Magic: The Gathering Arena Beta Next Month

Wizards of the Coast announces closed beta testing of Magic: The Gathering Arena will begin on December 4th. You can sign up here if you are interest, but those with priority access will get first crack, along with everyone who was part of the alpha. This FAQ has all the details. Here's the announcement:
Starting December 4, we will begin inviting the first wave of Magic players to our Closed Beta, including bringing back everyone who has played so far in the Alpha. Whereas the Alpha was focused on a few weekends, the Closed Beta will be up and running every day (barring maintenance, downtime, or pirates storming our servers—it's more common than you think), giving you even more opportunities to try it out.

The initial invite waves will start small. We expect only players with priority access will receive invites through December. If all goes well—and so far, everything has gone well (knock on wood and/or our code)—we hope to expand those invites at some point in January to those without priority access.

The Closed Beta will launch with Constructed matches and only Ixalan cards. We expect to have more to say about additional features in January, so keep an eye out for that announcement.
View : : :

Re: Magic: The Gathering Arena Beta Next Month
Nov 22, 2017, 01:02
Re: Magic: The Gathering Arena Beta Next Month Nov 22, 2017, 01:02
Nov 22, 2017, 01:02

I hope they don't dumb down Magic to be more like Hearthstone... The thing I like most about MTG is the complexity! The depth of the synergies, the combos, the variety of decks and play styles... These are things that make Magic so great!
I like Hearthstone also but it is a quick, easy, time killing thrill. Magic is an involved, strategic, time consuming hobby. They may share a genre, but the two are not the same game and I know how popular Hearthstone is right now and that Wizard wants to get in on that money train but I hope they give in to the mob...

Lax
Date
Subject
Author
Nov 22, 2017Nov 22 2017
Re: Magic: The Gathering Arena Beta Next Month