Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ghost Recon Wildlands Interference Released; More Free Content Planned

UbiBlog announces the release of a free Interference update for Ghost Recon Wildlands, adding new PvP features. The post also includes a roadmap outlining more free content coming to the tactical shooter sequel in five more upcoming updates. Here's word:

Ghost Recon Wildlands’ free Interference update hit today, bringing new PVP features along with new details on additional free content arriving over the next several months. Available on all platforms and to all players, Interference features a new game mode called Uplink – a 4v4 objective-based mode where teams compete to control and defend an access point in the center of the map. The update also includes five new maps, three of which were specifically designed for Uplink, and also introduces a new PVP class called the Disruptor. A support player equipped with jamming devices, the Disruptor can interfere with the enemy team’s markers, mini-map information, and notifications. As a counter-balance, Disruptors cannot mark enemies or send pings to teammates.

Season Pass and Ghost War Pass owners (included in the Season Pass or $14.99 standalone) will get seven days early access to all new classes. After seven days, all other players can unlock new classes via Prestige Credits earned through normal gameplay or by purchasing credits from the in-game store.

Following Interference, five additional free PVP updates will be coming to Ghost Recon Wildlands, including Jungle Storm, Extended Ops, New Assignment, Reinforcement, and Bravo 6. Like Interference, these updates will contain a mixture of new classes, new maps, new modes, and gameplay tweaks.

View
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

18. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Interference Released; More Free Content Planned Nov 16, 2017, 23:51 Ozmodan

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 16, 2017, 17:05:
Ok lets look at this as logically as possible.

1) Free content
2) A game with multiplayer already built in is WAY easier to add multiplayer content because of several factors.
A) Minimal voice acting cost.
B) Minimal scripting and programming cost/time.
3)Extends and add's more value to the game, especially to people who do like to pvp.

To say it's ruining the game is pretty far fetched. The "Core Game" was done out of the box, and the other non-pvp content was probably content that couldn't be finish before the game went gold.

The point people are trying to make is they spent all this time working on mediocre pvp instead of adding more pve content which seems to be what people want.

Personally the lack of cover in this game killed it for me. Just bad design far as I am concerned. There are better shooters out there, what happens when you try to be everything instead of doing your core game well.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Interference Released; More Free Content Planned Nov 16, 2017, 17:05 The Half Elf

Ok lets look at this as logically as possible.

1) Free content
2) A game with multiplayer already built in is WAY easier to add multiplayer content because of several factors.
A) Minimal voice acting cost.
B) Minimal scripting and programming cost/time.
3)Extends and add's more value to the game, especially to people who do like to pvp.

To say it's ruining the game is pretty far fetched. The "Core Game" was done out of the box, and the other non-pvp content was probably content that couldn't be finish before the game went gold.

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

16. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Interference Released; More Free Content Planned Nov 16, 2017, 16:23 Darks

Steele Johnson wrote on Nov 16, 2017, 15:23:
Darks wrote on Nov 16, 2017, 12:41:
Fucking PVP is ruining this game, taking away from development time that could be spent on adding more Areas and missions to the game.

I'm with you on this one. I love the game, but only for the co-op aspect with friends doing missions. It's really good in that sense! I suppose adding PVP is just a quick way to get more sales. But to the point of some people, if you can't implement an amazingly fun PVP experience, then put your resources on what actually makes the game fun, and that's solo/co-op missions.

No, PVP got added because a lot of people got on the UBI forums and whined about the lack of a PVP game. it took the devs 6 months to release this and its total shit, not a lot of people are playing it because the games been out to long and now you have PUG taking up everyone's time that plays PVP.

I'm annoyed as can be about them wasting all this time adding this crap mode just to try an appease some of the masses which took away from time and resources that could have added even more content to the game. Just annoying as all hell.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

15. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Interference Released; More Free Content Planned Nov 16, 2017, 16:09 SpectralMeat

Shataan wrote on Nov 16, 2017, 14:39:
How bout a playable full time 1st person view for those of us who really don`t dig looking at character azz all the time??? Enough of this pacman stuff.
But I like looking at the ass

Steam: SpectralMeat

14. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Interference Released; More Free Content Planned Nov 16, 2017, 16:06 Osc8r

Jagacademy wrote on Nov 16, 2017, 13:59:
Fucking PVP is ruining this game, taking away from development time that could be spent on adding more Areas and missions to the game.

I know time spent on PvP takes away from PvE. But is the PvP in this game any good? I'm looking to take a break from PUBG, and was curious about it.

Can you do the solo content co-op?

Although fun in co-op, the game was average from the get go & gets repetitive VERY quickly. Hell, the only mission i recall being somewhat different was the one where they take all your guns from you - the rest were just copy and paste in different areas.

I'm not sure you can blame PVP for all of the games floors / ubisofts shortcomings, just look at the shit they cooked up for their first PVE expansion....

Although with that said i have no interest trying Wildlands PVP and agree that they should be focusing on PVE. The gunplay was meh and 4v4 in a game designed to be open world? lol. Uhh, i guess Ubisoft haven't seen all the success around Battle Royal games - a mode which would actually fit their game perfectly if they really had to go down the PVP route.

Speaking of which, Jag, you should check out fortnite BR. It surprisingly plays and feels a lot different to pubg (the ability to build structures really mixes things up in itself), plus it's free so you've got nothing to lose.

This comment was edited on Nov 16, 2017, 16:40.

13. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Interference Released; More Free Content Planned Nov 16, 2017, 15:57 ForgedReality

I'm tired of every game having to be about PvP. Fucking annoying. It's not in the least interesting to me anymore. Where are the single player experiences (Witcher 3), or even multiplayer-enhanced single player experiences (Warframe)? Sick and fucking tired of the toxicity that always results from PvP bullshit.  

12. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Interference Released; More Free Content Planned Nov 16, 2017, 15:23 Steele Johnson

I'm with you on this one. I love the game, but only for the co-op aspect with friends doing missions. It's really good in that sense! I suppose adding PVP is just a quick way to get more sales. But to the point of some people, if you can't implement an amazingly fun PVP experience, then put your resources on what actually makes the game fun, and that's solo/co-op missions.

11. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Interference Released; More Free Content Planned Nov 16, 2017, 15:17 Darks

CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 16, 2017, 15:09:
MrGrosser wrote on Nov 16, 2017, 14:13:
I only can say that I've done the beta for PvP.. and it was something this game never really needed and it's not something the game does well.
It's very much like For Honor PvP, and you can see how many people are playing that. October's average was just under 1200 people.

Thou shalt not question Ubi's decision to test the loot box waters.

Seriously tho... couldn't give less of a fuck about PvP either. I'm soloing and PvEing this bitch all the way and it is quite fun but also quite frustrating sometimes due to controls issues or actually too good AI (dudes with submachine guns hitting ya right in the nut sack from 300 yards away in the middle of the night while you are in cover with nary any nut sack even sticking out in the first place). On the other hand: Better AI is better than shitty AI so...

Yea, that my one and only real bitch about this game is the lack of a cover and concealment in the game. I got this really kewl Ghillie suit and it servers no purpose except for a cosmetic look.

10. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Interference Released; More Free Content Planned Nov 16, 2017, 15:14 Darks

MrGrosser wrote on Nov 16, 2017, 13:57:
When you get to a certain level or prestige or whatever it is called, enemy indicators are removed from the radar. Even if you tag them with a drone.

I'd fly into a town with another human player that was lower prestige level and they'd be screaming "What are doing, there are kinds of a (whatever the orange guys are) around us!" And I looked and my radar was clear.

Oh, okay, your doing he prestige thingy, well I dont care for that system in the game it really servers no good purpose.

9. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Interference Released; More Free Content Planned Nov 16, 2017, 15:09 CJ_Parker

I only can say that I've done the beta for PvP.. and it was something this game never really needed and it's not something the game does well.
It's very much like For Honor PvP, and you can see how many people are playing that. October's average was just under 1200 people.

Thou shalt not question Ubi's decision to test the loot box waters.

Seriously tho... couldn't give less of a fuck about PvP either. I'm soloing and PvEing this bitch all the way and it is quite fun but also quite frustrating sometimes due to controls issues or actually too good AI (dudes with submachine guns hitting ya right in the nut sack from 300 yards away in the middle of the night while you are in cover with nary any nut sack even sticking out in the first place). On the other hand: Better AI is better than shitty AI so...

8. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Interference Released; More Free Content Planned Nov 16, 2017, 14:39 Shataan

How bout a playable full time 1st person view for those of us who really don`t dig looking at character azz all the time??? Enough of this pacman stuff.  

7. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Interference Released; More Free Content Planned Nov 16, 2017, 14:18 Jagacademy

Ahh, then Darks is right. Putting all their time and effort into minimally used PvP instead of additional PvE content, where most of the playerbase lives.

6. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Interference Released; More Free Content Planned Nov 16, 2017, 14:13 MrGrosser

5. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Interference Released; More Free Content Planned Nov 16, 2017, 13:59 Jagacademy

I know time spent on PvP takes away from PvE. But is the PvP in this game any good? I'm looking to take a break from PUBG, and was curious about it.

Can you do the solo content co-op?

4. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Interference Released; More Free Content Planned Nov 16, 2017, 13:57 MrGrosser

When you get to a certain level or prestige or whatever it is called, enemy indicators are removed from the radar. Even if you tag them with a drone.

I'd fly into a town with another human player that was lower prestige level and they'd be screaming "What are doing, there are kinds of a (whatever the orange guys are) around us!" And I looked and my radar was clear.

3. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Interference Released; More Free Content Planned Nov 16, 2017, 13:32 Darks

MrGrosser wrote on Nov 16, 2017, 13:08:
I tried to enjoy this when they brought in the Tier system after you hit max level. But that resource grind is just so damn boring. You aren't doing anything fun besides hitting convoy after convoy after convoy so you can level weapon. And then you eventually get your enemy radar taken away from you... awesome. I get it, you're trying to make it more of a challenge... but it gets to a point where it just isn't fun anymore.

What are you referring to when you say you get your enemy radar removed?

That never happens, the only way you will lose it is if you put the game on its highest difficulty.

2. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Interference Released; More Free Content Planned Nov 16, 2017, 13:08 MrGrosser

I tried to enjoy this when they brought in the Tier system after you hit max level. But that resource grind is just so damn boring. You aren't doing anything fun besides hitting convoy after convoy after convoy so you can level weapon. And then you eventually get your enemy radar taken away from you... awesome. I get it, you're trying to make it more of a challenge... but it gets to a point where it just isn't fun anymore.  

1. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Interference Released; More Free Content Planned Nov 16, 2017, 12:41 Darks

18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo