Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Get The Bureau: XCOM Declassified for Free

The Humble Store offers The Bureau: XCOM Declassified with a 100% discount for the next two days, taking the Humble Bundle "pay what you want" strategy to the extreme. As usual, this will be redeemed through Steam, so a Steam account is prerequisite for this. Here's a reminder of what to expect from this third-person shooter set in the XCOM universe:

The year is 1962 and the Cold War has the nation gripped by fear. A top-secret government unit called The Bureau begins investigating a series of mysterious attacks by an enemy more powerful than communism. As agent Carter, call the shots, pull the trigger and lead your squad in a gripping third-person tactical shooter set within a covert war to protect humanity from an otherworldly enemy.

View
23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

3. Re: Get The Bureau: XCOM Declassified for Free Nov 30, 2017, 20:55 Creston

I posted a review of this on Steam awhile back. The tactical portion of the game is actually pretty good. The levels are huge and well-designed, the challenge is good, your teammates are dumb as hell, but they do get better as they get more powers, the enemies are decently varied, and there's a nice variety of missions and settings.

But then there's the base stuff, which is so god-awfully boring...

Anyway, for free this is an easy choice.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2. Re: Get The Bureau: XCOM Declassified for Free Nov 30, 2017, 20:39 Cutter

NewMaxx wrote on Nov 30, 2017, 20:33:
Comes with 10% off humble monthly...

Let me just point out the obvious and say with all their recent sales and giveaways, they are clearly trying to bring people back into the fold after the whole IGN thing. Just saying.

What IGN thing? Anyway, good game. I picked it up ages ago for a fiver or something. Quite enjoyed it actually.

You've got to be cruel to be kind...in the right measure.

1. Re: Get The Bureau: XCOM Declassified for Free Nov 30, 2017, 20:33 NewMaxx

Comes with 10% off humble monthly...

Let me just point out the obvious and say with all their recent sales and giveaways, they are clearly trying to bring people back into the fold after the whole IGN thing. Just saying.

23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo