Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Legal Briefs

View
3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 29, 2017, 18:40 Cutter

raVen wrote on Nov 29, 2017, 14:43:
This is the first vertical merger ever to be blocked by the DOJ.
It is an atypical situation and it seems there is more afoot by DOJ and the whitehouse than AT&T. This should be unsettling to anyone, and we haven't even gotten to why AT&T merger might be good or bad.
I see people focusing on ifs of what AT&T will do to be evil behind the scenes (characteristic or not of AT&T), and they entirely miss that the DOJ is doing something in plain sight that is uncharacteristic in the history of mergers.

Regardless of why they're doing it, it's what they should be doing. It's what they should have been doing all along. They need to get back to breaking these virtual monopolies up like they did in the 70s. Heavy regulation and nationalization of the interwebs is what's required here.

"I like oak myself, that's what's in my bedroom. How 'bout you Jimmie? You an oak man?"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 29, 2017, 14:43 raVen

This is the first vertical merger ever to be blocked by the DOJ.
It is an atypical situation and it seems there is more afoot by DOJ and the whitehouse than AT&T. This should be unsettling to anyone, and we haven't even gotten to why AT&T merger might be good or bad.
I see people focusing on ifs of what AT&T will do to be evil behind the scenes (characteristic or not of AT&T), and they entirely miss that the DOJ is doing something in plain sight that is uncharacteristic in the history of mergers.

1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 29, 2017, 11:39 Cutter

"a pro-competitive, pro-consumer response to an intensely competitive and rapidly changing video marketplace."

That's just as bad as it is here. When the Cons talked about letting Verizon into Canada a few years ago Bell freaked out and took out ads saying how more competition was bad for consumers. Unfucking real.

"I like oak myself, that's what's in my bedroom. How 'bout you Jimmie? You an oak man?"

3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo