Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Well, the rumors are true, the New York Giants yesterday cleaned house, firing Head Coach Ben McAdoo and General Manager Jerry Reese. I'm already on record as being in favor of this move, so I'm as happy as a fan of a 2-10 team can be. Reese has consistently failed to get value out of the middle rounds or address their glaring weakness on the offensive line over the past few seasons, and McAdoo has demonstrated an inability to lead the team effectively, nor has he shown the flexibility needed to deal with the fluid nature of the problems encountered by a head coach. I hope this opens a new chapter of greatness for the team, but for now I'll just remain grateful that this chapter is now closed.

Housecleaning Links: Thanks Ant.
Play: Burning Wheels Backyard.
Short Life.
Links: The One That Started It All: Remembering “Dr. No” on its 55th Anniversary.
This high-tech suicide pod offers a quick, painless death and a built-in casket. Grim efficiency.
Story: Quentin Tarantino developing 'Star Trek' movie with J.J. Abrams. You know what they call a Tribble in France?
Science: The Greatest Leap, Part 1- How the Apollo fire propelled NASA to the Moon.
Media: Dramatic Rescue of a Fallen Big Wave Surfer. Truly spine tingling.
Mom tries a VR headset at the dogs expense.
Star Wars with Cats.

View
18. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 6, 2017, 04:51 Rigs

VaranDragon wrote on Dec 6, 2017, 03:05:
A Star Trek Tarantino movie? Well why the fuck not? I mean how much worse could the franchise get? At least Tarantino might be able to surprise us all...

I rather liked Beyond *ducks*...it slowed down in the middle a bit but I thought it was a good extended episode-like, certainly better than Into Darkness and there was a lot more humor in it this time. The only thing I wasn't crazy about is that they destroyed the fucking ship...again! Geezus, naming something Enterprise is going to take on the same dread as something called 'Challenger' or 'Titanic'. I saw no reason why it had to be destroyed. They could've just disabled it, with some kind of technobabble reason to force them planetside. But no, let's just shred it to pieces in only it's third outing. And I'm not really sold on the new '-A's' design, either. It looks like the design philosophy actually went backwards rather than forwards. Check this out for info on that...

=-Rigs-=

"I remember feeling profoundly disappointed at the scene when Byeck's missus gives him a hidden blade and says, 'This is a weapon from ancient times!' BITCH, we're IN 'ancient times'!" - Yahtzee, 'Assassin's Creed: Origins'
Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Dec 5, 11:10 Re: Out of the Blue Bill Borre
  2. Dec 5, 11:39 Re: Out of the Blue El Pit
  3. Dec 5, 12:32 Re: Out of the Blue El Pit
  4. Dec 5, 14:21 Re: Out of the Blue RedEye9
  6. Dec 5, 15:15  Re: Out of the Blue Mr. Tact
  11. Dec 5, 16:48   Re: Out of the Blue Creston
  5. Dec 5, 15:01 Re: Out of the Blue Cutter
  7. Dec 5, 15:53 Re: Out of the Blue Hoop
  8. Dec 5, 16:14  Re: Out of the Blue Bodolza
  12. Dec 5, 17:33  Re: Out of the Blue Capella
  13. Dec 5, 18:09   Re: Out of the Blue Kxmode
  9. Dec 5, 16:26 Re: Out of the Blue Kxmode
  10. Dec 5, 16:47 Re: Out of the Blue Creston
  14. Dec 5, 18:38 Re: Activision Blizzard Record Results, Layoffs Stormsinger
  16. Dec 5, 20:03  Re: Activision Blizzard Record Results, Layoffs jdreyer
  17. Dec 6, 03:05   Re: Activision Blizzard Record Results, Layoffs VaranDragon
>> 18. Dec 6, 04:51    Re: Out of the Blue Rigs
  19. Dec 6, 12:04    Re: Activision Blizzard Record Results, Layoffs RedEye9
  15. Dec 5, 18:48 Re: Out of the Blue RedEye9

footer

Blue's News logo