Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Get World in Conflict Free and Free Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag Plans

UbiBlog announces that RTS World in Conflict and its Soviet Assault DLC is available for free for a limited time for the next week. This page is where to head to get started with this. And that's not all, as they announce this will be followed by a giveaway of Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag, the seafaring installment in the assassination series. Here's the plan:

Just in time for the holiday season, Ubisoft is celebrating two big anniversaries by giving players the chance to download Assassinís Creed IV Black Flag and World in Conflict on Uplay PC for free. Itís been ten years since the release of critically acclaimed real-time strategy game World in Conflict, so from December 4 (9AM PST) through on December 11 (2AM PST), youíll be able to download World in Conflict and its expansion (Soviet Assault) for free. Then, in honor of the tenth anniversary of the first Assassinís Creed game, youíll be able to get Assassinís Creed IV Black Flag for free from December 12 (6AM PST) through December 18 (2AM PST). As long as you download the games through Uplay during their free periods, they will be yours to keep and play whenever you like.

Developed by Ubisoft Massive, World in Conflict is an RTS set in an alternative history in which the Soviet Union invades the United States in the late 1980s. You play the role of an American commander tasked with marshaling air and ground units in skirmishes ranging across the U.S. (and into the U.S.S.R. in the Soviet Assault expansion). Learn the strengths and weaknesses of your armies, then leverage them as you wage war on destructible battlefields in the solo campaign or in online multiplayer.

In Assassinís Creed IV Black Flag, you are Edward Kenway, a pirate out to make a name for himself on the tumultuous Caribbean seas by sailing your ship among the isles in search of plunder, attacking enemy vessels, and diving below the waves for lost treasures. Become embroiled in the conflicts of the era and discover your connection to the seriesí age-old struggle between the Assassins and the Templars.

View
30 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

30. Re: Get World in Conflict Free and Free Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag Plans Dec 5, 2017, 15:48 Kxmode

Cutter wrote on Dec 5, 2017, 14:53:
I'm a historian, moron. Why wouldn't I like it?

I wouldn't consider the Assassin's Creed games as a go-to resource for learning about history. They're great for entertainment within a historical context and a what-if scenario. Smart

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 4: CHORUS: And now, dear viewers, shall our play go to \ A Planet stark and drear for our next scene. \ Imagine sand and rocks within thy view. \ Prepare thy souls - we fly to Tatooine!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

29. Re: Get World in Conflict Free and Free Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag Plans Dec 5, 2017, 15:10 Creston

World in Conflict is pretty good, but when I played it there were several parts I found pretty frustrating. (Can't really remember which parts where, though... Been awhile.)

Black Flag is one of the all-time awesome games, and if you don't have it yet, first off all please go stand in the corner and pay penance, then get it, because it's AWESOME.

Did I mention it was AWESOME??

28. Re: Get World in Conflict Free and Free Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag Plans Dec 5, 2017, 15:01 CJ_Parker

Cutter wrote on Dec 5, 2017, 14:53:
christheshitter wrote on Dec 5, 2017, 07:59:
Cutter wrote on Dec 4, 2017, 21:57:
You just answered the question I was going to ask...who the hell doesn't have/hasn't played Black Flag yet? I thought everyone would have by now. BF is definitely the best of them. If you were ever going to only play one game in the series that would be the one to play. I prefer Ezio and the Italian Renaissance myself, but BF was the most fun and most like playing out a classic pirate film. Cruising around the Caribbean - especially if you're playing in the winter - is pretty damn sweet as well.

Am i reading this right? Cutter likes the Assassins Creed franchise from the well-renowned Ubisoft shit?

I must be dreaming a nightmare!

Cuz real historians are probably flipping in their graves (figuratively speaking) when playing AssCreed games. I mean does anyone seriously believe that there is much actual historical accuracy in these games? Like really seriously?

Sure, they got some of the locations/buildings etc. nailed down in pretty good detail (on a gamey scale tho) but otherwise... L to the O to the L, man... real historians would be facepalming through those games so hard they would grow arms like Schwarzenegger in the process.

27. Re: Get World in Conflict Free and Free Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag Plans Dec 5, 2017, 14:53 Cutter

You just answered the question I was going to ask...who the hell doesn't have/hasn't played Black Flag yet? I thought everyone would have by now. BF is definitely the best of them. If you were ever going to only play one game in the series that would be the one to play. I prefer Ezio and the Italian Renaissance myself, but BF was the most fun and most like playing out a classic pirate film. Cruising around the Caribbean - especially if you're playing in the winter - is pretty damn sweet as well.

Am i reading this right? Cutter likes the Assassins Creed franchise from the well-renowned Ubisoft shit?

You've got to be cruel to be kind...in the right measure.

26. Re: WiC... Dec 5, 2017, 13:32 SpectralMeat

I still remember the first gameplay videos of WiC before releases I think it was one of the first DX10 title that allowed the ground to be deformed from missiles and bombs so your troops can take cover inside the craters. I was blown away.
It's still today a pretty good looking fun strategy game.
Right up there with Ground Control

Steam: SpectralMeat

25. WiC... Dec 5, 2017, 13:20 Ant

Ha. I am still trying to finish WiC that I bought like a decade ago! I played more on Sunday night, but failed to defend Seattle. It got nuked from US President.  

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

24. Re: Get World in Conflict Free and Free Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag Plans Dec 5, 2017, 12:52 DukeFNukem

I guess procrastination is a good thing? This will be the second Assassins Creed game I've accepted for free that I have yet to play or even look at. Maybe some day once I've been gifted all of them. LoL!

Otoh, I did claim my free copy of WIC and downloaded and installed it last evening. I played a few minutes and then bailed. So many free games, so little time.

Just because you aren't afraid of something doesn't it mean it can't hurt you...

23. Re: Get World in Conflict Free and Free Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag Plans Dec 5, 2017, 12:41 Kxmode

Slick wrote on Dec 5, 2017, 08:53:

HOW DARE SOMEONE LIKE A GAME? DON'T THEY KNOW? DON'T THEY KNOOOWWWWWW??

The suggestion is Cutter is highly critical of EVERYTHING

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 4: CHORUS: And now, dear viewers, shall our play go to \ A Planet stark and drear for our next scene. \ Imagine sand and rocks within thy view. \ Prepare thy souls - we fly to Tatooine!

22. Re: Get World in Conflict Free and Free Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag Plans Dec 5, 2017, 08:53 Slick

HOW DARE SOMEONE LIKE A GAME? DON'T THEY KNOW? DON'T THEY KNOOOWWWWWW??

(Regarding SW:Battlefront II) Frostshite is a horrible piece of shit engine that makes games look artificial as if you were playing on a movie set instead of the actual location. -CJ_Parker

21. Re: Get World in Conflict Free and Free Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag Plans Dec 5, 2017, 07:59 christheshitter

20. Re: Get World in Conflict Free and Free Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag Plans Dec 5, 2017, 07:17 Slick

I think I'm the only one that enjoyed Unity. I didn't finish it, but it seemed to have a more cohesive plot than Origins. Origins is pretty great, I'm i think halfway through the game, level 22.  

(Regarding SW:Battlefront II) Frostshite is a horrible piece of shit engine that makes games look artificial as if you were playing on a movie set instead of the actual location. -CJ_Parker

19. Re: Get World in Conflict Free and Free Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag Plans Dec 5, 2017, 06:49 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Dec 5, 2017, 01:08:
Yeah, I've heard Black Flag is the best AC game (although sounds like ACO may be taking the top spot). Just one question: how is the Caribbean winter different from the Caribbean summer?

It's different by virtue of the fact that it's going on when we're up here freezing our nads off. Rum, sodomy, and the lash, what's not to love?

ACO is impressive in size and scope but storywise it's pretty meh, IMO. In order I'd rate them, BF, AC2, Brotherhood, Origins, and the rest - Syndicate, Unity, et al. are all pretty bleh and can easily be skipped.

You've got to be cruel to be kind...in the right measure.

18. Re: Get World in Conflict Free and Free Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag Plans Dec 5, 2017, 04:52 Asmodai

jdreyer wrote on Dec 4, 2017, 20:41:
I've heard good things about Black Flag, but never played. My daughter has been saying she wants to play some AC what with the movie just coming out, and her friends playing ACO. Good timing. Yo ho ho, and a bottle of rum!

Black Flag is one of the more engaging AC's and the ship part (despite being complete horseshit, ie. the wind blows wherever you want to go ; ) is great.

First AC game I completed including DLC.

17. Re: Get World in Conflict Free and Free Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag Plans Dec 5, 2017, 02:28 Slick

https://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/comments/7hhz8g/uplay_world_in_conflict_complete_edition_free/

This comment was edited on Dec 5, 2017, 02:58.

16. Re: Get World in Conflict Free and Free Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag Plans Dec 5, 2017, 02:05 Slick

What great news, I really hope that this blows up the online numbers for World in Conflict. That is BY FAR the most fun RTS game I've ever played.

For people who don't know, it's an RTS game without any "building" or "economy". Also you play on teams of 4, you buy 4-8 units, then you just work with your team to take points against another team of 4. It's very dynamic, and still holds up visually.

I played it until the servers dried up, I really hope they'll fill out now, I it's been too long...

15. Re: Get World in Conflict Free and Free Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag Plans Dec 5, 2017, 01:19 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Dec 5, 2017, 01:08:
Yeah, I've heard Black Flag is the best AC game (although sounds like ACO may be taking the top spot). Just one question: how is the Caribbean winter different from the Caribbean summer?

Yaaarrr. It depends on how much rum ye have and the size of yer island. Pirate

14. Re: Free Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag Plans Dec 5, 2017, 01:10 Kxmode

Black Flag is a fantastic game just like ACO. The pirate ship mechanics alone is worth it! But I also like the story. Meeting a host of famous pirates is fun. I have 63 hours in Black Flag, and 177 hours in Assassin's Creed Origins but I like both equally.

Besides Steam, I have UPlay, Origins, Battle.net, and GOG Galaxy. I don't have a problem with these. Uplay does an excellent job synchronizing with Steam for playtime and achievements.

13. Re: Get World in Conflict Free and Free Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag Plans Dec 5, 2017, 01:08 jdreyer

jdreyer wrote on Dec 4, 2017, 20:41:
I've heard good things about Black Flag, but never played. My daughter has been saying she wants to play some AC what with the movie just coming out, and her friends playing ACO. Good timing. Yo ho ho, and a bottle of rum!

Stay a while, and listen.

12. Re: Get World in Conflict Free and Free Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag Plans Dec 4, 2017, 23:49 MattyC

SirKnight wrote on Dec 4, 2017, 22:00:
I played World in Conflict when it came out. Very good game.

I enjoyed my time with it. I actually got the CE which came with a neat box and a bit of the wall.

That said, I own so few Ubi games. For both of them to be ones I already have I can only conclude that this is part of a vast Ubispiracy against me.

11. Re: Get World in Conflict Free and Free Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag Plans Dec 4, 2017, 23:37 DangerDog

I haven't had to download any of the free games offered, they're added to your library.  

30 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo