Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Middle-earth: Shadow of War Expansion & Patch

A new Slaughter Tribe Nemesis expansion for Middle-earth: Shadow of War is now available for Windows on Steam. This comes along with a patch for the base game, and this announcement has the news. Here's a bit:

Free Updates and Features (Included in the patch)

• Endless Siege: Defend your fortresses against Sauron’s forces as the Dark Lord tries to reclaim Mordor in the Endless Siege.
  • Rebellion: Crush the Rebellion that sweeps Mordor as your followers band together and try to overthrow you.
  • Enhanced Photo Mode: Capture every battle and siege and apply new filters, frames, and textures with the Enhanced Photo Mode update.

Slaughter Tribe Nemesis Expansion DLC (Now available for purchase)
The following content and features will be added to your game upon purchase of the Slaughter Tribe Nemesis Expansion DLC. Please note that if you currently own the Expansion Pass, this content is included with your pass.

• Slaughter Tribe: The Uruks and Ologs from the Slaughter tribe are coming, bringing their own unique weapons, fighting style and a new fortress theme to Mordor.

New Slaughter Tribe Missions

• Tribal Showdown: Face down Captains from the Slaughter tribe in Tribal Showdowns, with each showdown bringing unique challenges to complete.
  • Tribal War Band: Aid your ally and defeat your nemesis when facing off in the new Tribal War Bands quests as Captains from the Slaughter tribe bring their own forces to clash.
  • Legendary Gear Set: The Slaughter tribe brings their own Legendary gear set with new upgrade challenges. Accomplish these and bring your power to new levels!
  • Blood Ambush: Repel Captains from the Slaughter tribe in a Blood Ambush as they’ve learned that safety in numbers provides quite an advantage.

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of War Expansion & Patch Nov 22, 2017, 19:31 jacobvandy

Creston wrote on Nov 22, 2017, 09:36:
GMG will have this on sale for basically 50% off for their Black Friday sale.

Yup, just picked it up myself, 30 bucks and change. 70GB download though, goddamn!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of War Expansion & Patch Nov 22, 2017, 09:36 Creston

GMG will have this on sale for basically 50% off for their Black Friday sale.

3. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of War Expansion & Patch Nov 22, 2017, 07:06 Rilcon

It is pretty much Shadow of Mordor but More; most everything was expanded on heavily, both content and mechanics. Which I think is what most people wanted.

The lootbox thing is weird. I don't mean the drama, just that they even exist. The normal ones are essentially free given how much money the game showers you with (quests, drops, recycled gear, RNG missions...), and the "premium" ones just have slightly better stuff/chances, but the currency used is given out daily for really simple tasks ("stealth kill X guys, 50 coin"), so if you're really jonesing for one of them you can "earn" the money in 2-4 days of 20 minute sessions playing the game normally.

I can't imagine they're making more money out of it than it was worth to put in; on finishing the main quest (which was... disappointing) I thought to purchase everything I could, and after half an hour of sitting through "unboxings" got tired. I currently have in reserve 290ish epic orcs, 40ish normal, and 80ish legendary, and haven't touched a one. And still 130k monies and 600ish gold-monies. I think the only value is relocation orders if I ever wanted to stack up a fort with my favourite lads, and I think I have two dozen of those already.

Plus with a few of the bugs here and there (Minas Murgol fort and spawning is bugged, and captains can randomly be vanished or get replaced for no good reason) I'd probably be pissed if I paid whatever for some orc and he just got deleted the next day.

Still having fun with it, though.

2. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of War Expansion & Patch Nov 21, 2017, 20:57 Rhett

I'm sure it is pretty similar, but I don't recall the orcs being nearly as notable or crazy in the first game. It has a fair share of tedium, but it's a cool story with well-voiced characters, and it's very fluid. A good option if you want to play AssCreed without supporting the garbage that is Ubisoft.

Though this DLC being $15 is just stupid and not worth it from what I can tell. I could see half that at most. The free updates are quite nice, however. I really enjoyed the game, myself. I actually *cough* tried it *cough* and was dead-set against buying it (due to that one DLC with the dead producer and the inclusion of loot boxes potentially swaying gameplay), but I saw that the loot box fiasco was WAY out of proportion and they can be 100% ignored, safely.

Hell, even if you do spend money on them, it's not even worth it for what you get in those boxes.

Game does get tedious at the end, but only because of how the Shadow Wars work, and the "true ending". One of the more fun things to do was defending your fort from the AI, and after a certain point in the game that stops happening (until this update), so that's cool.

1. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of War Expansion & Patch Nov 21, 2017, 18:58 Xero

This game reminds me of Left 4 Dead 2 (I know, probably couldn't be anymore different). Except that Left 4 Dead 2 was almost Left 4 Dead, with everything done right. Graphically identical more or less and just added so much more to what was already a fun game on it's own. Left 4 Dead 2 just felt complete.

While Shadow of Mordor was quite repetitive to me, watching the gameplay videos of this new one, it looks nearly identical. Obviously with plenty of new enhancements that warrant a sequel positioning as L4D2.

I haven't played this Shadow of War title yet and probably will not until the price drops to bargain bin, but it at least appears this way from all the gameplay videos I've watched. Heck, even the music seemed identical to the original...

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo