Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Nioh Mouse Support This Week

Team NINJA tweets about plans to add PC support to the PC edition of Nioh: Complete Edition (thanks DSOGaming). The Windows version of the third-person action game launched without mouse support for some reason, and prior to now, this could only be enabled though a workaround. Now they announce mouse support and other fixes will come to the game on November 30th. Here's word:

Upcoming Update Information 1.21.03

The next update, version 1.21.03, will include the following:

• Added camera/action controls for mice.
  • Added customizable key bindings for keyboards.
  • Fixed an issue with analogue stick sensitivity.
  • Fixed an issue that would occasionally cause an error to occur when matchmaking at Torii Gates.
  • Fixed other miscellaneous bugs.

*This update is planned to be implemented on November 30th (JST)

View
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

18. Re: Nioh Mouse Support This Week Nov 27, 2017, 19:42 Avus

Lorcin wrote on Nov 27, 2017, 15:43:
Personally, I don't think this needs mouse support - it will make bow's hugely overpowered.

This is a stupid reason not to support mouse.

I am not a Mac user unless under duress. - John Carmack
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: Nioh Mouse Support This Week Nov 27, 2017, 18:31 Muscular Beaver

Beamer wrote on Nov 27, 2017, 15:28:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Nov 27, 2017, 13:58:
Beamer wrote on Nov 27, 2017, 13:25:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Nov 27, 2017, 13:13:
After all these stupid artificial small delays in controls (holding a button to do something, delay when actually moving, making strafing less useful by making it slow, delays when switching weapons, etc), added to make console players look better, I am not surprised something like this is happening to games nowadays...

How does this make console players look better?
Does lesser control somehow not hold them back, too?
And, given that there is no cross-platform, where is one able to compare console vs pc players in a way that these inferior controls would make console players look better?

Sometimes I think some people have no clue what they're talking about and just want to rag on the issue they find most bothersome. At least CJ admits he just singles out Microsoft at inappropriate times to be a troll. You are being genuine in your misunderstanding of poor game design and hatred of console players.
If youre a PC gamer from the 90s or 00s on, you would know exactly what I mean.
Console gamers are not used to a mouse. You would be surprised how many even play shooters on the PC with a controller. Even many Youtubers and Streamers admit to it and explain it exactly like I do.
And of course it makes it better for them, because they have more time to react. PC players can react far quicker, but not with artificial delays. Then they are almost on the same level as console gamers.
Take Fortnite for example. Play it as someone who plays CSGO. You will instantly notice all the artificial delays, how sluggish it feels and how weird the aim is, and then check how players play it with a controller. How well they can aim (often not even aiming where mouse players would normally aim) and owning mouse players hard.

As for it being irrelevant if there is no crossplay... Do I really have to explain to you that the vast majority of PC games are console ports? Since when are they modified heavily to make them better on PC? Ever noticed the horrible controls on PC in even GTA games? Why dont they improve them? They have all the money in the world for that tiny adjustment. Because they have to be comparable, or ore people would stop buying console games, if the controls are far better on PC.

But please, keep trying to explain your inability to comprehend simple facts by blaming others...

You know that every single poster here was a PC gamer in the 90s and 00s. This place is almost exclusively men in their mid-30s and above who grew up on shareware. Playing the "if you were a blah blah blah" card is absolutely pathetic here.

Console gamers are not used to a mouse, this is true. But how having more convoluted controls on the PC makes them look better still isn't explained by you. I mean, hell, you're already assuming they're playing on the PC, I think, which would make them PC players. Console players are, you know, playing this on their console.

You've effectively described shitty ports, which everyone knows exists, yet said they exist due to "making the console player look better." Nothing you've explained comes close to pointing towards this being a deliberate decision to make console players look better.

You're desperately trying to blame console players instead of ineffective/lazy devs and a reduced incentive to polish PC ports. Seriously. Reread what you wrote and tell me how "making console players look better" explains any of it.
Nah, not pathetic, I just tried to show you how out of touch you are. I know very well that you call yourself one of us. Thats the point.

No, not to make them look better, to save money, to make them feel better. I even told you an example which you blatantly ignored.

I explained to you how PC and consoles are tied together nowadays, which automatically explains what I said. You just didnt understand it, didnt want to understand it or youre as bad at reading and comprehension as you are at noticing when someone tampers with your controls.

If you seriously think I am blaming console players, then you didnt get anything. I am blaming "PC players" like you, who accept getting dumbed down console ports and have forgotten what real PC games are and the exact lazy, manipulative and greedy developers/publishers that do crap like that. And that sure as hell isnt a new topic either. Yet here you are, acting as if I am the first person ever noticing it, just like someone who just started playing games. Ironic, isnt it?

And now proceed to save your face, ignoring and deliberately misunderstanding the topic completely to make me look bad. I am done wasting time with you.

Waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.

16. Re: Nioh Mouse Support This Week Nov 27, 2017, 15:47 ItBurn

Lorcin wrote on Nov 27, 2017, 15:43:
Squirmer wrote on Nov 27, 2017, 15:22:
How does this game have 90% positive Steam reviews? Usually a bad port gets slammed. Wolfenstein 2 is only 70% positive mainly because of technical issues, but this game gets a free pass even with no mouse support? Hard to understand.

It's a really good game? It doesn't have the overwhelming melancholy of the souls series and the action is much faster paced. I'd have picked it up day 1 on PC if I hadn't already bought the PS4 version - never finished mainly because the graphics were just horrible (I'm not used to PS4 and do struggle dropping to 1080p and below, FFXV was the same).

Personally, I don't think this needs mouse support - it will make bow's hugely overpowered.

It needs mouse support. I and many others would only play it if it did. They just have to be competent devs who actually do the work and balance the game for it.

15. Re: Nioh Mouse Support This Week Nov 27, 2017, 15:45 ItBurn

Beamer wrote on Nov 27, 2017, 15:28:
You're desperately trying to blame console players instead of ineffective/lazy devs and a reduced incentive to polish PC ports. Seriously. Reread what you wrote and tell me how "making console players look better" explains any of it.

I didn't read his post and I'm not trying to defend a position, but it's just a fact that most games that allow people using a mouse and people using a gamepad to play together either gimp the mouse or artificially improve gamepad. They have to do this in order to make the odds even. It can also creep up into singleplayer. It can be frustrating and one could claim that it was made in order to make gamepad users look better... There are definitely devs that just do a bad job and release crappy mouse controls for no excusable reason and I don't know if it's the case here.

14. Re: Nioh Mouse Support This Week Nov 27, 2017, 15:43 Lorcin

Squirmer wrote on Nov 27, 2017, 15:22:
How does this game have 90% positive Steam reviews? Usually a bad port gets slammed. Wolfenstein 2 is only 70% positive mainly because of technical issues, but this game gets a free pass even with no mouse support? Hard to understand.

It's a really good game? It doesn't have the overwhelming melancholy of the souls series and the action is much faster paced. I'd have picked it up day 1 on PC if I hadn't already bought the PS4 version - never finished mainly because the graphics were just horrible (I'm not used to PS4 and do struggle dropping to 1080p and below, FFXV was the same).

13. Re: Nioh Mouse Support This Week Nov 27, 2017, 15:28 Beamer

Muscular Beaver wrote on Nov 27, 2017, 13:58:
After all these stupid artificial small delays in controls (holding a button to do something, delay when actually moving, making strafing less useful by making it slow, delays when switching weapons, etc), added to make console players look better, I am not surprised something like this is happening to games nowadays...

And, given that there is no cross-platform, where is one able to compare console vs pc players in a way that these inferior controls would make console players look better?

Sometimes I think some people have no clue what they're talking about and just want to rag on the issue they find most bothersome. At least CJ admits he just singles out Microsoft at inappropriate times to be a troll. You are being genuine in your misunderstanding of poor game design and hatred of console players.
Console gamers are not used to a mouse. You would be surprised how many even play shooters on the PC with a controller. Even many Youtubers and Streamers admit to it and explain it exactly like I do.
And of course it makes it better for them, because they have more time to react. PC players can react far quicker, but not with artificial delays. Then they are almost on the same level as console gamers.
Take Fortnite for example. Play it as someone who plays CSGO. You will instantly notice all the artificial delays, how sluggish it feels and how weird the aim is, and then check how players play it with a controller. How well they can aim (often not even aiming where mouse players would normally aim) and owning mouse players hard.

As for it being irrelevant if there is no crossplay... Do I really have to explain to you that the vast majority of PC games are console ports? Since when are they modified heavily to make them better on PC? Ever noticed the horrible controls on PC in even GTA games? Why dont they improve them? They have all the money in the world for that tiny adjustment. Because they have to be comparable, or ore people would stop buying console games, if the controls are far better on PC.

But please, keep trying to explain your inability to comprehend simple facts by blaming others...

You know that every single poster here was a PC gamer in the 90s and 00s. This place is almost exclusively men in their mid-30s and above who grew up on shareware. Playing the "if you were a blah blah blah" card is absolutely pathetic here.

Console gamers are not used to a mouse, this is true. But how having more convoluted controls on the PC makes them look better still isn't explained by you. I mean, hell, you're already assuming they're playing on the PC, I think, which would make them PC players. Console players are, you know, playing this on their console.

You've effectively described shitty ports, which everyone knows exists, yet said they exist due to "making the console player look better." Nothing you've explained comes close to pointing towards this being a deliberate decision to make console players look better.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

12. Re: Nioh Mouse Support This Week Nov 27, 2017, 15:22 Squirmer

11. Re: Nioh Mouse Support This Week Nov 27, 2017, 15:18 eRe4s3r

Freddie wrote on Nov 27, 2017, 14:47:
Team NINJA tweets about plans to add PC support to the PC edition of Nioh: Complete Edition

I'd say that is pretty important

And only half a joke, considering the steam forums for that game....

10. Re: Nioh Mouse Support This Week Nov 27, 2017, 14:47 Freddie

Team NINJA tweets about plans to add PC support to the PC edition of Nioh: Complete Edition

I'd say that is pretty important

9. Re: Nioh Mouse Support This Week Nov 27, 2017, 14:20 Angrius Maximis

Its funny when PC Gamers struggle with the simplest of titles. Stick to MMO's and RTS games!

Besides I finished this game months ago. Behind as usual

8. Re: Nioh Mouse Support This Week Nov 27, 2017, 13:59 Creston

PHJF wrote on Nov 27, 2017, 13:04:
No mention of the most egregious bug, that of whatever backwards ass shitty video software locking the game up on startup... 50% of time I launch game I have to ctrl alt delete and restart it.

Sounds like a great port.

7. Re: Nioh Mouse Support This Week Nov 27, 2017, 13:58 Muscular Beaver

This comment was edited on Nov 27, 2017, 14:11.

6. Re: Nioh Mouse Support This Week Nov 27, 2017, 13:25 Beamer

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

5. Re: Nioh Mouse Support This Week Nov 27, 2017, 13:19 ItBurn

Too little too late.  

4. Re: Nioh Mouse Support This Week Nov 27, 2017, 13:13 Muscular Beaver

3. Re: Nioh Mouse Support This Week Nov 27, 2017, 13:04 PHJF

No mention of the most egregious bug, that of whatever backwards ass shitty video software locking the game up on startup... 50% of time I launch game I have to ctrl alt delete and restart it.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

2. Re: Nioh Mouse Support This Week Nov 27, 2017, 11:38 eRe4s3r

MT Silver wrote on Nov 27, 2017, 10:42:
If it's good mouse support, I will reconsider buying it.

Considering this game developer fucked up the simplest thing (Steam controller support...) I doubt they will fare better with kb/mouse....

1. Re: Nioh Mouse Support This Week Nov 27, 2017, 10:42 MT Silver

If it's good mouse support, I will reconsider buying it.  

18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo