Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Patches

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Morning Patches Dec 3, 2017, 12:50 MoreLuckThanSkill

ItBurn wrote on Dec 2, 2017, 01:12:
I played and loved all their games. The instantly have my money. I have no idea, but I'm afraid they didn't make enough money with Soma. It seemed kinda under the radar, despite the cool videos they did for it. I wonder what they're going to do next. Any info?

Well, they released an Xbox One version of SOMA with safe mode, but there really isn't any new information on their web page(aside from the above) since 2015. You may be right, they may have lost money overall on SOMA. Or, they are working on their next game and have been for awhile, but no press release yet? Hopefully they aren't going under.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Morning Patches Dec 2, 2017, 12:24 ItBurn

Bub wrote on Dec 2, 2017, 07:33:
SOMA

The live action teasers were way more interesting than 90% of the game.

I thought the exploring the sunken ship was the most well done part of the game, while the rest was pretty boring typical walking simulatior in second rate FPS Shooter maps.

Great bargin bin game, no where near AAA value.

It was never priced as an AAA game. The story is what's good about the game.

5. Re: Morning Patches Dec 2, 2017, 07:33 Bub

SOMA

The live action teasers were way more interesting than 90% of the game.

I thought the exploring the sunken ship was the most well done part of the game, while the rest was pretty boring typical walking simulatior in second rate FPS Shooter maps.

Great bargin bin game, no where near AAA value.

==================================================
Bubb Stubbley
... I miss BBS..
"There is a sucker born every minute." - PT Barnum
==================================================

4. Re: Morning Patches Dec 2, 2017, 01:12 ItBurn

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Dec 1, 2017, 23:26:
SOMA was awesome, but wtf, safe mode? I guess... but the monsters could be dodged/ran from anyway... Oh well, it's good if it gets more people to experience niche games like that.

It's been a year since I played SOMA, but I swear I remember most of the monsters don't even insta-kill you anyway, just knock you down and cause damage(translates to vision obstructions), which you can heal at various spots.

ItBurn, if you're not aware, Frictional Games, the guys who did SOMA, also did the Amnesia and Penumbra series. The Penumbra ones are a bit long in the tooth now, but all of their games(that I've played) are that exploratory/horror style, no real combat, just some hiding and dodging with decent to really good stories.

*EDIT* RedEye9 wtf, 1 shot hand cannon mod in Alien:Isolation?! Lol! For Shame. j/k, mods are the best thing about PC gaming.

I played and loved all their games. The instantly have my money. I have no idea, but I'm afraid they didn't make enough money with Soma. It seemed kinda under the radar, despite the cool videos they did for it. I wonder what they're going to do next. Any info?

3. Re: Morning Patches Dec 1, 2017, 23:26 MoreLuckThanSkill

SOMA was awesome, but wtf, safe mode? I guess... but the monsters could be dodged/ran from anyway... Oh well, it's good if it gets more people to experience niche games like that.

It's been a year since I played SOMA, but I swear I remember most of the monsters don't even insta-kill you anyway, just knock you down and cause damage(translates to vision obstructions), which you can heal at various spots.

ItBurn, if you're not aware, Frictional Games, the guys who did SOMA, also did the Amnesia and Penumbra series. The Penumbra ones are a bit long in the tooth now, but all of their games(that I've played) are that exploratory/horror style, no real combat, just some hiding and dodging with decent to really good stories.

*EDIT* RedEye9 wtf, 1 shot hand cannon mod in Alien:Isolation?! Lol! For Shame. j/k, mods are the best thing about PC gaming.

2. Re: Morning Patches Dec 1, 2017, 14:14 ItBurn

Please buy SOMA, I want more from those devs. I loved that game so much.  

1. Re: Morning Patches Dec 1, 2017, 13:11 RedEye9

I am all for adding "safe" modes to some games.
I only reason I made it through Alien Isolation was thanks to mods that made the alien similar to a blind puppy and turned your pistol into a 1 shot hand cannon (SPOILER: still not helpful for the later levels /end spoiler).
And the same with the recent giveaway of Outlast. A text walkthrough, brought the jump scare factor down to a reasonable level and also made sure I did not miss any of the journals and notes.

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo