Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition Head Start

The Beamblog announces the Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition Head Start is now underway for those who have preordered the RPG remake. They offer instructions on how to download and play your early copy of the work-in-progress. For those interested in more details on the project, Beamdog also announces a livestream on the topic today at 2:30 pm EST. Here are the details on how to join in:

One livestream wasn’t enough, so get ready for another!

Want to know more about what's coming for Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition? Tune in on Beamdog's Twitch channel Friday November 24 @ 11:30am PST to find out!

Join Beamdog Studio CEO Trent Oster, Director Phil Daigle, and Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition Project Director Jonathan Hill in the first of a series of weekly livestreams.

Come for NWN:EE news, stay for prize giveaways! Not a Neverwinter Nights fan? Tune in anyway! We’ll be sharing more about what’s coming down the line for our Infinity Engine Enhanced Editions!

View
2 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

2. Re: Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition Head Start Nov 25, 2017, 22:57 DrEvil

GothicWizard wrote on Nov 25, 2017, 17:05:
The smart move would have been to revamp NWN2, it's engine & rule set is far superior to NWN1. While the FX look a bit dated granted 2 would require not a lot of polish to put some modern FX in it. I see NOTHING special of this alleged EE NWN1 visually, it looks so dated it hurts my eyes. Fun fact, even when it was released it was in dev for so long it looked a bit dated.

It's not obvious from the screenshots, but in motion it's obviously better (to me anyway). They've completely revamped the rendering engine for modern rendering technology (the old one had a legacy OpenGL fixed pipeline).

But really, the big thing about this is that there's finally someone that's commercially supporting the multiplayer; many members of the community have been desperately trying to keep everything working, but this has definitely breathed new life into the multiplayer.

Personally, I'm reasonably satisfied with what they've done so far; I don't expect them to revamp any of the existing content since that would likely break mods, etc.

Here are some screenshots someone posted before/after:

Before

After

This comment was edited on Nov 26, 2017, 00:57.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

1. Re: Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition Head Start Nov 25, 2017, 17:05 GothicWizard

The smart move would have been to revamp NWN2, it's engine & rule set is far superior to NWN1. While the FX look a bit dated granted 2 would require not a lot of polish to put some modern FX in it. I see NOTHING special of this alleged EE NWN1 visually, it looks so dated it hurts my eyes. Fun fact, even when it was released it was in dev for so long it looked a bit dated.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo