Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

etc.

View
2 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

2. Re: etc. Nov 20, 2017, 07:21 yuastnav

The Sims 4 is partially a step backwards in comparison to The Sims 3. Instead of making the world bigger and more interactive they've made it smaller. I blame consoles.

They could make such an interesting game out of this. Instead of focusing on extremely overpriced expansion packs they should hire more AI programmers, make the world and the characters interesting, build a living, breathing, dynamical system with characters with personalities where you cannot necessarily predict what's going to happen and where you don't have so much direct control over the world. Make it more like Dwarf Fortress or RimWorld.

But of course this is not going to happen. This is EA who we are talking about. They only care about money and you get money by having artists make furniture and what not and sell it for a lot of money.

It's just sad that no independent developer (or even a different company/publisher) has tried to develop such a game. Maybe I'm wrong but I know of no other game like The Sims.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

1. Re: etc. Nov 19, 2017, 16:11 NKD

Man I had a hard enough time with those war elephants using actual equipment. Homeboy does it unarmed in a bath towel.  

You mechs may have copper wiring to reroute your fear of pain, but I've got nerves of steel.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo