Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Black Friday Legal Briefs

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Nov 25, 2017, 13:33 Pigeon

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Nov 25, 2017, 03:25:
jacobvandy wrote on Nov 24, 2017, 15:41:
Of course it's bad if you have fraud going on, but how do they determine what comments are "real" or not? Because loads of pro net neutrality people use sites like EFF or Demand Progress to automatically send messages for these kinds of things, and I would think that probably looks similar to corporate lobbies sending in a bunch of fake comments against it. Especially when most don't bother to customize the pre-written template they're given, if they even read the thing... Are they looking for legit, unique names and addresses attached to them as well?

The way it was easy to tell that it was bot spam at the time was that we were actually watching the names come in in alphabetical order for almost all of the anti-NN messages. It was infuriating, yet also hilariously incompetent at the same time.

That pretty much sums up this entire administration, now that I think about it.

And yet most people don't give a shit. Half of them hate it because it has the word regulation in it. I swear if you called laws against murder, aggression regulation people would be screaming to have it repealed because DAH GUBMENT. I also notice mainstream media barley mentions it, instead you get front and center articles about Ivanka's skirt being too short four days in a row.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Nov 25, 2017, 03:25 Wowbagger_TIP

jacobvandy wrote on Nov 24, 2017, 15:41:
Of course it's bad if you have fraud going on, but how do they determine what comments are "real" or not? Because loads of pro net neutrality people use sites like EFF or Demand Progress to automatically send messages for these kinds of things, and I would think that probably looks similar to corporate lobbies sending in a bunch of fake comments against it. Especially when most don't bother to customize the pre-written template they're given, if they even read the thing... Are they looking for legit, unique names and addresses attached to them as well?

The way it was easy to tell that it was bot spam at the time was that we were actually watching the names come in in alphabetical order for almost all of the anti-NN messages. It was infuriating, yet also hilariously incompetent at the same time.

That pretty much sums up this entire administration, now that I think about it.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

3. Re: Black Friday Legal Briefs Nov 24, 2017, 22:37 Numinar

In the unlikely event this actually gets investigated and the bastards responsible prosecuted/or their monopolies broken up they will just try again, and within a few years this kind of thing will be much harder to detect.  

2. Re: Black Friday Legal Briefs Nov 24, 2017, 15:41 jacobvandy

1. Re: Black Friday Legal Briefs Nov 24, 2017, 15:30 Acleacius

Professional, corporate funded, psyops.  
Its a sad day for America when people believe women, The Drumpf

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo