Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Path of Exile Expansion Announced

The Path of Exile website has a timer up ticking off the seconds until the planned December 8th release of War for the Atlas, a new expansion coming to this action/RPG from Grinding Gear Games. This trailer provides a look, and this page has more details. Here's word:

We're proud to announce Path of Exile: War for the Atlas which features the vicious conflict between The Shaper and the Elder, adds 32 new maps, new items, gems and also launches alongside our latest challenge league: Abyss!

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: Path of Exile Expansion Announced Feb 8, 2018, 18:08 Mr. Tact

Apparently the current league ends at the end of this month. So maybe I'll wait for that -- maybe they'll "fix" some of this stuff. (wishful thinking...)  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Path of Exile Expansion Announced Feb 8, 2018, 17:49 Mr. Tact

Then again, I never did get around to doing a RF build... so I'll wait a week or so from my annoyance to diminish then I might give it a go..  

10. Re: Path of Exile Expansion Announced Feb 8, 2018, 17:11 Mr. Tact

I fired PoE up yesterday, the first time since the 3.1 update. Wasted some time cleaning up my stash tabs and then I started checking things out...

The new map and fragment stash tabs are excellent. A particularly good job by PoE on the design of the map stash tab. I had spent some time considering how they might do something like this and they came up with a far better design than I was able to -- well done.

That's the good news, here is the bad... OMG WTF, over. They made the end game map stuff even worse than it was before. It's even harder to do "Shaped" maps. I'm not sure I can sufficiently describe the changes without several paragraphs, which I doubt anyone would care to read.

*sigh*

Barring changes or someone showing me I missed something, I think I am done with PoE.

9. removed Feb 7, 2018, 13:33 joy123

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Feb 7, 2018, 13:36.

8. Re: Path of Exile Expansion Announced Nov 17, 2017, 15:28 Tipsy McStagger

I think the biggest problem was maps for me.. I hated Chaosing maps/re-rolling them trying to get higher tiers/etc..

It shouldn't be that hard, it should be more fluid to run harder content. I haven't played since they redid the entire acts/story so maybe it changed but I quit playing with ~800 hours right before that.

7. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Nov 17, 2017, 11:53 LiTh

DrSquick wrote on Nov 17, 2017, 09:46:
Always glad to see these guys doing well. I think it is probably the best example of a free to play game I've ever seen, and hopefully it is monetarily working well for them!

I know I've personally bought the ten stash bundle because I like to horde everything!

Agreed, GGG deserves all the praise they can get for an Indy dev.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 17, 2017, 10:00 Mr. Tact

DrSquick wrote on Nov 17, 2017, 09:46:
I know I've personally bought the ten stash bundle because I like to horde everything!
Buying a single stash bundle (ten tabs) in this game is not an indication of hording. When you get close to 100 tabs, let us know.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 17, 2017, 09:46 DrSquick

Always glad to see these guys doing well. I think it is probably the best example of a free to play game I've ever seen, and hopefully it is monetarily working well for them!

4. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Nov 17, 2017, 02:00 Wowbagger_TIP

I think the new Atlas war stuff might make the endgame more interesting for me. Gives a reason to play a lot of different maps rather than just focusing on a few, and the Elder bosses and Abyss mechanics will spice it up as well. Should be better than Breach league even  

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

3. Re: Path of Exile Expansion Announced Nov 16, 2017, 21:39 ItBurn

The campaign is huge. I'm fairly confident that it's the biggest one in any Diablo game. The endgame is horribly boring though. Doing generic map after generic map with pretty damn close to zero chance of getting an upgrade. I have probably 100 hours in it and the grind is too overwhelming for me. This new update doesn't look like it has anything interesting enough for me.  

2. Re: Path of Exile Expansion Announced Nov 16, 2017, 21:28 Mr. Tact

Yeah -- I've had two runs through it. Pre 3.0 and post 3.0, probably have 1,000 hours or so into it. I suspect this will be enough for me to take a third run.  

1. Re: Path of Exile Expansion Announced Nov 16, 2017, 21:24 MisterBenn

I got burned out on Path of Exile (albeit after 4000 hours) and the power creep still seems to be out of control, but man these guys are unstoppable on new content and things to do.  

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo