Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Bossa Studios Making AI Push

Bossa Studios announces their plans to emphasize artificial intelligence going forward, and the U.K.-based developer says they are currently hiring to make this happen. This video shows a recent talk on the topic given in London by Bossa's Chet Faliszek who is said to be spearheading this initiative, which is interesting, as his high-profile position with former employer Valve Corporation was as a writer, not a programmer, not to mention that Bossa's previous titles Worlds Adrift, I Am Bread, and Surgeon Simulator are not the most AI-heavy games you will find. In the video Faliszek talks about AI's potential to change player interaction with virtual worlds, saying, "We can use AI not only to add to games, but to fundamentally change the way we tell stories." Here's more:

“We can use AI not only to add to games, but to fundamentally change the way we tell stories,” Faliszek tells his audience. Bossa Studios is keen to close the division that exists between the player and the characters they play in games. They intend to “resolve the dissonance” between these two perspectives, by using AI to power dynamic narratives that go beyond conventional methods.

This new project is illustrative of the acclaimed studio’s continued pursuit of the latest technologies to create innovative and memorable experiences.

Sylvain Cornillon, CTO at Bossa Studios, explains the motivations behind this project: “We are looking at AI as a means to create bigger games, allowing the players to experience deeper, more meaningful stories tailored to them.”

Bossa Studios is currently recruiting and assembling a talented team to support their ambitions, to make this bold AI vision a reality for players. Visit the studio’s official website for the latest openings.

More information on the project will be revealed in 2018. In the meantime, follow Bossa Studios for the latest news on its range of singularly special games on Facebook and Twitter.

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: Bossa Studios Making AI Push Dec 5, 2017, 15:20 Creston

if(lady_alien && skin == GREEN)
{
stickTongueDownCaptainsThroat();
}
else if(blob_alien)
{
killRedGuy();
}
PlayVoiceOVer(Bones1)"Dammit! He's dead, Jim!"
{

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Bossa Studios Making AI Push Dec 4, 2017, 21:30 subx

jdreyer wrote on Dec 4, 2017, 20:41:
Imagine away missions with full alien interactions.

Hmm...

if(lady_alien && skin == GREEN)
{
stickTongueDownCaptainsThroat();
}
else if(blob_alien)
{
killRedGuy();
}

10. Re: Bossa Studios Making AI Push Dec 4, 2017, 20:41 jdreyer

TheEmissary wrote on Dec 4, 2017, 18:04:
jdreyer wrote on Dec 4, 2017, 15:19:
I suspect that game AI companies will be like game engine companies: they'll develop interactive plug and play AI that can be configured for any game type. This will be a huge boon to immersive gaming.

Imagine a flight sim where you talk with the tower and other aircraft in real time and they respond intelligently and contextually. Or being a platoon leader in ArmA and giving orders to soldiers verbally while the give you real time sitreps so you can plan tactics to complete a mission. The possibilities are endless.

StarTrek Bridge Crew I think used the Watson API to handle the voice interaction with the game. It would be extremely cool to see games with less canned responses and handling input a bit like a human mode.

Imagine away missions with full alien interactions.

I wonder if AI will give adventure game genre a new lease on life.

Stay a while, and listen.

9. Re: Bossa Studios Making AI Push Dec 4, 2017, 18:04 TheEmissary

jdreyer wrote on Dec 4, 2017, 15:19:
I suspect that game AI companies will be like game engine companies: they'll develop interactive plug and play AI that can be configured for any game type. This will be a huge boon to immersive gaming.

Imagine a flight sim where you talk with the tower and other aircraft in real time and they respond intelligently and contextually. Or being a platoon leader in ArmA and giving orders to soldiers verbally while the give you real time sitreps so you can plan tactics to complete a mission. The possibilities are endless.

StarTrek Bridge Crew I think used the Watson API to handle the voice interaction with the game. It would be extremely cool to see games with less canned responses and handling input a bit like a human mode.

8. Re: Bossa Studios Making AI Push Dec 4, 2017, 15:19 jdreyer

Stay a while, and listen.

7. Re: Bossa Studios Making AI Push Dec 4, 2017, 14:58 Creston

NegaDeath wrote on Dec 4, 2017, 12:32:
Creston wrote on Dec 4, 2017, 10:57:
Soon the games will play us.

They'll conveniently and automatically connect your credit card and buy you some loot boxes when the complex algorithms determine we are too hopeless to git gud. EA expects this to greatly increase the sensation of pride and accomplishment.

Giggle Giggle

6. Re: Bossa Studios Making AI Push Dec 4, 2017, 14:50 theyarecomingforyou

We've heard all of this before. It's easy to talk the talk but not so much to walk the walk. For now consider me extremely sceptical.  

8700K @ 4.9GHz / 32GB DDR4 / GTX 1080 OC
Optane 900P 280GB / 30" Hazro HZ30Wie

5. Re: Bossa Studios Making AI Push Dec 4, 2017, 13:05 Tipsy McStagger

HorrorScope wrote on Dec 4, 2017, 12:55:
While you work on AI, the big boys will work on loot-box revenue.

And then steal buyout your IP with the loot box revenue.

4. Re: Bossa Studios Making AI Push Dec 4, 2017, 12:55 HorrorScope

While you work on AI, the big boys will work on loot-box revenue.  

3. Re: Bossa Studios Making AI Push Dec 4, 2017, 12:46 eRe4s3r

I will believe it when I can play it... and it ain't a scam like NMS promises  

2. Re: Bossa Studios Making AI Push Dec 4, 2017, 12:32 NegaDeath

Creston wrote on Dec 4, 2017, 10:57:

They'll conveniently and automatically connect your credit card and buy you some loot boxes when the complex algorithms determine we are too hopeless to git gud. EA expects this to greatly increase the sensation of pride and accomplishment.

1. Re: Bossa Studios Making AI Push Dec 4, 2017, 10:57 Creston

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo