Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

The Division Patch Tomorrow, Free Weekend Starts Thursday

Word on UbiBlog is to expect a new patch for The Division tomorrow to update the open-world shooter to version 1.8. They also announce plans for a free trial weekend for the game that will run from December 7-10. This trailer promotes the free trial, while this one covers the patch, which is also discussed in further detail in this post. Here are all the details:

The Division’s free Update 1.8, codenamed Resistance, launches tomorrow on PS4, Xbox One, and PC, bringing a raft of additions and changes to the battle for post-pandemic Manhattan. The most immediately noticeable is a whole new area of the map, West Side Pier, which also hosts two new game modes: Resistance and Skirmish.

In Resistance, up to four Agents can team up to fight off Manhattan’s enemy factions, who have united to take down The Division with waves of attackers. Using cooperative tactics is strongly encouraged, as is using the resources dropped by enemies to set up defenses or extend the battlefield. The longer you can survive, the greater the rewards you’ll earn. The PVP Skirmish mode, meanwhile, pits two teams of four agents against each other in a competition to get the highest kill count in timed matches. And it’s not enough to just “down” an enemy player – you have to eliminate them to make it count.

Update 1.8 also lets players upgrade their favorite Gear, ratchets up the challenge and rewards of the Underground DLC, and overhauls how players go Rogue in the Dark Zone. Division Agents can also meet up and gear up in a new social space, Camp Clinton. To celebrate Update 1.8’s release, all of The Division’s paid DLC expansions – Underground, Survival, and Last Stand – will be freely accessible to all players from December 5 through December 10. And if you haven’t yet tried The Division, you’ll be able to play the full game and its DLC at no cost during the free weekend, which runs from December 7-10. Additionally, The Division will be on sale for 70% off from December 5-10 on the Ubisoft Store and from December 7-10 on Steam, PS4, and Xbox One. Both free events will be available on all platforms, and any progress you make will carry over if you decide to buy the full game or its DLC afterward.

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 5, 2017, 10:40 necrosis

Slick wrote on Dec 5, 2017, 10:36:
You can't be 100 levels above others in the DZ,
Close. True not 100 but enough. Also note I added

"Granted I have not played the game since the first content releases and when they did the first segregation of the DZ (0-161 and 162+)."

I ran up against people geared so much higher in DZ1 that my guns did barely any damage and they one shotted me. Major reason I stopped playing the game.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 5, 2017, 10:36 Slick

You can't be 100 levels above others in the DZ, there is strict level segregation. You'll never see someone at gear level 280 when you're 180. And if you don't want to compete at the highest levels, then just find slightly lower gear so you get put into lower level DZ servers.

They have had multiple servers for every 20-30 levels of gear level for almost a year now. This has been fixed for a long time.

The solution is NOT to just axe the most interesting part of the game.

(Regarding SW:Battlefront II) Frostshite is a horrible piece of shit engine that makes games look artificial as if you were playing on a movie set instead of the actual location. -CJ_Parker

8. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 5, 2017, 10:33 necrosis

Slick wrote on Dec 5, 2017, 09:50:
Darks wrote on Dec 5, 2017, 08:31:
Looking forward to the new Darkzone 2.0 Love that you cant be attacked if you dont go Rogue. Its about time UBI!!!

Wait, what?

Is this real?

That would completely kill this game for me...

The whole thrill of going into the DZ was that you'd always be looking over your shoulder, that anyone could betray you. It offered a gameplay experience incomparable to almost any other.

If now it's just a high level grinding zone.. then who the fuck cares...
I guess you have never had the unfortunate experience of someone 100+ gear level higher than you destroying you at every turn and there was not a damned thing you could do about it.

Granted I have not played the game since the first content releases and when they did the first segregation of the DZ (0-161 and 162+).

Might actually delete my character and start from scratch this weekend. IIRC the PvE "story" stuff is only like 8 hours of work if that.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 5, 2017, 09:50 Slick

Darks wrote on Dec 5, 2017, 08:31:
Looking forward to the new Darkzone 2.0 Love that you cant be attacked if you dont go Rogue. Its about time UBI!!!

Wait, what?

Is this real?

That would completely kill this game for me...

The whole thrill of going into the DZ was that you'd always be looking over your shoulder, that anyone could betray you. It offered a gameplay experience incomparable to almost any other.

If now it's just a high level grinding zone.. then who the fuck cares...

(Regarding SW:Battlefront II) Frostshite is a horrible piece of shit engine that makes games look artificial as if you were playing on a movie set instead of the actual location. -CJ_Parker

6. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 5, 2017, 08:55 SpectralMeat

MrCharm42 wrote on Dec 4, 2017, 22:04:
Cutter wrote on Dec 4, 2017, 22:00:
Love the environment, it's such a shame the game is so damn boring.
Yes, just create more story missions, and port over the GR: Wildlands mechanics, and it would be a winner. The DZ was somewhat improved last time I played 2 or so patches ago.
Speaking of which, Wildlands is free to play this weekend also

Steam: SpectralMeat

5. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 5, 2017, 08:31 Darks

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

4. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Dec 5, 2017, 02:16 Wowbagger_TIP

The missions need some kind of variability to keep them from being the straight linear grinds that they are. They need random events, ambushes, and more variations in paths and layouts.  

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

3. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 4, 2017, 22:04 MrCharm42

Cutter wrote on Dec 4, 2017, 22:00:
Yes, just create more story missions, and port over the GR: Wildlands mechanics, and it would be a winner. The DZ was somewhat improved last time I played 2 or so patches ago.

2. Re: The Division Patch Tomorrow, Free Weekend Starts Thursday Dec 4, 2017, 22:00 Cutter

You've got to be cruel to be kind...in the right measure.

1. Re: The Division Patch Tomorrow, Free Weekend Starts Thursday Dec 4, 2017, 20:03 Phasenoise

Still has the best dog pooping in snow graphics I've seen in any game to date.  

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo