Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

New GeForce Drivers and DOOM VFR Specs

The GeForce website announces the release of new GeForce Game Ready 388.43 WHQL drivers for Windows, saying these are game-ready for DOOM VFR. The post includes details on the new drivers as well as system specs for the game, which acknowledge AMD CPUs but ignore AMD's competing graphics cards (AMD released their drivers for the VR DOOM game yesterday). The game will unlock at 7:00 pm EST today on Steam, and a FAQ on Steam covers release timing and offers complete system specifications:

Here are the system requirements for DOOM VFR:

MINIMUM:
Processor: CPU: Intel Core i5-4590 or AMD FX 8350 or better
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 / AMD Radeon RX 480 or better
Storage: 17 GB available space

RECOMMENDED:
Processor: CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K or AMD Ryzen 5 1600X
Memory: 16 GB RAM
Graphics: Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 / AMD RX Vega 64
Storage: 17 GB available space

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: New GeForce Drivers and DOOM VFR Specs Dec 1, 2017, 00:12 Primalchrome

I'm not buying it for my Vive....and am very glad I didn't succumb to a preorder sale. I've read that it's only 2 hours of content. While that might be incorrect, I'd rather wait until a few days after release and check out a nice assortment of reviews before I plunk down hard cash on it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: New GeForce Drivers and DOOM VFR Specs Nov 30, 2017, 21:14 Rigs

Hoping these drivers work better than the 388.13/31's...I'm still having 'Driver has been reset' problems with video, now including Youtube. (The .13's didn't have a problem with Youtube, for some odd reason) I had two resets last night while watching Youtube. Very annoying to be watching something and the whole damn screen going black, especially in a dark, unlit room. Felt like the power went out, only the sound was fine. *sigh*

=-Rigs-=

"I remember feeling profoundly disappointed at the scene when Byeck's missus gives him a hidden blade and says, 'This is a weapon from ancient times!' BITCH, we're IN 'ancient times'!" - Yahtzee, 'Assassin's Creed: Origins'

5. Re: New GeForce Drivers and DOOM VFR Specs Nov 30, 2017, 18:06 HorrorScope

Lorcin wrote on Nov 30, 2017, 17:46:
Been reading tonight it does work on the Rift - just not the Touch only gamepad (but I'm sure someone will mod it)

Yep, getting a game to work finds some of the best hackers out there.

4. Re: New GeForce Drivers and DOOM VFR Specs Nov 30, 2017, 17:46 Lorcin

Been reading tonight it does work on the Rift - just not the Touch; only gamepad (but I'm sure someone will mod it)

This comment was edited on Nov 30, 2017, 19:01.

3. Re: New GeForce Drivers and DOOM VFR Specs Nov 30, 2017, 17:20 SirKnight

Hopefully this will be playable on the Rift at some point.

Until then, I just got a Playstation VR (which I HIGHLY recommend if you have a PS4) and my Doom VFR copy is on the way for that.

2. Re: New GeForce Drivers and DOOM VFR Specs Nov 30, 2017, 17:05 Frijoles

Hoping to try it tonight. Moved my system to a larger area, and just got the deluxe strap for my Vive yesterday. Perfect timing. Only a few days until FO4 VR too.  

1. Re: New GeForce Drivers and DOOM VFR Specs Nov 30, 2017, 16:42 HoSpanky

Aww yiss. Canít WAIT to see those monsters in VR. Will be playing this tomorrow!  

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo