Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Steam Top 10

Valve reports the following were the bestselling titles on Steam last week:

1. PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS
  2. Grand Theft Auto V
  3. Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
  4. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Game of the Year Edition
  5. Call of Duty: WWII
  6. Assassin's Creed Origins
  7. Divinity: Original Sin 2
  8. Sid Meierís Civilization VI
  9. Sid Meierís Civilization VI
  10. NieR:Automata

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 4, 2017, 18:50 Orogogus

CJ_Parker wrote on Dec 3, 2017, 19:43:
Yup. PUBG's been top dawg since March consistently every fucking week after week after week...
No CoD, no AssCreed, no Middle Earth, no GTA, no Skyrim, no Witcher has been able to dethrone it. Sad but true.

I think all those other games are available elsewhere -- GOG, Uplay, physical stores, consoles -- diluting their sales, but for now PUBG is on Steam and nowhere else. If the gap has been close at any point then it's possible they might have outsold it.

Also, PUBG apparently has a massive Chinese presence that nothing else has, with such an impact that simplified Chinese is the commanding majority user language on Steam (65%). So it's not as if random plebs are buying PUBG and nothing else nowadays.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 4, 2017, 18:36 CJ_Parker

Creston wrote on Dec 4, 2017, 11:13:
Yup. PUBG's been top dawg since March consistently every fucking week after week after week...
No CoD, no AssCreed, no Middle Earth, no GTA, no Skyrim, no Witcher has been able to dethrone it. Sad but true.

I think there was one week where something outsold it? It was just for that week, but I think there was one little blip in PUBG's dominance.

No, I actually clicked through the Steam Top 10 news here on Blue's and PUBG was no. 1 every week all the way dating back to the week ending March 26th.
PUBG was released on March 23rd so it went straight to no. 1 and has stayed glued to the no. 1 spot ever since.

13. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 4, 2017, 12:54 eRe4s3r

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 3, 2017, 21:41:
eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 3, 2017, 21:16:

Nothing wrong with that per sť, what we can expect now though, is 600 clones of that 1 game mode and none of them will be good. Adding further to the shit-show that is Steam nowadays.....
Popular games and gameplay modes are frequently copied. I use steam to buy games I already want so steam adding more games, both good ones and bad ones, does not affect me.

Yeh, but as soon as you go off looking for decent indy games, steam is not usable.... and for indy and smaller devs the recent influx of shit has been catastrophic

12. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 4, 2017, 11:43 SpectralMeat

I'm surprised CoD is still on that list.  

Steam: SpectralMeat

11. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 4, 2017, 11:13 Creston

I think there was one week where something outsold it? It was just for that week, but I think there was one little blip in PUBG's dominance.

10. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 4, 2017, 10:50 RedEye9

Jagacademy wrote on Dec 4, 2017, 01:33:
Didn't PUBG just ban 750,000 accounts in one wave?
Please post your source, because that number sounds like bull shit.
https://dotesports.com/pubg/news/pubg-battleye-bans-320k-news-18018

Now if you said the total number of players banned since inception then you would be getting close.
over 700k
You're still talking less than 4% of the userbase over the games lifetime.

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report

9. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 4, 2017, 03:53 Jerykk

PUBG has sold over 22 million copies in less than in a year. On PC alone. It's pretty insane.

8. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 4, 2017, 01:42 jdreyer

Looking at the list, it's amazing the Rimworld missed the top 10 by just a few spots. And it didn't even go on sale!  

Stay a while, and listen.

7. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 4, 2017, 01:33 Jagacademy

Didn't PUBG just ban 750,000 accounts in one wave?

These developers have a massive incentive not to fix cheating, it is very lucrative for them.

6. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 3, 2017, 23:15 Muscular Beaver

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Dec 3, 2017, 16:54:
There's the old CS:GO. Must have been another ban wave. Probably for PUBG also.
Well, GTA5 is banning like crazy as well. So the top 3 are most likely at the top because of the cheaters... Ok, maybe not PUBG, but who knows.

Waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.

5. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 3, 2017, 21:41 RedEye9

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 3, 2017, 21:16:

Nothing wrong with that per sť, what we can expect now though, is 600 clones of that 1 game mode and none of them will be good. Adding further to the shit-show that is Steam nowadays.....
Popular games and gameplay modes are frequently copied. I use steam to buy games I already want so steam adding more games, both good ones and bad ones, does not affect me.

4. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 3, 2017, 21:16 eRe4s3r

3. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 3, 2017, 19:43 CJ_Parker

2. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 3, 2017, 17:09 RedEye9

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Dec 3, 2017, 16:54:
Nope, PUBG Has Been been #1 consistently, it has nothing to do with ban wave.

1. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 3, 2017, 16:54 MoreLuckThanSkill

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo