Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Legal Briefs

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Nov 28, 2017, 08:24 eRe4s3r

NKD wrote on Nov 27, 2017, 22:30:
Maybe his kids will learn a lesson that if you're a colossal douchebag, your sins will be visited upon your children, and will in turn not turn out to be douchebags.

But that's probably just too much to hope for.

They'll go to elite universities who teach being a douche as religion... so yeah

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Nov 28, 2017, 01:27 Quboid

Mr. Tact wrote on Nov 27, 2017, 21:57:
I didn't bother to read the article, but Ajit lies so often he would need to provide evidence he isn't simply lying about his children being harassed in attempt to generate sympathy for himself before I would believe it. That said, while Ajit is a dick and deserves whatever venom you care to spray his way, it would not be appropriate to harass his children for Ajit's actions.

Yeah, this is just nasty and doesn't help anyone but him. It's pretty mild harassment, barely targeted at his children, but that's a line you don't cross - if it's true. It's hard to think of stronger contender for second least trustworthy person in America.

But this:
Pai said in a statement, “Internet regulation activists have crossed the line by threatening and harassing my family. They should leave my family out of this and focus on debating the merits of the issue.”

That's levels of dickheadry I can't even process.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

6. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Nov 27, 2017, 22:30 NKD

Maybe his kids will learn a lesson that if you're a colossal douchebag, your sins will be visited upon your children, and will in turn not turn out to be douchebags.

But that's probably just too much to hope for.

You mechs may have copper wiring to reroute your fear of pain, but I've got nerves of steel.

5. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Nov 27, 2017, 22:22 jdreyer

I've posted this before, but it encapsulates Ajit Pai so perfectly:

How to tell when Alberto Gonzales Ajit Pai is lying.

If Star Citizen was a child conceived in a night of passion, it would have started elementary school by now. -panbient

4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Nov 27, 2017, 21:57 Mr. Tact

I didn't bother to read the article, but Ajit lies so often he would need to provide evidence he isn't simply lying about his children being harassed in attempt to generate sympathy for himself before I would believe it. That said, while Ajit is a dick and deserves whatever venom you care to spray his way, it would not be appropriate to harass his children for Ajit's actions.  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Nov 27, 2017, 21:19 Cutter

Well Pai is fucking over millions of families so turn about is fair play. You behave like a monster expect to be treated like one, and your friends and family by extension.

"They call me a chauvinist pig. I am . . . and I don't give a damn!" - Steve McQueen

2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Nov 27, 2017, 20:12 RedEye9

Pai Lies and Pai lies a lot.
Remember when the FCC was Ddoss'ed, when it wasn't. What about the fake bot message that he won't let anyone investigate.
I'm not saying he put up those signs but he probably put up those signs.
The man is worth millions and yet doesn't have $5k worth of security cameras recording his property and surroundings, yeah right.

Why FCC Chairman Ajit Pai is Cyber Law & Business Report's (CLBR) Zero of the Year

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report

1. Re: Ajit Pai Nov 27, 2017, 20:01 Bill Borre

He's lucky they haven't been kidnapped and mailed to him in pieces.  

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo