Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Saturday Patches

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Saturday Patches Nov 26, 2017, 13:51 ForgedReality

Flatline wrote on Nov 26, 2017, 13:12:
Picked this up for 17 bucks for GMG black friday. Looking forward to getting into it. Seems like around 15 bucks is a good price point for it.

Fucking excellent game! Well worth twice the price you paid.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Saturday Patches Nov 26, 2017, 13:12 Flatline

Picked this up for 17 bucks for GMG black friday. Looking forward to getting into it. Seems like around 15 bucks is a good price point for it.  

5. Re: Saturday Patches Nov 26, 2017, 11:53 HorrorScope

Jerykk wrote on Nov 26, 2017, 05:42:
People are still hung up on this? Really? It's not like the original Prey was a critical or commercial success.

What we did end up getting was a great spiritual successor to System Shock 2.

I don't keep track of opinions to names all that much, but perhaps Slick was the person here that defended the honor of Prey 1 to the nTH degree here, as if it were a landmark game that was wrongly forgotten about. I liked the 2nd Prey a whole helluva lot more and that isn't to piss on the original, I just did because I do like the SS formula quite a bit. Someday I'll need to do a Prey VR run.

4. Re: Saturday Patches Nov 26, 2017, 11:16 RedEye9

Slick wrote on Nov 26, 2017, 03:44:
Does it add a sense of pride and accomplishment by gutting everything in the franchise that made it interesting? /snark
deadhorse, go read your rant review again.

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report

3. Re: Saturday Patches Nov 26, 2017, 05:42 Jerykk

Does it add a sense of pride and accomplishment by gutting everything in the franchise that made it interesting?

/snark

People are still hung up on this? Really? It's not like the original Prey was a critical or commercial success. Most people didn't care enough to play it and those that did thought it was just a solid shooter with some interesting gimmicks. Prey 2 had potential but we never saw more than a brief and heavily scripted demo. Who knows if the final game would have lived up to its promise.

What we did end up getting was a great spiritual successor to System Shock 2. If that's less important to you than an arbitrary title, you should probably reassess your priorities.

2. Re: Saturday Patches Nov 26, 2017, 05:07 eRe4s3r

Does it add a sense of pride and accomplishment by gutting everything in the franchise that made it interesting?

/snark

Still a fun game though

1. Re: Saturday Patches Nov 26, 2017, 03:44 Slick

/snark

(Regarding SW:Battlefront II) Frostshite is a horrible piece of shit engine that makes games look artificial as if you were playing on a movie set instead of the actual location. -CJ_Parker

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo