic items.

Having cosmetics for sale is no big deal IMHO, doesn't disrupt or give an advantage in-game.

Based on what I have been lightly reading, it sounds like SW:BF2 took it to extremes comparatively.

It doesn't and some of these guys are just being assholes about it. The Cosmetic items change from week to week, and you dont have to spend a single penny in this game to get any of them, as you level up which is pretty damn fast, you get the bright engrams and a chance to win some of those.

I've gotten so damn many of them that I actually breake many of them down for dust and use them to buy XP tokens that also give you better drop rates in game.

Some of you need to get a fricking life and know when to bitch about some of this stuff and when not to. EAs monetizing of Star Wars is where you all need to focus a lot of this hate, that game deserves that kind of attention.

The new add on for Destiny 2 is actually damn good. I've been enjoying it. Played over 2 hours of it and I'm still not done. So its been a pretty good story.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

5. Re: Destiny 2 Curse of Osiris Released Dec 6, 2017, 07:20 Asmodai

Cosmetic items are fine, PoE has been doing cosmetics for years (in sometimes very high cost packs).

The XP fiddling to drive people to the vendor and show little for grinding is far more egregious, you would have at least had a point about that... ; )

4. Re: Destiny 2 Curse of Osiris Released Dec 6, 2017, 06:40 Undocumented Alien

Having cosmetics for sale is no big deal IMHO, doesn't disrupt or give an advantage in-game.

Based on what I have been lightly reading, it sounds like SW:BF2 took it to extremes comparatively.

3. Re: Destiny 2 Curse of Osiris Released Dec 6, 2017, 06:09 Slick

(Regarding SW:Battlefront II) Frostshite is a horrible piece of shit engine that makes games look artificial as if you were playing on a movie set instead of the actual location. -CJ_Parker

2. Re: Destiny 2 Curse of Osiris Released Dec 6, 2017, 05:43 Slick

I got the "season pass" for D1

Only to find out it only included 2 shitty expansion packs, and left out the third "real" one that cost extra.

For D2 it seems like this first xpack is pretty garbage. Don't even know why they bother, it's just such a blatant effort to get EVERYONE on the season pass. If you really want to play D2, you pretty much have to pay $110. If not you literally get left behind with lower level caps, etc.

(Regarding SW:Battlefront II) Frostshite is a horrible piece of shit engine that makes games look artificial as if you were playing on a movie set instead of the actual location. -CJ_Parker

1. Re: Destiny 2 Curse of Osiris Released Dec 6, 2017, 04:36 Rigs

*crickets*

Destiny 2 on PC, everyone! Hope they got more ink for the money printer...

=-Rigs-=

"I remember feeling profoundly disappointed at the scene when Byeck's missus gives him a hidden blade and says, 'This is a weapon from ancient times!' BITCH, we're IN 'ancient times'!" - Yahtzee, 'Assassin's Creed: Origins'

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo