Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Mobilization

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: Evening Mobilization Nov 29, 2017, 18:56 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Nov 29, 2017, 12:45:
HorrorScope wrote on Nov 29, 2017, 00:43:
Doesn't this break the law of batteries? I heard Tesla is spouting nonsense with their trucks.

There is no "law of batteries." Any article that claims that is written by someone who's a moron.

There are so many breakthroughs in battery technology right now (admittedly, not many of these ever become economically viable) that saying something is impossible in battery tech is a surefire way to be proven wrong a few years later.

I'm fairly sure that Tesla is smart enough not to spout pure false bullshit about their new semis. That said, the chargers they're going to need to actually DO the "400 miles in 30 minutes" thing are going to be monstrously powerful and are not going to just run off of solar. (Unless Musk is planning to build a 16 square mile solar farm right next to each one.)

These guys say different... I'm just the messenger.

https://is.gd/twGX6o

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Evening Mobilization Nov 29, 2017, 12:45 Creston

HorrorScope wrote on Nov 29, 2017, 00:43:
Doesn't this break the law of batteries? I heard Tesla is spouting nonsense with their trucks.

There is no "law of batteries." Any article that claims that is written by someone who's a moron.

There are so many breakthroughs in battery technology right now (admittedly, not many of these ever become economically viable) that saying something is impossible in battery tech is a surefire way to be proven wrong a few years later.

I'm fairly sure that Tesla is smart enough not to spout pure false bullshit about their new semis. That said, the chargers they're going to need to actually DO the "400 miles in 30 minutes" thing are going to be monstrously powerful and are not going to just run off of solar. (Unless Musk is planning to build a 16 square mile solar farm right next to each one.)

4. Re: Evening Mobilization Nov 29, 2017, 10:20 Darks

Guaranteed to blow up 5 times faster.  

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

3. Re: Evening Mobilization Nov 29, 2017, 00:43 HorrorScope

2. Re: Evening Mobilization Nov 28, 2017, 22:58 Cutter

Bundy wrote on Nov 28, 2017, 21:22:
OMG! A tech news article about a battery breakthrough! Say it isn't so!

Yeah, wake me if and when these things ever show up. We've been hearing about this shit for years now and still don't see anything to show for it.

"They call me a chauvinist pig. I am . . . and I don't give a damn!" - Steve McQueen

1. Re: Evening Mobilization Nov 28, 2017, 21:22 Bundy

OMG! A tech news article about a battery breakthrough! Say it isn't so!  

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo