Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Op Ed

IGN - 5 Reasons Not To Buy Destiny 2: Curse of Osiris. Thanks ^Drag0n^.
"With all the hubbub happening this last month, it's interesting to see Bungie's Destiny 2 caught in its own firestorm of controversy. It's probably not all that surprising though. The original Destiny seemingly messed up every single week, especially en route to its first DLC. We seem to be on a similar path with Destiny 2's Curse of Osiris, which launches on December 5th. So let's take a look at five reasons why you should give this $20 DLC a miss."

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: Op Ed Dec 1, 2017, 02:47 ^Drag0n^

PHJF wrote on Nov 30, 2017, 16:17:
And then Bungie claims so few players actually do them (the raids) and so we get few or no new raids to do... all the while they've made it such an enormous pain in the dick to get a group to do a raid. Raids are THE ONE THING unique to Destiny.

This.

There is no rational reason not to allow matchmaking/LFG of Mic'd players in-game for Raids....nevermind Nightfalls.

"Never start a fight, but always finish it."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Op Ed Dec 1, 2017, 02:45 ^Drag0n^

Ugh. I actually hate the Leviathan raid. I wouldn't even call it a raid...it's more like PoE 2.0.

It's no Kings Fall; certainly no VoG.

Not to mention the fact that it just feels so completely off in the greater plot of the series.

Extremely pissed we're not getting a new Vex raid with ToO. I got all excited with the possibilities when I played the Pyramidion strike.

Now we just get a...new room...in an easy-mode raid.

11. Re: Op Ed Dec 1, 2017, 02:39 ^Drag0n^

It's not so much the fact that I don't appreciate the real and substantial improvements to the game that were made in Destiny 2, it's the fact that they FORGOT to bring with them all the cool things they fixed by the end of year 3 in Destiny 1.

Despite its faults, Destiny 1 was the most intense digital crack habit I've had since Quakeworld---and that's saying allot.

D2 fixed what most of us complained about, but forgot to keep all the cool shit we didn't complain about, like:

Strike Specific loot
Raid Gear with Raid perks
Random perk rolls on all gear (aka: digital slot machine)
XP that was usable
Queens Wrath / Festival of the Lost / The Dawning / Sparrow Racing
Some really challenging/rewarding exotic quests
Hung jury SR4 (You bastards.)

I hate what's happening because I loved D1 so much. I want to love D2, but Bungie is making it REALLY hard right now...

^D^

10. Re: Op Ed Nov 30, 2017, 17:58 Tipsy McStagger

PHJF wrote on Nov 30, 2017, 16:17:
And then Bungie claims so few players actually do them (the raids) and so we get few or no new raids to do... all the while they've made it such an enormous pain in the dick to get a group to do a raid. Raids are THE ONE THING unique to Destiny.

Leviathan is extremely fun too.. probably the most fun (PVE) you'll have in that game.

LETS MAKE THE FUN THING THAT WE WORKED HARD ON HARD TO GET INTO!

9. Re: Op Ed Nov 30, 2017, 16:17 PHJF

Steam + PSN: PHJF

8. Re: Op Ed Nov 30, 2017, 15:54 Darks

Verno wrote on Nov 30, 2017, 14:00:
PHJF wrote on Nov 30, 2017, 13:07:
How about don't buy it because the game is content starved and marred by incredulous design decisions. Not getting a Sparrow until you've beaten the game? What the actual fuck? NO CHAT?!?

Nioh swept this game totally under the rug for me.

Yeah I loved their statement about commitment to player/clan socialization...lotta work to be done when you fuckers don't even have clan chat.

Yea agreed there, that has to be the biggest pain in the ass for this game. No chat, no way of hooking up with others to do raids or Nightfalls without going to Discord to group up.

Bungie has got to add matchmaking to the Raids and Nightfall. or at least create a group finder portal in the game.

I have no idea what Bungie is thinking when they do stupid stuff like this.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

7. Re: Op Ed Nov 30, 2017, 14:00 Verno

How about don't buy it because the game is content starved and marred by incredulous design decisions. Not getting a Sparrow until you've beaten the game? What the actual fuck? NO CHAT?!?

Yeah I loved their statement about commitment to player/clan socialization...lotta work to be done when you fuckers don't even have clan chat.

Playing: Super Mario Odyssey, Wolfenstein II, SNES Classic
Watching: An Inconvenient Sequel, The Orville, Star Trek Voyager

6. Re: Op Ed Nov 30, 2017, 13:40 Darks

Really? Nioh is a piece of shit ported release. no mouse and keyboard support. And your going to whine about Destiny? give me a fucking break!!!

5. Re: Op Ed Nov 30, 2017, 13:07 PHJF

Steam + PSN: PHJF

4. Re: Op Ed Nov 30, 2017, 11:53 yonder

Even though he's a complete "insert insult here", Parker's completely right.

Darks - Wanna know why Bungie and EA and Activision and Ubi and the like "still [don't] get it"? It's because they've been doing this for 25 years and they've been getting away with it for 24.5 years.

The negative response and, more importantly, LACK OF PURCHASING that is accompanying these negative responses is an aberration. We grognards have been complaining about this for decades. Literally. Youngins are just now realizing the obvious.

There's no reason for them to change because there's no actual negative consequence... YET... for their actions.

And before someone throws out that idiotics "EA stock is down" crap... that's for this month. Please look at their stock for the year. If I was immoral enough to invest in immoral companies for a profit on the stock market, EA would be near the top of the list, because idiots still pay good money for their horrible games.

3. Re: Op Ed Nov 30, 2017, 11:22 CJ_Parker

Well, anyone who still has not learned the lesson that you do not, under NO circusmtances whatsoever, buy these AAA MTX-infested casual shitfest grinders on release day, deserves all the disappointments that go along with their piss-poor taste or their complete inability to control their purchase behavior.
If the latter is the problem, I would actually suggest to get medical help (see a fucking shrink) before it's too late. Seriously.

2. Re: Op Ed Nov 30, 2017, 11:02 Darks

This is really disappointing, I cant believe with all thats going on and all of the complaints that Bungie still doesn't get it.

I was so pissed when I read you cant even use a sparrow in the new zone because its so small. That really pisses me off to no end.

Bungie needs to just go and release the entire first game as an addon to make up for a lot of the short falls that this game has. That at least would take away some of the pain.

1. Re: Op Ed Nov 30, 2017, 10:51 Tipsy McStagger

As someone who stayed up way too late playing Destiny 2 last night again...

I'm fine with this article, I actually think people shouldn't buy it just to send a message home that beta releases aren't welcome.

But we all know that people already bought the season passes that actually like the game.

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo