Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Marvel Heroes Omega Closed

Marvel Heroes tweets a confirmation of the report that Marvel Heroes would shut down even earlier than expected (thanks GameInformer). It was previously thought the action/RPG would last through the year, but the tweet confirms the later report, and says the game and its developer are now officially closed:

It is with great sadness that we announce the closing of Gazillion Entertainment. As a result, we are no longer able to operate Marvel Heroes Omega until December 31 as originally planned. Instead, Marvel Heroes Omega will be sunset immediately on all platforms and will no longer will be available as soon as this process is completed. The company would like to sincerely thank its fans and employees for all the support over years of development and live service.

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Marvel Heroes Omega Closed Nov 28, 2017, 07:51 Ozmodan

When you are at the mercy of a big IP holder, especially one like Disney, your existence is predicated on how long you can show decent profits. Even though this game still had a respectable player base the big spenders had moved on.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Nov 28, 2017, 04:55 FloorPie

They gave away most of the game in the last few days. 20k of in game currency to buy characters/costumes/power ups etc..  

7. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Nov 28, 2017, 04:20 Kajetan

StingingVelvet wrote on Nov 27, 2017, 21:19:
Less than a year after the console launch, I believe. I kind of want this to happen more often to scare people away from always online games, but who am I kidding..
There are enough people, who see games only as a subjective, temporary distraction, not as a cultural "thing" and therefore not worthy of preservation. When one game vanishes, they just move on to another one.

6. Re: Marvel Heroes Omega Closed Nov 27, 2017, 21:48 sdgundamx

@jdreyer

Lost forever. Even if they sell the code in the bankruptcy sale without the Disney/Marvel license it is useless.

5. Re: Marvel Heroes Omega Closed Nov 27, 2017, 21:24 Kxmode

An omen for EA?  

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 4: CHORUS: And now, dear viewers, shall our play go to \ A Planet stark and drear for our next scene. \ Imagine sand and rocks within thy view. \ Prepare thy souls - we fly to Tatooine!

4. Re: Marvel Heroes Omega Closed Nov 27, 2017, 21:19 StingingVelvet

Less than a year after the console launch, I believe. I kind of want this to happen more often to scare people away from always online games, but who am I kidding..  

3. Re: Marvel Heroes Omega Closed Nov 27, 2017, 21:15 jdreyer

Was there an offline version of this game? Or is it now lost forever to the aether?  

If Star Citizen was a child conceived in a night of passion, it would have started elementary school by now. -panbient

2. Re: Marvel Heroes Omega Closed Nov 27, 2017, 19:49 Bill Borre

Open source!  

1. Re: Marvel Heroes Omega Closed Nov 27, 2017, 19:46 Rhett

That escalated quickly...  

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo