Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

SpellForce 3 Orc Trailer

With SpellForce 3, due for release next week, THQ Nordic reveals Orcs are the third faction in the RTS/RPG. They show off some Orcy shenanigans in a new gameplay trailer and offer some details on their role in the game:

"At the heart of existence, there is conflict. The wolves hunt the deer, the deer run from the wolves; if there were no deer, the wolves would starve, and if there were no wolves, the deer would breed with no constraint, until there’s nothing left for them to eat."

The orcs of SpellForce 3 live for the fight. They believe that strength only comes from conflict, and that peace is a sign of weakness. It is no wonder, then, that the orcs count on brutal tactics on the battlefield. They come with fierce fighters, fearsome wolf-raiders, devastating magic and giant trolls to smash any resistance without mercy.

View
3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

3. Re: SpellForce 3 Orc Trailer Nov 29, 2017, 17:56 MoreLuckThanSkill

Alamar wrote on Nov 29, 2017, 16:00:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Nov 29, 2017, 14:22:
Looks good, still tempted to pre-order before the 7th, although pre-ordering in this day and age just supports bad developer behavior.

I'm almost at the point of grabbing it... Though I'm 90% sure I wouldn't beat it, because the previous ones I played were very very long campaigns. But if I get to the 6th, and have too much free time, and am feeling super bored, I'll probably get it heh.

And this is knowing full well that there will be a number of launch bugs... And that might be enough to turn me off for a month... I really should just try to play through SPAZ 2 or something, as I just noticed yesterday it finally left EA.

Interesting that you mention Spaz 2, I've been playing it just this past week, as I also saw it was out of Early Access awhile back. It's pretty good actually, but I think I messed up my campaign, I started my set of bases WAY too close to a certain enemy group. The game isn't officially over, but it's on the way downhill, my captains are too low level to deal with theirs, so they lose all the battles I'm not in, etc. Gameplay mechanics are pretty interesting for a small studio though, I'll probably just start a new game, now that I know what's up.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2. Re: SpellForce 3 Orc Trailer Nov 29, 2017, 16:00 Alamar

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Nov 29, 2017, 14:22:
Looks good, still tempted to pre-order before the 7th, although pre-ordering in this day and age just supports bad developer behavior.

I'm almost at the point of grabbing it... Though I'm 90% sure I wouldn't beat it, because the previous ones I played were very very long campaigns. But if I get to the 6th, and have too much free time, and am feeling super bored, I'll probably get it heh.

And this is knowing full well that there will be a number of launch bugs... And that might be enough to turn me off for a month... I really should just try to play through SPAZ 2 or something, as I just noticed yesterday it finally left EA.

1. Re: SpellForce 3 Orc Trailer Nov 29, 2017, 14:22 MoreLuckThanSkill

3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo