Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Tech Bits

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: Evening Mobilization Dec 5, 2017, 10:31 Parallax Abstraction

Wallshadows wrote on Dec 5, 2017, 08:11:
Never shopped at their retail outlets but if it was anything like their online platform then I'm not that upset. Awful pricing and dodgy "free" shipping deals put them waaaaay down my list when it came to shopping for components.

What's hilarious is how their sister site, DirectCanada, was better in nearly every way while still using the NCIX infrastructure from warehouse to payment processing to shipping.

Yep, I've never had a good experience with NCIX, going back to when they weren't on the ropes. And from what I'm reading, they're screwing everyone with this bankruptcy. A bunch of employees lost pay and were never formally terminated, tons of people placed orders that never shipped and they're being instructed to file complaints with their credit card companies and a bunch of systems that were in-store for repair are just sitting there and people can't get to them. Same thing happened when PC Cyber here in Ottawa went under a number of years ago. Scumbag management.

People joke about Best Buy but I've consistently had better service from them than I ever have from places like Amazon Canada or indeed, NCIX.

Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube | Mixer
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Dec 5, 2017, 08:11 Wallshadows

Never shopped at their retail outlets but if it was anything like their online platform then I'm not that upset. Awful pricing and dodgy "free" shipping deals put them waaaaay down my list when it came to shopping for components.

What's hilarious is how their sister site, DirectCanada, was better in nearly every way while still using the NCIX infrastructure from warehouse to payment processing to shipping.

3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Dec 5, 2017, 04:46 SpectralMeat

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 4, 2017, 19:30:
By NCIX, wish we lost Best Buy instead.
Yeah too bad. I did like to shop at NCIX, although recently they haven't had too many good deals.

Steam: SpectralMeat

2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Dec 5, 2017, 00:08 eRe4s3r

It's a nice marketing trick, 8bit display but color calibrated and AdobeRGB.. but those LUT tests do not test for gradient transitions. And HDR10 would look absolutely abysmal on a 8bit display, you'd lose over 30% of the source data in that transition.... sad to see Philips Brilliance stands for nothing anymore.  

1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Dec 4, 2017, 19:30 RedEye9

By NCIX, wish we lost Best Buy instead.  

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo