Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Metaverse

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 22, 2017, 16:33 panbient

Cutter wrote on Nov 22, 2017, 14:32:
Well yeah, cause that's how Canucks vote. They don't vote people in, they vote people out. It's always an 'Anybody but So-and-So!' People are no less stupid here.

Reminds me of my old math teacher. He always said the Liberals could run a farm animal for office and his mother would still vote Liberal.

There's also something to be said about the disparity between urban and rural Canada. It's not just economical either. It's like a weird time machine where every hour away from a city turns the calendar back about a decade (I'm originally from a place that feels like the 90s when I go back to visit).

Having said all that - what's our actual alternative? If the way the NDP run provinces whenever they've been elected we're still a ways out from having a stable alternative (is being in the pocket of a union really much different than being in the pocket of the business owner?). And independents simply don't have the capital necessary to run any sort of effective campaign.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 22, 2017, 14:32 Cutter

Simon Says wrote on Nov 22, 2017, 13:03:
The 2 elections can't be compared. US citizens voted Trump in because they were stupid, yes, I agree. But polls after the election confirmed that Canadian citizens voted to kick Harper out, it was their main motivation, not to elect Trudeau#2. US citizens didn't need to kick out Obama, he could not rerun for a third term...

Well yeah, cause that's how Canucks vote. They don't vote people in, they vote people out. It's always an 'Anybody but So-and-So!' People are no less stupid here. You can't tell me that voting for a rich brat who's firmly in the pocket of the elites and big biz is any less stupid regardless of his PR spin. If Canadian voters weren't that stupid on the whole they'd never vote Liberal or Conservative again.

People are more or less the same the world over. Over half of them are of below average intelligence. 30% of them are left, 30% right, 40% center. And they generally always vote against their own self-interest because they ARE too stupid to know better.

"If the snow begins to fall and you can't find the fire, let the water wash away your sins." - Hope County Choir

8. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 22, 2017, 14:01 RedEye9

Speaking of twitter, Julian Assange has tweeted that orange dumbo should not repeal Network Neutrality. Reason, his opponents own the internet companies and they would make his tweets and fakefoxnews load slooow while CNN and WaPo would load FAST.
That should stir up the old dotard.

https://www.lawfareblog.com/topic/russia-connection
The game’s afoot.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/politics/fact-checker-most-repeated-disinformation/

7. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 22, 2017, 13:13 Verno

Simon Says wrote on Nov 22, 2017, 13:03:
The 2 elections can't be compared. US citizens voted Trump in because they were stupid, yes, I agree. But polls after the election confirmed that Canadian citizens voted to kick Harper out, it was their main motivation, not to elect Trudeau#2.

Nah I think it's fair to compare them, they both ran heavily on restoring the middle class and on more "fairness" in politics. Also Canadians could've elected Mulcair (lol) who ran a relatively center of the road campaign but chose Trudeau who was saying all the right things to relate to the voter despite zero experience with them. There were other factors sure (staledated Harper) but ultimately people chose Trudeau.

Of course we can dive deeper into this and say Mulcair ran away from his own base which pushed people towards the Liberals which is fine but ultimately I was just pointing out something that amused me - Trump and Trudeau, both rich trust fund babies, promising to bring back fairness and the middle class. Trudeau is just better at PR than Trump.

Playing: Renovate My Kitchen
Watching: MI Fallout, Deadpool 2, House

6. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 22, 2017, 13:03 Simon Says

Verno wrote on Nov 22, 2017, 12:50:
panbient wrote on Nov 22, 2017, 12:10:
Trudeau is really only good at photo ops and long winded idealistic speeches.

I have to agree, I love a previous posters take on the guy "Total Mimbo". He totally retreats on substance every time and is more concerned with his PR profile. The fact that he won an election for the middle class when hes a silver spoon, trust fund baby is irony right up there with Trump courting the trailer park vote.

The 2 elections can't be compared. US citizens voted Trump in because they were stupid, yes, I agree. But polls after the election confirmed that Canadian citizens voted to kick Harper out, it was their main motivation, not to elect Trudeau#2. US citizens didn't need to kick out Obama, he could not rerun for a third term...

5. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 22, 2017, 12:50 Verno

panbient wrote on Nov 22, 2017, 12:10:

I have to agree, I love a previous posters take on the guy "Total Mimbo". He totally retreats on substance every time and is more concerned with his PR profile. The fact that he won an election for the middle class when hes a silver spoon, trust fund baby is irony right up there with Trump courting the trailer park vote.

Playing: Renovate My Kitchen
Watching: MI Fallout, Deadpool 2, House

4. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 22, 2017, 12:21 Cutter

I imagine the next headline will be Twitter being sued for stalking. Why do people keep using that stupid service? Particularly in light of the fact they won't ban Trump.

"If the snow begins to fall and you can't find the fire, let the water wash away your sins." - Hope County Choir

3. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 22, 2017, 12:19 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Nov 22, 2017, 11:56:
Canada's Attempt to Force Cheaper TV Has Failed.

C'mon Trudeau! You can do better!

I think Canadians would settle for cheaper internet over cheaper TV.

That'll never happen either. When it comes to virtual monopolies this country is stuck in the 1800s. It's one of the things I hate about it.
And it's entirely the fault of the idiot sheeple who keep voting Conservative or Liberal every goddamned election.

2. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 22, 2017, 12:10 panbient

jdreyer wrote on Nov 22, 2017, 11:56:

And I think you're right that most Canadians would prefer cheaper internet. Problem is, same as TV, most of the internet is provided by one of two suppliers. We can either pay money to Bell or to Rogers and neither of those two companies really gives a crap about their customers.

1. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 22, 2017, 11:56 jdreyer

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo