Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Battlezone Combat Commander Announced

Rebellion today announced Battlezone Combat Commander, a remake of 1999's Battlezone II: Combat Commander they say is coming to Steam and GOG.com next year. You can hit Wikipedia for a rundown on the original sequel to 1998's Battlezone, which Rebellion says is being updated with upgraded visuals, crossplay multiplayer on GOG and Steam, and modification support. Those interested in this project can sign up on the Rebellion website for news updates and the chance to participate in prerelease beta testing. This reveal trailer offers a first look, and the announcement includes further details:

After Rebellion®'s TIGA Award-nominated remaster of Battlezone® (1998), many fans of the pioneering FPS-RTS hybrid asked for its acclaimed sequel, Battlezone® II: Combat Commander, to receive the same treatment.

Developed by Big Boat Interactive and published by Rebellion®, BATTLEZONE® COMBAT COMMANDER remasters Battlezone® II with slick new visuals, mod support for the game's two-decade old modding scene, cross-play online multiplayer between GOG & Steam for up to 14 players, achievements, Cloud saves only on Steam* and more.

A mysterious alien force threatens humanity itself. In this galaxy-wide war, you are in command of the resistance. Leading from the front, you take to the battlefield in thrilling first-person combat, piloting futuristic, customizable war machines including hover-tanks, colossal mech walkers, lightning-fast mortar-bikes and more.

But you don't just fight from the front - you are in total command! A gripping singleplayer campaign will test your mettle as you learn to plot strategy, construct bases, form your armies, deploy defenses and call in airstrikes. Achieving victory is no mean feat in this remarkable blend of classic real-time strategy and first-person action. To save humanity, you must prove yourself a true combat commander!

BATTLEZONE® COMBAT COMMANDER is coming to Steam & GOG.com in 2018.

View
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

4. Re: Battlezone Combat Commander Announced Nov 30, 2017, 20:32 Nucas

shiho wrote on Nov 30, 2017, 02:24:
Last time I checked, original devs were STILL supporting BZ2 with patches up to this day. Why is this even a thing?

half life still gets patched, why play Black Mesa? how reductionist.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: Battlezone Combat Commander Announced Nov 30, 2017, 02:24 shiho

Last time I checked, original devs were STILL supporting BZ2 with patches up to this day. Why is this even a thing?  

2. Re: Battlezone Combat Commander Announced Nov 30, 2017, 01:42 Nucas

i've been hoping this was coming since their release of battlezone 98 redux. combat commander was really panned on release, i was never sure why, but i loved it. great campaign.  

1. Re: Battlezone Combat Commander Announced Nov 29, 2017, 20:51 HoSpanky

Ugh, this isn’t a remake. It’s a compatibility patch at best. I mean, yay, it’s nice that it’ll play decently, but let’s call it for what it is.  

4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo