Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Patches

View
17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

17. Re: Morning Patches Nov 22, 2017, 17:59 Dacote

Damn you whoever said W3 goty was only 20 dollars , LOL. Had to buy it just so my palms would quit itching.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: Morning Patches Nov 22, 2017, 15:10 webber

He was asking if the EE mod is the mod that makes Geralt fight properly. Upon seeing the EE video he realized that it is not. So I assume there's another mod that actually does fix the swordplay.  

15. Re: Morning Patches Nov 22, 2017, 11:50 Creston

webber wrote on Nov 22, 2017, 11:28:
In the news about the Witcher 3 Enhanced Edition mod someone commented
yuastnav wrote on Nov 20, 2017, 06:58:
Is this the mod that makes Geralt actually fight properly and not dance around like a ballerina?
[edit]
Looking at this video the answer is no. It is not.
I just wanna know which mod he meant, a mod that creates a less mindless hack n' slash swordplay without going as over the top as EE. I have no idea what any of this has to do with kiddie games or Nintendo or whatever.

I think yuastnav was referring to the EE mod.

14. Re: Morning Patches Nov 22, 2017, 11:28 webber

In the news about the Witcher 3 Enhanced Edition mod someone commented
yuastnav wrote on Nov 20, 2017, 06:58:
Is this the mod that makes Geralt actually fight properly and not dance around like a ballerina?
[edit]
Looking at this video the answer is no. It is not.
I just wanna know which mod he meant, a mod that creates a less mindless hack n' slash swordplay without going as over the top as EE. I have no idea what any of this has to do with kiddie games or Nintendo or whatever.

13. Re: Morning Patches Nov 22, 2017, 11:22 Beamer

ForgedReality wrote on Nov 22, 2017, 10:02:
webber wrote on Nov 22, 2017, 07:21:
Which mod do you need if you want the combat to be less of a hack, slash, dance?

The one that sells your PC, buys a Nintendo and starts playing kiddie games like Super Mario Bros.

C'mon, why is "kiddie" an insult, and SMB is as much an adult game as any. Perhaps not adult themed, but is there anything wrong with an adult enjoying it?

Of course not. Deeming things "kiddie" is usually a better indicator of immaturity than playing the things people deem "kiddie."

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

12. Re: Morning Patches Nov 22, 2017, 10:02 ForgedReality

webber wrote on Nov 22, 2017, 07:21:
Which mod do you need if you want the combat to be less of a hack, slash, dance?

The one that sells your PC, buys a Nintendo and starts playing kiddie games like Super Mario Bros.

11. Re: Morning Patches Nov 22, 2017, 07:21 webber

10. Re: Morning Patches Nov 21, 2017, 21:11 Bundy

Riahderymnmaddog wrote on Nov 21, 2017, 10:39:
Am I the only one who found Battlefront two single player fun AF

Honestly, I'm quite enjoying it. It does show it's limitations in that you can tell it's a MP game with an SP mode tacked on, but being a SW nerd and seeing what happened right after EP6 was too good to pass up. There's some questions answered about Force Awakens and things that tie it closer to the original series.

9. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 21, 2017, 16:51 Mordecai Walfish

Creston wrote on Nov 21, 2017, 11:34:
HorrorScope wrote on Nov 21, 2017, 11:11:
Am I reading this right, there have been two major mod releases for Witcher 3 in back to back days? Or are they the same ones?

No, they're different mods. Also, the Enhanced Edition mod had been out for quite a while, it had just received an update in the last week or so.

Quite frankly, the EE mod looks boring as hell. Large monsters are literally incapable of defending themselves against you if you can "bend" your attacks around them. Kudos to the guy for making something different, but not every mod that claims to make combat better actually does so. (Unless you enjoy just chopping monsters down without them being able to do anything against you.)

I like the changelist of this Immersion mod, especially that he buffed Yen and Trish. They always felt like piddly cantrip casters in the game, rather than two of the most powerful sorceresses of all time.

This Immersion and Gameplay mod is incompatible with the other mod as well, and between the two, the one made by a CDPR senior gameplay designer is an easy pick, as the other mod basically just turns the combat into more of an action game.

"What do I want? I don't really know. Most of the time I ignore my quest and walk into the homes of others, riffling through people's shelves... oooh, like those over there!"

8. Re: Morning Patches Nov 21, 2017, 16:15 Tipsy McStagger

Dammit witcher 3.. I don't have time to give you another 260 hours!!

QUIT TRYING TO PULL ME BACK IN!

7. Re: Morning Patches Nov 21, 2017, 14:43 MeanJim

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 21, 2017, 10:27:
https://i.redd.it/n4jqfyufbazz.jpg

Was that supposed to be posted over here?

MeanJim on Steam

6. Re: Morning Patches Nov 21, 2017, 11:34 Creston

HorrorScope wrote on Nov 21, 2017, 11:11:
Am I reading this right, there have been two major mod releases for Witcher 3 in back to back days? Or are they the same ones?

No, they're different mods. Also, the Enhanced Edition mod had been out for quite a while, it had just received an update in the last week or so.

Quite frankly, the EE mod looks boring as hell. Large monsters are literally incapable of defending themselves against you if you can "bend" your attacks around them. Kudos to the guy for making something different, but not every mod that claims to make combat better actually does so. (Unless you enjoy just chopping monsters down without them being able to do anything against you.)

I like the changelist of this Immersion mod, especially that he buffed Yen and Trish. They always felt like piddly cantrip casters in the game, rather than two of the most powerful sorceresses of all time.

5. Re: Morning Patches Nov 21, 2017, 11:30 meezookeewee

Riahderymnmaddog wrote on Nov 21, 2017, 10:39:

Nope, I enjoyed it as well. That being said, it definitely heads into very predictable territory as far as the story goes. I'm glad it's there and there are elements that are pretty good. It looks, sounds, and feels like Star Wars, as it should, but I don't dig the way it ends.

4. Re: Morning Patches Nov 21, 2017, 11:28 DangerDog

Was watching a SWBF2 streamer last night, there's a really nasty exploit for the lizard guy hero where you can keep pressing R to rearm his grenade spam weapon ability.

The patch .2 seems to have broke the game, looks like DICE can't catch a break from the Star Wars gaming curse.

3. Re: Morning Patches Nov 21, 2017, 11:11 HorrorScope

2. Re: Morning Patches Nov 21, 2017, 10:39 Riahderymnmaddog

17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo