Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

On Sale

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: On Sale Nov 26, 2017, 22:22 Kxmode

eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 26, 2017, 05:11:
Yeah, 6 years actually.... fucking hell, what a mess this one is.. by now whatever they called state-of-the-art graphics is gonna look like a bad joke on release. Well at least it's gonna be playable (just kidding, it's CryEngine, shit is gonna run at 10fps on a Titan X)

Most games don't have state of the art graphics due to the lengthy dev time. However, when they reveal the product the graphics is only a small part of the bigger wow factor. In other words, people are floored by a lot. The problem with Star Citizen is there won't be a wow factor if it is ever released because everyone has seen the iterations. Graphics alone won't be the key selling point. Gameplay will be the hook. If that's not TOP NOTCH the game will fail.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 4: CHORUS: And now, dear viewers, shall our play go to \ A Planet stark and drear for our next scene. \ Imagine sand and rocks within thy view. \ Prepare thy souls - we fly to Tatooine!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: On Sale Nov 26, 2017, 14:40 jdreyer

Yeah, 6 years actually.... fucking hell, what a mess this one is.. by now whatever they called state-of-the-art graphics is gonna look like a bad joke on release. Well at least it's gonna be playable (just kidding, it's CryEngine, shit is gonna run at 10fps on a Titan X)

The original Crysis still looks amazing ten (!) years on. The graphical fidelity on Star Citizen is so high that it will still look amazing 10 years from now.

This comment was edited on Nov 26, 2017, 15:58.

Stay a while, and listen.

10. Re: On Sale Nov 26, 2017, 14:09 ItBurn

I tried the game 2-3 months ago on my 1070 and it ran great, and in my opinion, it's going to take other games at least 5 years to catch up to the current graphics quality of SC.

9. Re: On Sale Nov 26, 2017, 13:10 RedEye9

jdreyer wrote on Nov 26, 2017, 03:06:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Nov 26, 2017, 02:00:
I still can't believe they make on average 2 million a month..

Five years on, and people are still throwing money at this. I mean, I'm glad because it looks amazing, but at what point do people give up? And what happens then?
Do you mean what happens when the money dries up?

1. They release what they have done so far and call it a day.
2. The ip get's sold, work on the game continues, and it is released at a later date.
3. 3.5 years after a class action lawsuit was brought against CIG, the settlement "winners" will each get 42

Right now the money does not appear to be drying up. For the people looking forward to this game I hope that the cash flow continues.

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report

8. Re: On Sale Nov 26, 2017, 06:03 CJ_Parker

Yeah, 6 years actually....

The five years part of our esteemed colleague's post was related to people throwing money at this clusterfuck.
He (like Blue in the actual newsbit) is 100% correct that it has been five years "only".
The game was revealed on 10/10/2012. I still have my golden ticket here to reminisce that day.

Development started about six years ago but the money collection from gullible fools (myself sadly included though I have not spent a single cent on the game since 2013) has only been going on for just over five years.

7. Re: On Sale Nov 26, 2017, 05:11 eRe4s3r

6. Re: On Sale Nov 26, 2017, 03:06 jdreyer

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Nov 26, 2017, 02:00:

Five years on, and people are still throwing money at this. I mean, I'm glad because it looks amazing, but at what point do people give up? And what happens then?

5. Duke Nukem 5: Star Citizen Nov 26, 2017, 02:42 El Pit

Anniversaries: Sixth for development, fifth for the announcement, third for the original release date.

Oh, Blue! Now they will be after you, too!

They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!

4. Re: On Sale Nov 26, 2017, 02:00 Tipsy McStagger

3. Let's go hunt some whales Nov 25, 2017, 21:19 Kxmode

Another Anniversary is here and what better way to celebrate than to sell more overpriced JPGs.

- Hammerhead $550 and $650 (both with LTI*)
- Hawk $80 and $90 (both with LTI*)
- But, wait! There's more! Like seven more days more.

Life Time Insurance was a feature pitched to early backers as an early access perk. When the new RSI site launched on June 28, 2013, CIG announced that LTI would be standard on ALL ships thereby rendering the value of LTI meaningless. At the time I thought it was a slimy move that reeked of cash-grab convenience.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 4: CHORUS: And now, dear viewers, shall our play go to \ A Planet stark and drear for our next scene. \ Imagine sand and rocks within thy view. \ Prepare thy souls - we fly to Tatooine!

2. Re: On Sale Nov 25, 2017, 16:26 jdreyer

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 25, 2017, 14:53:
Look jdreyer, you're in high cotton now.

JDreyer sez: "A fresh Star Citizen thread is better than drinkin beer and pissin into the wind."

1. Re: On Sale Nov 25, 2017, 14:53 RedEye9

Look jdreyer, you're in high cotton now.

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo