Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Tech Bits

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 6, 2017, 02:36 Mordecai Walfish

I still have a Phenom II PC (B55 Quadcore 3.6ghz) that I now use for a media server, and there is no way I'd expect it to run any modern AAA game. I was surprised at how well it ran GTA V on release though, and I bet it would run Overwatch decently, but those are better optimized and scalable than 99% of games out there, especially compared to any UBIsoft title.  

†††††††††
"No, let me clarify - if you don't watch it, I'll be wearing your ass for a shoe."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 5, 2017, 18:23 NegaDeath

Not a fan of forced tech obsolescence, but an 8 or 9 year old CPU (tech wise)? I can't fault developers for not including compatibility that far back, regardless of reasons.  

7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 5, 2017, 18:11 mag

jdreyer wrote on Dec 5, 2017, 13:27:
RE: Phenom IIs, I'd be surprised if they could even play a modern game like ACO, even with SSE.

I was going to say the Phenom II is probably faster than the min spec processor--but nope! I am wrong and surprised!

http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i5-2400S-vs-AMD-Phenom-II-X4-955/m304vs2935

6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 5, 2017, 17:56 NKD

Oh lord. Why do I suspect the article author is the one with the shitty Phenom II?  

You are being watched.

5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 5, 2017, 15:28 jdreyer

Creston wrote on Dec 5, 2017, 15:06:
Modern games not playable on nine year old processors! Film at eleven! Rolleyes

Why isn't ACO playable on my Pentium 2 Celeron 300A that I OC'd to 450 MHz?!!

Stay a while, and listen.

4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 5, 2017, 15:06 Creston

Modern games not playable on nine year old processors! Film at eleven! Rolleyes

3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 5, 2017, 13:54 Burrito of Peace

I did not believe I would ever side with Ubisoft on, well, anything...but fuck those with ancient ass Phenoms. Upgrade to play the game or stick to playing flash games.  

2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 5, 2017, 13:44 HoSpanky

Itís kinda ridiculous that people whose hardware is *below minimum spec* are angry about it not working. UBI did nothing wrong here, EVEN IF itís a fixable software issue. They clearly displayed the minimum spec, and arenít responsible for people who purchase the game with knowingly out of spec hardware.

Sure, maybe they just assumed itíd run worse. But thatís an assumption, and UBI again isnít responsible for people making assumptions. Maybe more devs need to do this, to drag people into this decade.

1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 5, 2017, 13:27 jdreyer

RE: Phenom IIs, I'd be surprised if they could even play a modern game like ACO, even with SSE.  

Stay a while, and listen.

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo