Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Legal Briefs

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 20, 2017, 17:09 jacobvandy

Seriously. I used to play Caesar's Palace for Genesis when I was a kid and they had everything in there, slots, poker, blackjack, craps, roulette, keno, horses... You NEVER see games like that anymore, certainly not on consoles. The first couple generations of Pokemon had a 'game corner' with slot machines, but then that was replaced by a more skill-based puzzle game before they got rid of it entirely. And that's just pretend gambling! It boggles my mind how that's been legislated to hell and yet paying real money for random loot isn't.

Publishing odds may help people realize how fucked they are (though then there's the issue of them being truthful), but I think the real issue has more to do with the whole in-game currency thing. With how pervasive it is, there's got to be some loophole somewhere that means exchanging cash for platinum or crystals or moon rocks or whatever translates to you agreeing that you're literally flushing money down the toilet and so anything beyond that has no legal consequence. It's total bullshit.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 20, 2017, 12:20 Creston

Linksil wrote on Nov 20, 2017, 11:22:
Sadly, I think disclosing odds will get around the gambling thing in most places. Just they're still going to cry, when they have to do that, because people will realize how low the odds are to get what they want.

I think even if you disclose the odds, it has to become an R rated game? I thought I read that somewhere a few weeks ago.

And yeah, I forgot Holland as well, so 3 countries. It's gambling, countries, please outlaw it.

3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 20, 2017, 11:43 Wallshadows

Creston wrote on Nov 20, 2017, 10:41:
That's 2 countries. The ball is rolling, slowly. I can't wait until countries declare it gambling and it has to stop. The cries of anguish from shitbag publishers will be incredible. It will be the only sound heard around the world.

I'm fairly certain the Netherlands are investigating it as well.

2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 20, 2017, 11:22 Linksil

Sadly, I think disclosing odds will get around the gambling thing in most places. Just they're still going to cry, when they have to do that, because people will realize how low the odds are to get what they want.  
Munching On: FF14 storyline, SAO PS4, Horizon.

1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 20, 2017, 10:41 Creston

That's 2 countries. The ball is rolling, slowly. I can't wait until countries declare it gambling and it has to stop. The cries of anguish from shitbag publishers will be incredible. It will be the only sound heard around the world.  

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo