Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Sunday Legal Briefs

View
17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

17. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Nov 22, 2017, 08:22 Mr. Tact

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 22, 2017, 07:42:
Well then i have met a lot of idiots that didn't pay attention because they said they voted for white supremacist tRumpf simply because they could not stand President Hillary Rodham Clinton. I bet the number is larger than you think.
Actually, I think there are a LOT of idiots in the general population, probably more than 62 million. It is a major problem everywhere. People too focused on themselves instead of what is going on around them, let alone what is going on around the world,

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Nov 22, 2017, 07:42 RedEye9

Mr. Tact wrote on Nov 20, 2017, 09:56:
RedEye9 wrote on Nov 20, 2017, 09:41:
Mr. Tact wrote on Nov 19, 2017, 22:46:
Oh, and if you still don't understand why they would do that... think about it... 62 million people voted for Donald J. Trump, why the hell would they do THAT?
Not true, 30 million of those voted against President Hillary Rodham Clinton.
While I understand the concept, I don't think it is accurate to apply it in this case. Even if you think/thought HRC was a terrible candidate, which actually I would agree she was, for anyone caring to actually pay attention the choice of Trump was clearly worse. Consequently, I refuse to give relief of guilt to any Trump voter due to a claim of, "I was voting against Clinton." The only reason to vote for Trump is because you were not paying attention, or you are an idiot, or both.
Well then i have met a lot of idiots that didn't pay attention because they said they voted for white supremacist tRumpf simply because they could not stand President Hillary Rodham Clinton. I bet the number is larger than you think.
Russian controlled social media "posts and events" along with a seedy nation destroyer like Bannon played a large part in this travesty.

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report

15. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Nov 20, 2017, 12:39 jdreyer

KS wrote on Nov 20, 2017, 10:31:
It would be nice if the regulation change link was to a site that discussed, or even just explained the issue, instead of shilling for you to call your congressman about it.

There's nothing to discuss. Getting rid of it is bad for you, and bad for me. It's bad for the economy and stability of our nation. The recession of 2007 will rise again. It's that simple.

If Star Citizen was a child conceived in a night of passion, it would have started elementary school by now. -panbient

14. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Nov 20, 2017, 12:39 jdreyer

Mr. Tact wrote on Nov 20, 2017, 09:56:
Oh, and if you still don't understand why they would do that... think about it... 62 million people voted for Donald J. Trump, why the hell would they do THAT?
While I understand the concept, I don't think it is accurate to apply it in this case. Even if you think/thought HRC was a terrible candidate, which actually I would agree she was, for anyone caring to actually pay attention the choice of Trump was clearly worse. Consequently, I refuse to give relief of guilt to any Trump voter due to a claim of, "I was voting against Clinton." The only reason to vote for Trump is because you were not paying attention, or you are an idiot, or both.

We are talking about Trump voters here.

There's a few things to keep in mind.

1. The right wing media and Republicans have been railing against the Clintons for 25 years. Some of that is bound to stick.

2. Trump ran a brilliant campaign, despite his flaws. He told people what they wanted to hear, and they took him at his word.

3. Comey's letter.

If Star Citizen was a child conceived in a night of passion, it would have started elementary school by now. -panbient

13. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Nov 20, 2017, 10:31 KS

It would be nice if the regulation change link was to a site that discussed, or even just explained the issue, instead of shilling for you to call your congressman about it.  

12. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Nov 20, 2017, 10:04 Mr. Tact

Listen, sure -- I lean left, but I'm not saying Ds are saints or even always right. They do some really stupid shit too. However, while the choice between HRC and Trump was terrible to have to make, ultimately it was an easy decision which 62 million people failed to make correctly.

This comment was edited on Nov 20, 2017, 14:05.

11. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Nov 20, 2017, 09:56 Mr. Tact

10. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Nov 20, 2017, 09:41 RedEye9

9. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Nov 20, 2017, 03:07 jdreyer

Because Hillary had an email server, duh.

Also, she ran a pedo ring out of a pizza parlor basement, double duh.

Because, you know, 65 year old women are all about the pedo. It is known.

8. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Nov 20, 2017, 02:51 loomy

agreeing with cutter, feelsgoodman

Cutter wrote on Nov 19, 2017, 19:25:
There are unbelievably large pools of dark money sloshing around in the fight to kill the CFRB. Organizations like the "U.S. Consumers Coalition" won't reveal their funders and their principal competitors for anti-CFRB is "Protect America’s Consumers," whose funders are also a secret. But their attack-ads, deceptive reports, and planted news stories are very visible indeed.

Can you imagine being someone who works for one of these phony groups. I mean you'd have to be a literal remorseless psycho/sociopath to do that for a living and not only not let it bother you but actually enjoy it.

And how fucking dumb do you have to be to not understand that supporting the dismantling of an agency like that is in your worst interest? I literally do not understand how all these right-wing hillbillies can possibly be that stupid and gullible. I mean if you're that moronic you are literally to dumb to be entitled to a vote. It certainly makes more clear to me why the aristocracy of old always understood that most of the masses are too ignorant to know what's best for themselves.

7. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Nov 19, 2017, 22:46 Mr. Tact

6. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Nov 19, 2017, 22:39 Mr. Tact

I'd assume they are just small, well paid, think tanks which figure out what needs to be done, then outsources/contracts media companies to produce the ads/commercials.  

5. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Nov 19, 2017, 19:25 Cutter

There are unbelievably large pools of dark money sloshing around in the fight to kill the CFRB. Organizations like the "U.S. Consumers Coalition" won't reveal their funders and their principal competitors for anti-CFRB is "Protect America’s Consumers," whose funders are also a secret. But their attack-ads, deceptive reports, and planted news stories are very visible indeed.

Can you imagine being someone who works for one of these phony groups. I mean you'd have to be a literal remorseless psycho/sociopath to do that for a living and not only not let it bother you but actually enjoy it.

And how fucking dumb do you have to be to not understand that supporting the dismantling of an agency like that is in your worst interest? I literally do not understand how all these right-wing hillbillies can possibly be that stupid and gullible. I mean if you're that moronic you are literally to dumb to be entitled to a vote. It certainly makes more clear to me why the aristocracy of old always understood that most of the masses are too ignorant to know what's best for themselves.

"They call me a chauvinist pig. I am . . . and I don't give a damn!" - Steve McQueen

4. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Nov 19, 2017, 15:45 NKD

If there's one thing Trump has actually been consistent on, it's killing oversight and regulation on the people who need to be overseen and regulated the most.  

You mechs may have copper wiring to reroute your fear of pain, but I've got nerves of steel.

3. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Nov 19, 2017, 15:28 jdreyer

The crash of 2007 never happened. Fake news.  

2. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Nov 19, 2017, 14:50 RedEye9

Pigeon wrote on Nov 19, 2017, 13:58:
Time to start putting money into the bank of old worn mattress. That or invest everything in the market, ride the wave, and bail out just before it crashes.
It's ok because big business, the GOP and dRumpf support it.

1. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Nov 19, 2017, 13:58 Pigeon

Time to start putting money into the bank of old worn mattress. That or invest everything in the market, ride the wave, and bail out just before it crashes.  

17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo