Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Titan Quest Ragnarök Released

THQ Nordic announces the release of Titan Quest Ragnarök on Steam, a new expansion for Titan Quest which requires the Titan Quest Anniversary Edition. This is one of those rush jobs, following just ten years after the first expansion for the Windows action/RPG. This trailer shows off the add-on, and here are some details on what this brings to the party:

At long last, Titan Quest continues its epic journey through the world of antiquity. A mysterious threat calls the heroes of Hades to the uncharted lands of northern Europe, where new enemies await and new powers and treasures are waiting to be found!

This new expansion to the acclaimed Anniversary Edition of Titan Quest adds a fifth act of unprecedented scope, along with many new and requested features including new weapon types and a 10th Mastery for your characters to learn.

Features

• New story act with dozens of new quests
  • Brave the realms of the Celts, the Northmen and the Asgardian gods in the largest act to date
  • Revisit the other acts to find new items and secrets
  • New 10th Mastery
  • Become a Runemaster, a magical warrior fighting with both, spells and weapons
  • Combine newly learned with existing masteries for a total of 45 combinations
  • New experience curve
  • Reach level 85 and maximize your character’s potential
  • New weapons and gear
  • Find new and powerful gear, from colorful Celtic shields to famous weapons of Germanic legend
  • New relics and charms for crafting, and a new option to improve even legendary items
  • New thrown weapons strike the balance between range and speed
  • New Enemies and bosses
  • From the denizens of Germany’s dark forests to the forces of Asgard itself
  • Improved character customization
  • A wider variety of regional styles and color dyes
  • Finally: wear pants!

Technical and QOL improvements

• New shaders and graphical effects
  • Improved ragdoll physics (When Runemaster angry, Runemaster smash!)
  • Improved UI and combat feedback for total information
  • Improved control customization
  • Improved modding tools

View
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

18. Re: Titan Quest Ragnarök Released Nov 18, 2017, 19:52 Slashman

eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 17, 2017, 21:47:
Whenever I see this game in my steam library (all 3 versions of it for some absurd reason) I remember I own Grim Dawn, then I start them both up and remember why I hated Grim Dawn and Titan Quest... Mind you, I actually played Grim Dawn with the "update" only to discover that it's still as meh as usual, I got a level 50 char by the way. That's the furthest I could stomach the game. The loot system still sucks ;( and at 1440p I have to squint to even see my inventory, good to see we live in the year 2017 there!

And I hate Titan Quest as much as Grim Dawn because it's exactly as boring and functionality broken (with bad itemization) that I actually want to reinstall Diablo 3 now...... still haven't installed battle.net since my OS switcheroo....

It's hard to describe what exactly it is, but that 2 different games could entice the same emotion from me is a really bad sign. I won't be buying any expansions for either game obviously, for that I have to actually enjoy playing the dang game first ~.~

As long as you realize how much in the minority you are on your Grim Dawn opinion.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: Titan Quest Ragnarök Released Nov 18, 2017, 18:53 christheshitter

eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 17, 2017, 21:47:
And I hate Titan Quest as much as Grim Dawn because it's exactly as boring and functionality broken (with bad itemization) that I actually want to reinstall Diablo 3 now...... still haven't installed battle.net since my OS switcheroo....

You must be joking right? D3 is most shitty game Blizzard every spewed out. Install D1 if you want a good game!

16. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Nov 18, 2017, 09:42 Kajetan

Avus wrote on Nov 18, 2017, 05:36:
How many time they resell this 2006 game? It is a Windows XP era game.
This addon is for the Anniversary Edition, which fixed MANY bugs and problems of the main game.

15. Re: Titan Quest Ragnarök Released Nov 18, 2017, 05:36 Avus

How many time they resell this 2006 game? It is a Windows XP era game.  

“I am not a Mac user unless under duress.” - John Carmack

14. Re: Titan Quest Ragnarök Released Nov 17, 2017, 22:31 ItBurn

I don't understand what's happening. Do they think they'll make money on this? Maybe the re-release they did actually got them some money to justify this.  

13. Re: Titan Quest Ragnarök Released Nov 17, 2017, 21:49 PHJF

This has nothing to do with Grim Dawn, this is some (bad-looking) mod put together by the people who bought the TQ IP when THQ went under.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

12. Re: Titan Quest Ragnarök Released Nov 17, 2017, 21:47 eRe4s3r

Whenever I see this game in my steam library (all 3 versions of it for some absurd reason) I remember I own Grim Dawn, then I start them both up and remember why I hated Grim Dawn and Titan Quest... Mind you, I actually played Grim Dawn with the "update" only to discover that it's still as meh as usual, I got a level 50 char by the way. That's the furthest I could stomach the game. The loot system still sucks ;( and at 1440p I have to squint to even see my inventory, good to see we live in the year 2017 there!

It's hard to describe what exactly it is, but that 2 different games could entice the same emotion from me is a really bad sign. I won't be buying any expansions for either game obviously, for that I have to actually enjoy playing the dang game first ~.~

11. Re: Titan Quest Ragnarök Released Nov 17, 2017, 21:02 RedEye9

Cutter wrote on Nov 17, 2017, 20:42:
Ash wrote on Nov 17, 2017, 18:41:
Creston wrote on Nov 17, 2017, 18:38:
Shitty CGI garbage trailer, no gameplay, no announcement of this before release. Ten year old game that was left in a broken-as-fuck state after its first expansion (with the rubberbanding bullshit.)

Sounds like a winner!

Do you ever not sound like a grumpy 40 year old virgin who chases kids off his lawn in his spare time?

Stop trolling, jackass. All his points are complete valid. Plus one more, they want 20 bucks for it.
Look kids, it's the other virgin you need to worry about.

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report

10. Re: Titan Quest Ragnarök Released Nov 17, 2017, 20:42 Cutter

Shitty CGI garbage trailer, no gameplay, no announcement of this before release. Ten year old game that was left in a broken-as-fuck state after its first expansion (with the rubberbanding bullshit.)

Sounds like a winner!

Do you ever not sound like a grumpy 40 year old virgin who chases kids off his lawn in his spare time?

Stop trolling, jackass. All his points are complete valid. Plus one more, they want 20 bucks for it.

“I have written the only diet book that I believe needs to exist, and here it is: CHAPTER ONE: Eat a bit less. CHAPTER TWO: Move about a bit more. THE END.” - Miranda Hart

9. Re: Titan Quest Ragnarök Released Nov 17, 2017, 20:35 panbient

I guess this explains how and why they dropped the ball in rolling out their big controller update for Grim Dawn.

Seriously though, they forgot to include the new Steam Controller configuration for a major controller overhaul update. On Steam...

In their defense they were rather quick in posting a fix on their forums but still didn't quite fully explain how to get it to work (you have to scroll to the bottom of the 'Templates' options rather than selecting the 'Recommended' config option. Both of which are named the same...

It is an improvement, but waiting until Monday to release the update and giving it some weekend polish would have probably been better than releasing it late last night.

8. Re: Titan Quest Ragnarök Released Nov 17, 2017, 20:00 Caladell

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 17, 2017, 18:57:

Sounds like a winner!

Those are his good points. And we are all pushing 50 around here.

Hey, hey now...I'm not pushing it. Just gently nudging...

7. Re: Titan Quest Ragnarök Released Nov 17, 2017, 19:14 CJ_Parker

Sounds like a winner!

^ all of this and ROFLMFAO @ the price they are asking for this decade late DLC LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

6. Re: Titan Quest Ragnarök Released Nov 17, 2017, 19:06 MoreLuckThanSkill

Well, those kids aren't going to chase themselves off the lawn, now are they?

Seriously though, this dlc seems weirdly timed... the original team is fragmented and gone on to other things, such as Grim Dawn. I don't know if any of them landed at "Pieces Interactive" which is apparently the developer of this, according to Steam?

I went back and played the TQ Anniversary Edition when it got released... it felt antiquated and stale compared to Grim Dawn, sadly.

Oh well, good luck to a newer group of developers trying to get their foot in the door, so to speak.

5. Glory to those that fall first Nov 17, 2017, 19:06 WitcherOntheProwl

Well I was blindsided by this dlc and also by the $14.99 price tag. I will likely wait for a sale. I supported the game for 5 dollars on steam and will likely do the same for any future dlc also.  

4. Re: Titan Quest Ragnarök Released Nov 17, 2017, 18:57 RedEye9

Sounds like a winner!

Those are his good points. And we are all pushing 50 around here.

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report

3. Re: Titan Quest Ragnarök Released Nov 17, 2017, 18:44 Creston

Who are you?

2. Re: Titan Quest Ragnarök Released Nov 17, 2017, 18:41 Ash

Sounds like a winner!

1. Re: Titan Quest Ragnarök Released Nov 17, 2017, 18:38 Creston

Sounds like a winner!

18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo