Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Safety Dance

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 3, 2017, 12:50 HorrorScope

VoodooV wrote on Dec 1, 2017, 19:21:
need a lot more than revamping voting machines (nothing wrong with paper ballots) they need to reform voting period.

-be like the UK and limit the campaigns to a very short period of time like a few month before the election.
-eliminate gerrymandering
-get rid of FPTP so that 3rd parties aren't just spoilers
-eliminate electoral college
-get rid of private money in elections, period.

Yeah, I know. Won't happen in my lifetime, but a guy can dream.

There is a slim chance with one party of that happening in time and less than zero with the other party. Which party fits which?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 1, 2017, 19:53 NKD

VoodooV wrote on Dec 1, 2017, 19:21:

The only hope for any of that is probably when the US eventually collapses. I'm not just being pessimistic, no nation lasts forever. When it does happen, whenever that is, hopefully whoever puts the pieces back together has a bit of hindsight.

I keep warning you. Doors and corners, kid. That's where they get you. Humans are too fucking stupid to listen.

10. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 1, 2017, 19:21 VoodooV

need a lot more than revamping voting machines (nothing wrong with paper ballots) they need to reform voting period.

-be like the UK and limit the campaigns to a very short period of time like a few month before the election.
-eliminate gerrymandering
-get rid of FPTP so that 3rd parties aren't just spoilers
-eliminate electoral college
-get rid of private money in elections, period.

9. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 1, 2017, 19:18 RedEye9

NKD wrote on Dec 1, 2017, 18:31:
RedEye9 wrote on Dec 1, 2017, 13:36:
Why not give China and Russia the admin login and password, it would simplify things in the long run.

Russia already has the admin login now. Username: pussygrabber Password: believeme123
At least it got changed from the default. Username: dotard
Password: Complicit69!

Democracy Is Not a Spectator Sport
If You’re Not Scared About Fascism in the U.S., You Should Be
Vote like your rights depend on it

8. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 1, 2017, 19:02 jdreyer

NKD wrote on Dec 1, 2017, 18:29:
I always thought it would be cool if they did a hybrid paper/electronic voting system. Paper ballots are still collected, but they are scanned on-site and the results uploaded. If the results seem hinky (i.e. vary from the exit polls too much) or things are very close, they can do a recount on the paper ballots.
Yeah that's basically the same as my example. The reason I used it is because that's how we do it in my state.

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.

7. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 1, 2017, 18:31 NKD

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 1, 2017, 13:36:
Why not give China and Russia the admin login and password, it would simplify things in the long run.

Russia already has the admin login now. Username: pussygrabber Password: believeme123

I keep warning you. Doors and corners, kid. That's where they get you. Humans are too fucking stupid to listen.

6. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 1, 2017, 18:29 NKD

I always thought it would be cool if they did a hybrid paper/electronic voting system. Paper ballots are still collected, but they are scanned on-site and the results uploaded. If the results seem hinky (i.e. vary from the exit polls too much) or things are very close, they can do a recount on the paper ballots.  

5. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 1, 2017, 17:16 Cutter

We're still on paper ballots up here. I wouldn't trust electronic voting. Elections are something you absolutely need a paper trail for.

"Rmabo. John J.? Well what do you know? Ol' Harry here's a soldier."

4. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 1, 2017, 16:57 jdreyer

Bard wrote on Dec 1, 2017, 12:00:
hahaha.

something as important as election votes can't be trusted to electronic technology. simple as that.

We need a national set of guidelines of best practices.

For example, paper ballots that are machine counted on non networked machines that are randomly checked manually for anomalies. No touch screens, no networks, etc.

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.

3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 1, 2017, 16:48 Flatline

Bard wrote on Dec 1, 2017, 12:00:
hahaha.

something as important as election votes can't be trusted to electronic technology. simple as that.

Basically this. CA still uses paper ballots. They work great.

2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 1, 2017, 13:36 RedEye9

Democracy Is Not a Spectator Sport
If You’re Not Scared About Fascism in the U.S., You Should Be
Vote like your rights depend on it

1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 1, 2017, 12:00 Bard

hahaha.

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo