Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

PlanetSide 2 Celebrates Fifth Anniversary With a Patch

The PlanetSide 2 Forums celebrate the fifth anniversary of PlanetSide 2, the multiplayer shooter sequel which launched on this day in 2012 (thanks Dave). There is a new patch with user-interface and quality-of-life improvements, and they are now offering sales of three different anniversary bundles with all sorts of in-game gear. They are also offering double experience until Friday. Here's a bit:

On November 20, PlanetSide 2 celebrates its fifth anniversary as the world’s most massively multiplayer online first person shooter. From launch to now, our players have played for more than 211,215,456 hours combined, that’s 24,111 years’ worth of combat on the vast, battle-scarred planet of Auraxis.

To commemorate the occasion, any player can redeem the code “5YearsPS2” in the Depot and receive a free fifth anniversary decal! Double Experience will also be running from Nov. 17 to Nov. 24. (Members will receive quadruple experience on Friday, Nov. 24!)

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: PlanetSide 2 Celebrates Fifth Anniversary With a Patch Nov 20, 2017, 23:31 Mordecai Walfish

I've played this since launch and literally just uninstalled it last week after realizing that, while it is fun, the gunplay that the entire experience is based around is so poor that getting shot around corners is pretty much just a core gameplay mechanic, and that is something that is never going to change. It's all glitz, but very lacking in substance with a very wobbly foundation it is built upon. I did have some fun with this over the years, but it is not really worth playing as either an MMO or a shooter, at this point.  

"No, let me clarify - if you don't watch it, I'll be wearing your ass for a shoe."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: PlanetSide 2 Celebrates Fifth Anniversary With a Patch Nov 20, 2017, 15:58 Tipsy McStagger

I played this tons... got up to BR88.. but it takes just as long to go from BR1 to 80 as it does to go from 80 to 100...  

4. Re: PlanetSide 2 Celebrates Fifth Anniversary With a Patch Nov 20, 2017, 15:25 Hump

Its been 5 years.....ALREADY???

Ima gettin old.......old

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

3. Re: PlanetSide 2 Celebrates Fifth Anniversary With a Patch Nov 20, 2017, 15:04 Jagacademy

I loved PS1, played it from the start. Was excited about PS2, but just couldn't get into it.  

2. Re: PlanetSide 2 Celebrates Fifth Anniversary With a Patch Nov 20, 2017, 14:31 OldDirtyEwok

NewMaxx wrote on Nov 20, 2017, 11:20:
My feelings about this (as a big PS2 fan):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w92RLWYzSOE

That's pretty much my feeling going from PS1 to PS2

1. Re: PlanetSide 2 Celebrates Fifth Anniversary With a Patch Nov 20, 2017, 11:20 NewMaxx

My feelings about this (as a big PS2 fan):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w92RLWYzSOE

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo