Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Fortnite Battle Royale Plans

Epic Games offers state of development update for Fortnite Battle Royale mode, explaining where it is heading from here. They outline plans for playing with friends, dealing with team killing, a new shooting model, an inventory revamp, post-match stats changes, map updates, new cosmetics, audio changes, and more. Here's word on how they plan on addressing the scourge of team killing:

TEAM KILLING
We dropped the ball on addressing team killing. We take action based on player reports, but the system isnít straightforward to use, and doesnít let you know whether we took action or not. This needs improvement. Last week we started casting a wider net to catch current and past team killers and issued numerous warnings and bans. We are also working on better analytical models to weed out the worst offenders and long term would love to have the ability to pair you with players with good reputation.

View
2 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

2. Re: Fortnite Battle Royale Plans Dec 1, 2017, 09:52 Creston

Apparently Epic has given up about Fortnite's main mode of play, and all they give a shit about anymore is the Battle Royale mode?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

1. Re: Fortnite Battle Royale Plans Nov 30, 2017, 20:46 DukeFNukem

So, Epic Games programmers could literally, in every sense of the word, prevent team killing in the code, but they want players to have "free will" just like God does and so punishes them when they do wrong? LOL.

Come on. If you don't want team killing, code that *#$^ into the very digital bits of the game. What am I missing here?

Edit: Okay, my suggestion would make the game less realistic I guess and allow players to be more sloppy. I guess that's a fair point. Anything else, or is that what this is all about?

Edit: And why is the "limited" edition of this game the most expensive? If I'm gonna pay $150.00 for a video game I want the "ulimited" edition ffs. Come on Epic!

Just because you aren't afraid of something doesn't it mean it can't hurt you...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo