Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

One Hour Star Citizen Video

A new user-created video shows off the first hour of gameplay in Star Citizen, the upcoming crowdfunded space game first announced a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away (thanks DSOGaming). The clip shows the latest build of version 3.0 in 4K resolution in ultra widescreen format.

View
44 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

4. Re: One Hour Star Citizen Video Nov 24, 2017, 14:27 vvenaya

Horrible video, my head hurts watching it.

In that one hour of gameplay, all he did was admiring his clothes, and go to 1 planet doing again nothing.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: One Hour Star Citizen Video Nov 24, 2017, 13:58 Creston

first announced a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away

Giggle Giggle Giggle

Watched the video. Some impressions:

- The camera wobble when he got out of his bunk made me nauseated. :-vomit-:
- Damn, that dude has a pretty visible dick in his space suit.
- 26 FPS in the menu! WOOT! (and the CPU is at ~30% wtf?)
- Nobody bats an eye at this guy walking by with 100lbs of advanced weaponry strapped to his back.
- Basically no idle animations for any of the stationary NPCs, so they're all just standing there gazing into the abyss. Please give them some idle animations.
- Space station seems incredibly empty. Not just of people, but just of things in general. This is a space station, every single inch that was built will have cost millions of dollars. Why is there so much wasted, empty space? Those corridors are wide enough to drive a semi through.
- Outside of the space station looks amazing. Great sense of scale with the planet in the back.
- Weird clipping issue in 1st person camera. Maybe the rifle strapped to his back clipping in front of it? Very irritating.
- Graphics look amazing.
- Spaceflight seems immersive, but why is the dude using his suit menu/radar while in his ship? Doesn't the ship have a radar/map?

All in all, as something to show off what a PC can do, this may have no equal (eventually.) However, the whole thing seems like it'd just be a chore to play. Too much fiddling with shit, clicking buttons, too little action. I'm sure some people will love that, but it's not my cup of tea. I'd get bored walking around a barren, empty space station after the second time I'd done so.

Also, someone please tell that guy that his hydrogen fuel is low. I don't feel like that was really at all very evident during gameplay... Rolleyes

This comment was edited on Nov 24, 2017, 14:44.

2. Re: One Hour Star Citizen Video Nov 24, 2017, 13:21 RedEye9

What's more surprising, the fact that jdreyer wanted a SC thread or that SC has users?

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report

1. Re: One Hour Star Citizen Video Nov 24, 2017, 13:20 Tipsy McStagger

TIME TO VENT YOUR RAAAAAGE!!!  

44 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo