Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Sells 1M

A Steam Community announcement has word from Larian Studios that they are celebrating a milestone for Divinity- Original Sin 2, saying the RPG sequel has now sold more than one million copies (thanks DSOGaming). Here's word:

One does not simply sell a million copies...

... at least, not without the best fans in the world! In just a couple of months we've roared past this huge landmark, and it's all thanks to you. We couldn't have done it without your support, feedback, and faith in us.

Thank you all for helping make this dream come true!

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Sells 1M Nov 30, 2017, 12:37 mch

I'm approaching 300 hours, and I haven't even made the move to Arx yet.

But, to be fair, that includes EA time (which I threw out my save from), as well as bouncing between my game and a friend's game. I also think I may have accidentally left it running overnight once, but I'm still over 200 hours played, no question.

Fantastic game, and as someone said before...it's easily worth $60.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Sells 1M Nov 30, 2017, 12:15 Acleacius

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Nov 30, 2017, 12:03:
Acleacius wrote on Nov 30, 2017, 01:43:
Gratz, Larian!

Still haven't gotten around to playing, is it a direct sequel to Original Sin?

Well, the mechanics are very similar, the engine is updated from the first game, and gameplay is very similar, but the actual storyline takes place about 1200 years after Divinity: Original Sin 1.

If you were curious about how much of the D:OS 1 story you needed to remember/know to play D:OS 2, the answer is basically zero.

Divinity series Timeline
Excellent, yes I wondered, thanks for the link!

Stop. Lose all scripted responses. Improvisation only.

8. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Sells 1M Nov 30, 2017, 12:03 MoreLuckThanSkill

Acleacius wrote on Nov 30, 2017, 01:43:
Gratz, Larian!

Well, the mechanics are very similar, the engine is updated from the first game, and gameplay is very similar, but the actual storyline takes place about 1200 years after Divinity: Original Sin 1.

If you were curious about how much of the D:OS 1 story you needed to remember/know to play D:OS 2, the answer is basically zero.

Divinity series Timeline

7. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Sells 1M Nov 30, 2017, 01:43 Acleacius

Gratz, Larian!

Stop. Lose all scripted responses. Improvisation only.

6. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Sells 1M Nov 30, 2017, 01:13 theglaze

Anyone play the split-screen co-op?  

5. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Sells 1M Nov 29, 2017, 22:14 Shok

Yeah, I should have just played through it first time on easy but with all the restarts using different characters, etc. 150 hours went fast...plus I was unemployed at the time so I was a bit obsessed with getting "the perfect party" and restarted alot.

Then got burned out and started playing Diablo3 which I had bought years ago but not played more than an hour. Obviously it is completely different from DOS2 but inventory mgmt was so refreshing so I enjoyed it for a while...until I got a job again lol.

4. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Sells 1M Nov 29, 2017, 21:54 MoreLuckThanSkill

Shok wrote on Nov 29, 2017, 21:12:
I bought it at release, loved it but only played until early Act 2. 150+ hours then got burned out on the inventory management and early annoying bugs...like the AI z-axis melee bug.

I'll be going back to it eventually though, especially once it's patched up and/or an enhanced edition comes out.

Whoa, I thought I was taking my time, I finished the game at around 100 hours or so.

I initially picked up pretty much EVERYTHING when I started, but most crap is useless. Crafting can be ignored, aside from a few armor pieces and potions(in my opinion), so most stuff can just be sold or left on the ground. Definitely pick up all weapons and armor to sell of course, but you don't need 300 teeth and wooden sticks, etc.

It's faster late game to just buy the crap you need to craft if you REALLY want to, from merchants, just have ONE guy with maxxed out Barter, so sale prices are more in your favor. And a few +Barter items is always good, I think I had 8-9 Barter on one guy at the end.

For that matter, you need 1 maxxed out Lucky Charm guy to open up chests and loot in general, that'll generate enough extra income to give you tons of gold. I had Lucky Charm and Barter on the same guy, with a set of shit equipment(with +Skills) to put on for talking to merchants or looting bodies after a fight.

Considering their history, yeah, Larian will release a "Super" version later on if you want to wait.

3. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Sells 1M Nov 29, 2017, 21:12 Shok

I bought it at release, loved it but only played until early Act 2. 150+ hours then got burned out on the inventory management and early annoying bugs...like the AI z-axis melee bug.

I'll be going back to it eventually though, especially once it's patched up and/or an enhanced edition comes out.

2. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Sells 1M Nov 29, 2017, 20:57 heroin

Retail price was $45 - it more than warranted a $60 price tag. Support these independent developers and get them up to 2 mil sales so they can keep bringing us the real deal quality shizzzzz!  

1. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Sells 1M Nov 29, 2017, 20:45 MoreLuckThanSkill

Congratulations! I finished the game a few weeks back, it was excellent, even with the side quest bugs.

It has gotten a ton of patches since then, and will no doubt receive more in the future. Definitely worth a sale buy, arguably even worth a full price buy, for RPG fans.

The skill system is fucking amazing, by the way. Awesome skills in every tree, tons of builds, although I DO recommend everybody on your team have some Movement skills and the "Clarity of Mind" or whatever it's called spell, to cancel out mind control/charm. Teleport isn't quite as good in this game as the first, but it's still strong also.

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo