Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

AMD Driver Rebranding

AMD's next major driver update will carry a new name, as this video (thanks AnandTech) reveals it will be dubbed Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition. AMD has been renaming their graphic drivers on an almost annual basis for the past few years, and this replaces the most recent nomenclature, which carried the clunky label Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition. The next release is expected sometime next month, and the description of the clip says: "Radeon™ Software is where visible and invisible have been woven together to empower gamers and enrich the visual experience."

View
19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

19. Re: AMD Driver Rebranding Dec 1, 2017, 08:27 eRe4s3r

Orogogus wrote on Nov 30, 2017, 13:57:
The word is valid without the e. There's some details about trademarks and the original publication, but basically it's okay with or without.

It's also funny because Adrenaline is a stress hormone... and stress is what you get when you buy AMD hardware? The marketing is stupid.

Also even better, too much Adrenalin and you get cancer.. so this driver basically gives you cancer?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. Re: AMD Driver Rebranding Dec 1, 2017, 06:07 Redmask

How many times can you rename a turd, really? I guess anything is better than the truth.

AMD Radeon, Bullshit Performance on Awful Silicon, Super Heat Your House Catalyst Edition.

17. Re: AMD Driver Rebranding Nov 30, 2017, 19:14 Avus

For me... I just called them Nvidia driver for Nvidia GPU and AMD driver for AMD GPU.  

“I am not a Mac user unless under duress.” - John Carmack

16. Re: AMD Driver Rebranding Nov 30, 2017, 18:26 eRe4s3r

I see AMD is spending their limited budget in the right places....  

15. Re: AMD Driver Rebranding Nov 30, 2017, 17:35 OpticNerve

I'm thinking that AMD hired an ex-marketing head from Capcom...  

http://theopticnerve.deviantart.com

14. Re: AMD Driver Rebranding Nov 30, 2017, 16:52 Wallshadows

Will this come with another version of video capture software as well?  

13. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 30, 2017, 15:37 Tipsy McStagger

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Nov 30, 2017, 13:04:

AMD® Ultra Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Turbo EX Championship Alpha Hyper-Fighting' Arcade Edition Plus©

With all those buzzwords, WHO WOULDN'T BITE THE HOOK?

12. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 30, 2017, 14:28 Mordecai Walfish

Kxmode wrote on Nov 30, 2017, 13:31:
Kxmode wrote on Nov 30, 2017, 12:50:
Radeon Software Fighter II EX Plus Alpha

AMD® Ultra Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Turbo EX Championship Alpha Hyper-Fighting' Arcade Edition Plus©

I think we have a winner

Moreso just a tortured soul that has bought every version of street fighter with those various words in the title besides EX and Plus. I think Capcom was the real winner there. Drunk

"No, let me clarify - if you don't watch it, I'll be wearing your ass for a shoe."

11. Re: AMD Driver Rebranding Nov 30, 2017, 14:09 Kxmode

Creston wrote on Nov 30, 2017, 13:50:
There seems to be an e missing in their Adrenalin. I guess it's not quite beefy enough to warrant the full name.

That makes it Xotic

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 4: CHORUS: And now, dear viewers, shall our play go to \ A Planet stark and drear for our next scene. \ Imagine sand and rocks within thy view. \ Prepare thy souls - we fly to Tatooine!

10. Re: AMD Driver Rebranding Nov 30, 2017, 13:57 Orogogus

The word is valid without the e. There's some details about trademarks and the original publication, but basically it's okay with or without.  

9. Re: AMD Driver Rebranding Nov 30, 2017, 13:50 Creston

There seems to be an e missing in their Adrenalin. I guess it's not quite beefy enough to warrant the full name.  

8. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 30, 2017, 13:31 Kxmode

I think we have a winner

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 4: CHORUS: And now, dear viewers, shall our play go to \ A Planet stark and drear for our next scene. \ Imagine sand and rocks within thy view. \ Prepare thy souls - we fly to Tatooine!

7. Re: AMD Driver Rebranding Nov 30, 2017, 13:13 KilrathiAce

New rebrand will be "VegaSucks".  

"On 2646.215 I myself attacked & destroyed TCS Tiger's Claw in my Jalthi heavy fighter"
Bakhtosh Redclaw Nar Kiranka

6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 30, 2017, 13:04 Mordecai Walfish

They're just trying to match the Gaudiness of their users' latest RGB Gamzor builds with their branding names at this point.

"No, let me clarify - if you don't watch it, I'll be wearing your ass for a shoe."

5. Re: AMD Driver Rebranding Nov 30, 2017, 12:50 Kxmode

4. Re: AMD Driver Rebranding Nov 30, 2017, 11:34 Cutter

ochentay4 wrote on Nov 30, 2017, 11:01:
The stupidest thing. Why would I care the "name" of the drivers? Its been countless times that it has been rebranded with the most stupidest names. Why not AMD Video Driver and get over it? Sigh.

Zackly. What a waste of time and resources. And AMD wonders why they're second banana.

You've got to be cruel to be kind...in the right measure.

3. Re: AMD Driver Rebranding Nov 30, 2017, 11:01 ochentay4

The stupidest thing. Why would I care the "name" of the drivers? Its been countless times that it has been rebranded with the most stupidest names. Why not AMD Video Driver and get over it? Sigh.  

2. Re: AMD Driver Rebranding Nov 30, 2017, 10:58 Primalchrome

Those cats in marketing have to justify their salaries in some manner...  

1. Re: AMD Driver Rebranding Nov 30, 2017, 10:42 RedEye9

More time spent on driver development and less time spent on rebranding, that's what I always say.

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report

19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo