Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Abandon Ship Won't Set Sail This Year

Developer Fireblade Software announces a delay for Abandon Ship, saying this age of sail take on an FTL-style strategy adventure is abandoning plans for a 2017 early access release, and has now set course for next year. To show where the project currently stands they offer a new developer let's play video with around 30 minutes of gameplay. Here's the news:

Upcoming PC game Abandon Ship has today announced that it will be releasing into Steam Early Access in early 2018.

Team Lead Gary Burchell had this to say:

“Abandon Ship is a very systems-driven game, which is a fantastic fit for Early Access. We’re really looking forward to getting feedback and balancing the game with our community.

We’re committed to delivering an extremely high-quality experience, and to ensuring that even our initial release is as feature-complete and polished as possible. So far, the response from our play-testers has been exceptionally positive, but why stop there? With a little extra time, we can make the game even better.”

Fireblade Software has also released a “Developer Let’s Play” video which shows approximately 30 minutes of gameplay:

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 2, 2017, 12:36 HorrorScope

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Dec 1, 2017, 22:27:
Been playing more everspace lately, which is basically an arcade space shooter FTL.

I was playing it but in VR on the Rift, I've hit a couple bugs (reported) and the performance is spotty. But really do like the overall idea of this Rouge Space-shooter. Space and VR are a match made in heaven, I gots me a space ship for $400. You can't beat that.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 2, 2017, 12:35 HorrorScope

VaranDragon wrote on Dec 2, 2017, 05:41:
There is only one decent sailing game out there at the moment, and its called Naval Action.

Be warned, its an alpha. The GUI is terrible, the learning curve is extremely steep, and the gameplay is brutal and unforgiving. You will be ganked. A lot.

Not really selling it. Gui's are critical to me and the other two are important as well.

5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 2, 2017, 05:41 VaranDragon

There is only one decent sailing game out there at the moment, and its called Naval Action.

Be warned, its an alpha. The GUI is terrible, the learning curve is extremely steep, and the gameplay is brutal and unforgiving. You will be ganked. A lot.

Still, I've got over 500 hours in it, and can't stop playing.

Avoid Naval Action Legends, its a WOT style cash grab game. Naval Action however, is excellent despite its many faults.

4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 1, 2017, 22:27 Mordecai Walfish

Been playing more everspace lately, which is basically an arcade space shooter FTL. With the expansion that adds a bunch of more content for different alien races and side missions with them, it actually feels much more similar to FTL now. Highly recommended if arcade space shooters appeal to you at all.

Probably gonna pick Abandon Ship up too, the way it's looking.

"No, let me clarify - if you don't watch it, I'll be wearing your ass for a shoe."

3. Re: Abandon Ship Won't Set Sail This Year Dec 1, 2017, 16:33 jdreyer

Looking forward to playing this, but want them to take the time to get it right. Been looking for another FTL style game, and after watching Master and Commander last week, I think this has huge potential with its combination of subject matter and genre.  

Stay a while, and listen.

2. Re: Abandon Ship Won't Set Sail This Year Dec 1, 2017, 13:52 Tipsy McStagger

HorrorScope wrote on Dec 1, 2017, 12:34:
Why would an abandoned ship set sail?

These are the type of Comments I wish this site had more of...

1. Re: Abandon Ship Won't Set Sail This Year Dec 1, 2017, 12:34 HorrorScope

Why would an abandoned ship set sail?  

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo