Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Gatherings & Competitions

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Dec 5, 2017, 18:57 Luke

jdreyer wrote on Dec 5, 2017, 16:17:
Cutter wrote on Dec 5, 2017, 14:41:
It's great these kids can make a good living with their hobby but stop calling them athletes. If anything they're going to be in real big physical trouble from the lack of physical fitness. It may be a competition but it's not a sport.

I remember reading a while back the workout routine for one of the top StarCraft players: a daily 4 mile run, and calesthenics 3x per week. Don't know if that's common, but pro gamers need a lot more physical accuity than say chess players.

Still not athletes......

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Dec 5, 2017, 18:14 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Dec 5, 2017, 16:17:
It's great these kids can make a good living with their hobby but stop calling them athletes. If anything they're going to be in real big physical trouble from the lack of physical fitness. It may be a competition but it's not a sport.

I remember reading a while back the workout routine for one of the top StarCraft players: a daily 4 mile run, and calesthenics 3x per week. Don't know if that's common, but pro gamers need a lot more physical accuity than say chess players.

Gee, with a workout regimen like that how has he not made it to major league sports? Wry

You've got to be cruel to be kind...in the right measure.

3. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Dec 5, 2017, 16:17 jdreyer

Stay a while, and listen.

2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 5, 2017, 15:46 Mordecai Walfish

NFL as in Not Fucking Likely  

"No, let me clarify - if you don't watch it, I'll be wearing your ass for a shoe."

1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Dec 5, 2017, 14:41 Cutter

You've got to be cruel to be kind...in the right measure.

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo